Tom Doshi/Ilir Meta/Edi Rama/Sali Berisha

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Assume this is the appropriate place to post about this (although, maybe we create an "Albanian Politics" sub board):

Hard to find English sources here (and assuming all our Albanian speaking members already know what's going on):
http://english.albeu.com/news/news/lall ... ns/190616/

What the hell is going on with this story? Someone just has to end up in prison here, whether it be Meta/Rama (if Doshi's current iteration of the story is true and Meta ordered his murder with the knowledge of Rama), Berisha (if Meta's story is true that Doshi originally stated it was Berisha's people who had ordered his murder) or Doshi himself (if he's making the whole story up). This story has the potential to be huge!

Who the hell is Tom Doshi?
http://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Doshi (Shqip vetem)

Dhe njady links ne Shqip per deklarata te ndryshme te bera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK7ojnJ8_wc (Tom Doshi duke bere akuzen ndaj Metes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBafd9f0mzw (Pergjigja e Metes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VzEzQXANs (dhe Berisha flet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsMFuHxVFQ (diskutim ne Opinion rreth kesaj ceshtje)

Cfare mendoni ju?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Tom Doshi is PS's representative of Shkodra district. He was pretty much a criminal but Rama put him there because all the Shkodrans would vote for him since he's from there. Now, he probably didn't get his fair share of the cut, and starts revolting, and turning against the party. Rama cut him out, and U.S. Embassy said they liked the move because of his criminal past. Now he's coming out with allegations that people put a hit on him, which is probably b.s. But I think he has the district votes, regardless of what party he's elected for, so PS might lose their 4 seats in Shkoder.

It's funny because when I was in the south on vacation, I heard some Shkodrans bad mouthing him in a bar about his time when he was young. I didn't hear most of what they said, but the tone of their voice was negative, and in the end one of the guys was like "edhe ky eshte Tom Doshi".
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania

Tom Doshi was a criminal and now is a mob who controlls half of Shkoder investments and pubblic appailts .He became rich back in 90' while Berisha was governing with oil contraband from Montenegro into Albania through Velipoje. He has many enemies and i'm not refering to the political ones . This mess will clear in few months, so convenient this exploded just before the elections ;)
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
NYVirus

What does he have to gain by making up a story about a political hit on him ordered by Meta? It seems Meta himself has acknowledged that he came to him with allegations that he was the target of a murder plot from back in August (though, if we are to believe Meta's version, it was Berisha's brother-in-law who ordered and paid for the hit). To add to the whole intrigue, the alleged would-be murderer of Doshi supposedly confessed to him and there is video of his confession, in which he names Meta as the person behind the plot. To top it all, that same alleged would-be murderer was the target of a failed assassination attempt, potentially to eliminate him as a future witness to what went down.

I don't doubt that Doshi likely has enemies that are not in parliament, but the facts make the whole thing quite fishy.
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania

I think it's all part of a bigger picture. LSI is becoming stronger in northern Albania. They've been governing Lezhe during last decade. LSI probably wants one of the two Shkodra units during next local elections and with the new local reorder he would have no influence in Shkoder nor any income . It's like playing chess , he's just bluffing and probably will get what he deserves .
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
Aurora Bulkualis

L$I. The way they buy votes especially from young people would have them thrown out of parliament in any civilized country. I don't think they're getting more popular, they're just getting better at buying votes.
NYVirus

Simboli wrote:I think it's all part of a bigger picture. LSI is becoming stronger in northern Albania. They've been governing Lezhe during last decade. LSI probably wants one of the two Shkodra units during next local elections and with the new local reorder he would have no influence in Shkoder nor any income . It's like playing chess , he's just bluffing and probably will get what he deserves .
That would be an outrageous bluff... Akin to going all in after the river when you know you're holding a jack high and the other guy has matched your raise every time. Not saying he's not capable of such stupidity, but I doubt he's made the whole thing up given the news about the would-be assassin himself being the target of an assassination attempt. Too much coincidence.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The full video published by Tom Doshi :

ZQTFtvCt39k
NYVirus

This rabbit hole goes deep...
Aurora Bulkualis

So Gjergj Bojaxhi, a former PD minister of transport (or something like that), is running for Tirana Mayor. I think he has a pretty good chance. This guy seems like a nice and genuine educated fellow, that does not side with any major party (even though he worked for PD, but his work was technical and not really partisan).

I think it's about time someone new stepped in, even if he disappoints afterwards. Even after Rama came in, the only good thing he did was not be Berisha, because he is almost as corrupt as him, just not a complete savage.

The major thing I'm worried about with these guys is campaign financing. They have to promise some shady shit to shady people for that $, that could really turn out bad after.
  • Information