Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 pm

I've never been to Southern Albania, are there really cities or towns that are majority Greek speaking?

Would I be able to get around speaking only Albanian and having zero knowledge of Greek in these areas?
Vata1O

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 pm

artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 am
Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 am
artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 am

The description just says old man Djuko with a room full of proud Malesors. I have no clue what is going on in that video and that dude in the first half sounds like he's speaking Serbian.

Are these proud Malesors catholic?
lmao I can't believe the reading comprehension of some of you guys.

The guy in the first video sounds like he is speaking Serbian because he is speaking Serbian lmao. The guy in the second video is an Albanian guy in Michigan just saying random Serb words as a joke about the Albanian people back in Montenegro listening to the speech. You can literally read right above me saying that it is the SECOND video not the FIRST video lol.

I figured the video of a speech given in Serbian to a room full of Albanians would speak for itself. My family is from the Republic of Albania so the idea of a Serb coming into our house and giving a speech to our family in Serbian of all languages would be really fucking weird. I guess this shit is normal for other Albanians though :?
I perfectly understood why the guy in the second video was doing. I just had no idea what was happening in the first video. Some context would have helped. Can anyone translate what the Serb was saying?

And I'm not surprised if they're from Montenegro. They are the biggest sellouts and many of them have assimilated to just being Montenegrin. The catholic ones that is. I honestly can't even distinguish them as alot of them have last names with "vic" (their last names weren't even changed by Yugoslav authorities like Kosovars and Macedonians) and they all cross identify as Albanian/Montegrin.
Damn, how are they sellouts? Montengros and fyromians might be worse than serbs when it comes to minorities rights. And I don't know what the first person is saying but I think he's former Monte pm Gjukanovic, he's a crook. So no wonder albos might like him.

It's funny bosnians in montenegro claim the likes of jakup ferri and ali pashe gucia nowdays though.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Pjetër wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 pm I've never been to Southern Albania, are there really cities or towns that are majority Greek speaking?

Would I be able to get around speaking only Albanian and having zero knowledge of Greek in these areas?

The only cities where you find Greek speakers are Saranda and Gjirokastra, but that's definitely a minority. Outside of that you'll find Greek speaking villages in Himara, Dropull (Gjirokaster county), Delvine and Sarande. I don't believe you'll have any problem speaking Albanian only but have never been in any of these villages myself. I went to Dhermi, a greek speaking village, in the Summer of 2011 and barely heard any Greek. LedZep may give you a better answer since he hails from one those villages I think.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 am

Pjetër wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 pm I've never been to Southern Albania, are there really cities or towns that are majority Greek speaking?

Lmfao wtf. There's only a couple of villages (not cities) that have majority Greek speakers, and they all speak Albanian as well. With an accent, but you can understand them. You're not going to find any places where people can't speak Albanian.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:49 am

I just found out that it was an Albanian guy who wrote that Na na na na hey hey goodbye song.
Migjeni
Been thanked: 0

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Paul Leka.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Pjetër

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/ ... 30/photo/1

Maybe this is old news to most of you but I figured I would post it anyways.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:49 am

Pjetër wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/ ... 30/photo/1

Maybe this is old news to most of you but I figured I would post it anyways.

Thanks for posting, it's new to me. And yeah f*** Basha.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Rama with a political move in Lezhe arresting the Mayor and it’s administration . They were all corrupted and criminals like many others are even at PS around Albania but this is a political move. He will destroy with one move both PD and LSI electorate in Lezhe. I guess he is aiming big to get rid of Basha actually as this will be a test for the upcoming elections next year and PS hasn’t had the mayor of Lezhe for a while now. If Basha loses (they don’t have an alternative as a canditate right now and they come out of a scandal) the critical voices inside his party will become way more vocal and PD will split ceiseing to exist in few years. On the other side PS in Lezhe is ready with the Jaku clan gaining strength as i think they will candidate the daughter in Law of the last PS mayor we had during late 90s early 2000s. So said that there isn’t a movement in Albania like VV or CinqueStelle .
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:31 pm

With all the mess going on in Tirana and in KS seems like Kurti -Limaj and Rama are taking sides.

http://www.balkanweb.com/site/foto-ne-t ... stri-rama/
  • Information