Albania Vacations/Tourism

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Zemi
Team: Albanian NT and Arsenal!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can you guys suggest any nice, affordable hotels in Tirane. Trying to be frugal when I go out there but yet not stay in dump. Any suggestions much appreciated. Suggest some good food spots too please.
Berti
Team: Leeds

Zemi, going Ohrid this Sunday (brief night on route home), so will go and piss in one of Gruevski's statues :), never going direct again. Time to explore further our neighbours. 2 days in Greece on return. Time to visit that shithole too.
Zemi

Berti wrote:Zemi, going Ohrid this Sunday (brief night on route home), so will go and piss in one of Gruevski's statues :), never going direct again. Time to explore further our neighbours. 2 days in Greece on return. Time to visit that shithole too.
Lol. Ohrid. Used
To be all albanian til those fuckers kicked us out. A shame. I arrived here oct 4. Still here. In diber at moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zemi

By the way i have to suggest hotel prizreni in prizren. Best hotel i ever sttayed at. Such a homey, great feel. The owners are great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Migjeni

Yo, I'm in Kosovë and my cousins want to go to Shëngjin this year - I've never been and I don't know whether it's worth it. Tell me all the pros and cons for going to Shëngjin. Already been to the south before, but never in the north (been in Ulçin tho')
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Pjetër

As long as you avoid the main public beach Shengjin is really nice as far as swimming goes. Other than that there isn't much there. I was there last year. My uncle has a house there for when he stays in Albania.

View from his house

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I heard Shengjin has the cleanest beaches. Durres the dirtiest. They dump sewage there.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër

Neither I nor any of my cousins have ever actually gone to the main beach. We have always avoided it completely.
Migjeni

Pjetër wrote:As long as you avoid the main public beach Shengjin is really nice as far as swimming goes. Other than that there isn't much there. I was there last year. My uncle has a house there for when he stays in Albania.

View from his house
Any reason for avoiding the main beach - besides lots of people probably? Also any recommendations on where to go if not the main beach? - It'll just be a few days chilling in the sun and a bit of swimming - Just looking to relax a bit, no party time for me this time around. Good place to do that or nah?
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Plako
Team: Partizani

Migjeni wrote:
Pjetër wrote:As long as you avoid the main public beach Shengjin is really nice as far as swimming goes. Other than that there isn't much there. I was there last year. My uncle has a house there for when he stays in Albania.

View from his house
Any reason for avoiding the main beach - besides lots of people probably? Also any recommendations on where to go if not the main beach? - It'll just be a few days chilling in the sun and a bit of swimming - Just looking to relax a bit, no party time for me this time around. Good place to do that or nah?
Think Simboli can best answer this question. My wife, who grew up in Lezhe, tells me that Kune and Rana e Hedhun are the best spots to go for a swim. Of course she hasn't been there in years so things might have changed.

http://www.shengjini.com/rana-hedhun/

While in Lezhe I'd recommend you visit two of the best restaurants in all of Albania: Rapsodia and Mrizi I Zanave.
  • Information