Why is Liam Neeson so anti-american and prejudical to albanians?

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Liam Neesons Taken thrilogy and Run all night last movie have eccessive anti albanian stories. Albanians always being labeled as criminals. Is this something personal? Anyone has clues on this? Didn't find anything reliable yet on why Neeson hates us. Any Albo messed with his wife/daughter?

~Simboli~
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Liam Neeson doesn't write movies or scripts. He just gets paid to act in movies, reads the lines, and makes the $. I wasn't even aware of this Run All Night or whatever movie.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

It's been great following movies in the theater with my gf watching vilify my own people . It's a very comfortable experience ;)

I know that they don't even care about this and probably picked the albanians just because Liam's precedents but i was hoping there was a reason .

~Simboli~
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Probably has something to do with the Albanian mafia and how notorious they are. Who knows?
Aurora Bulkualis

Have you ever heard anything on the news regarding Albanian mafia? I'm not talking about internet forums.

This second movie probably was just building on Taken hype or whatever. It seems Liam Neeson is doing like 30 action movies a year.
Simboli i Diellit

There isn't much talk about Albanian mafia in media here and usually when they do it about little criminal bands in Italy for drug dealing. Only in Lombardia there are about 350k albanians living which is half the Montenegro population :)
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Have you ever heard anything on the news regarding Albanian mafia? I'm not talking about internet forums.

This second movie probably was just building on Taken hype or whatever. It seems Liam Neeson is doing like 30 action movies a year.
Albanians are the new kids on the block and they are vicious because they're hungrier than the more established gangs. We don't have a huge presence in the criminal underworld numbers wise but from what I've read they were able to out muscle one of the Italian families in Astoria. I read an article about an Italian mafioso many years ago who was describing his dealings with various ethnic gangs and he said the Polish were the best to deal with and the Albanians were the worst. The only way to deal with Albanians is kill them otherwise you're going to get fucked at some point, you can't reason with them. I think the Albanians are making a name in England which might explain these recent movies. Hyena is the latest one.

Lastly, we are an easy target. Using Arabs is not politically correct and I think Eastern Europeans are the latest "thug" group in Hollywood and we're at the top of that group along with the Russians.
Doc
Team: FK Dinamo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liam played the greatest Albanian character ever. Qui-Gon Jinn or as he's known by his real name Nue Gjon Gjini
Eshte lufta finale
vendimtare mbi ne
Internacionale
Do te jet nje bote e re
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Plako wrote:
Lastly, we are an easy target. Using Arabs is not politically correct and I think Eastern Europeans are the latest "thug" group in Hollywood and we're at the top of that group along with the Russians.
Yea. This is pretty much it. Small country with little power.

There's always backlash from certain groups when blacks, Italians, or w/e are criminals in movies. I'm sure they are some from Albanians too, but movie creators don't give a shit.
Aurora Bulkualis

Can you imagine if it was Jews or black people....RACISM! RACISM! Eastern European places have just awful PR, and don't bother too much.
  • Information