Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

The first video btw is a room full of Albanians.
Pjetër

Kind of funny to me everybody is hung up on understand the language when in the video description it tells you these are all Albanian Malesors and in the second half of the video the guy is just speaking Serbian jibberish mocking the people in the first video.
artan

Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 am Kind of funny to me everybody is hung up on understand the language when in the video description it tells you these are all Albanian Malesors and in the second half of the video the guy is just speaking Serbian jibberish mocking the people in the first video.
The description just says old man Djuko with a room full of proud Malesors. I have no clue what is going on in that video and that dude in the first half sounds like he's speaking Serbian.

Are these proud Malesors catholic?
Pjetër

artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 am
Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 am Kind of funny to me everybody is hung up on understand the language when in the video description it tells you these are all Albanian Malesors and in the second half of the video the guy is just speaking Serbian jibberish mocking the people in the first video.
The description just says old man Djuko with a room full of proud Malesors. I have no clue what is going on in that video and that dude in the first half sounds like he's speaking Serbian.

lmao I can't believe the reading comprehension of some of you guys.

The guy in the first video sounds like he is speaking Serbian because he is speaking Serbian lmao. The guy in the second video is an Albanian guy in Michigan just saying random Serb words as a joke about the Albanian people back in Montenegro listening to the speech. You can literally read right above me saying that it is the SECOND video not the FIRST video lol.

I figured the video of a speech given in Serbian to a room full of Albanians would speak for itself. My family is from the Republic of Albania so the idea of a Serb coming into our house and giving a speech to our family in Serbian of all languages would be really fucking weird. I guess this shit is normal for other Albanians though :?
artan

Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 am
artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 am

lmao I can't believe the reading comprehension of some of you guys.

The guy in the first video sounds like he is speaking Serbian because he is speaking Serbian lmao. The guy in the second video is an Albanian guy in Michigan just saying random Serb words as a joke about the Albanian people back in Montenegro listening to the speech. You can literally read right above me saying that it is the SECOND video not the FIRST video lol.

I figured the video of a speech given in Serbian to a room full of Albanians would speak for itself. My family is from the Republic of Albania so the idea of a Serb coming into our house and giving a speech to our family in Serbian of all languages would be really fucking weird. I guess this shit is normal for other Albanians though :?
I perfectly understood why the guy in the second video was doing. I just had no idea what was happening in the first video. Some context would have helped. Can anyone translate what the Serb was saying?

And I'm not surprised if they're from Montenegro. They are the biggest sellouts and many of them have assimilated to just being Montenegrin. The catholic ones that is. I honestly can't even distinguish them as alot of them have last names with "vic" (their last names weren't even changed by Yugoslav authorities like Kosovars and Macedonians) and they all cross identify as Albanian/Montegrin.
Pjetër

The last name isn't even the worst part it's the given names which kill me.

Like people named Nikola instead of Nikolla. Paljoka and not Paloka.

:wallbang:

And I don't see what religion has to do with it since there is an entire region of Serbia that used to be muslim Albanians but now all of a sudden that region is mostly inhabited by "Bosniaks".

artan

Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 am The last name isn't even the worst part it's the given names which kill me.

Like people named Nikola instead of Nikolla. Paljoka and not Paloka.

:wallbang:

And I don't see what religion has to do with it since there is an entire region of Serbia that used to be muslim Albanians but now all of a sudden that region is mostly inhabited by "Bosniaks".

I'm not trying to bash the Catholic Malesors but it's just for Slavs to assimilate them because they share the same religion. It's the same with the Christian Albanians in Macedonia that were eventually assimilated. Muslim Albanians in Kosova and Macedonia never assimilated to be a slav despite the relentless pressure and aggression from Yugoslav authorities to assimilate them. They never bought into that Yugoslav ideology that the other ethnic groups were sold into. But that being said it's also similar to how Turkey was able to assimilate so many Muslim Albanians over the years (but that situation is a bit different).

In the Balkans religion plays a big part in history and identity.
artan

As for the Sanjak the Albanian population there hasn't been relevant for the past 100 years. Mass deportation of Albanians and other muslims to Turkey over the past 200 years have weakened the Albanian population there. Then I read that there's been many intermarriages between Albanians and the Slavic Muslims there which eventually led to Albanians losing their identity and simply identifying as Bosniaks. Few generations later they probably only spoke Serbian, lost all their Albanian identity since the older generation with knowledge of Albanian customs died off and boom you pretty much create a muslim population that speaks Serbian and pretty much considers themselves slavic muslims. With no Albanian institutions at the time, no Albanian state and forgetting the language/customs/identity it was going to happen.

It goes to show how strong government institutions are in assimilating people. Look at Turkey which are investing in many schools in the Balkans. Their money triumphs over the weak institutions of the Balkan countries and all of a sudden you get blonde haired kids identifying as Turks lol.

Edit: I also want to say it's sad because you have faggots like Adem Ljajic throwing the three fingers after scoring against Albania when he's probably half Albanian himself and that half his ancestors were probably deported by the same country he's representing.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 amlmao I can't believe the reading comprehension of some of you guys.
Dude you posted a video with zero context and 100% in Serbian and you're bashing us for not getting it :zgerdhimje:

I get that the second part was an Albanian making fun of Djukanovic but how are we supposed to understand the context. Now that it's a bit clearer I don't understand what is wrong with him speaking Serbian in Montenegro. That would be the same like Rama going to Dropull and speaking Albanian in a Greek home :)
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:40 am I'm not trying to bash the Catholic Malesors but it's just for Slavs to assimilate them because they share the same religion. It's the same with the Christian Albanians in Macedonia that were eventually assimilated. Muslim Albanians in Kosova and Macedonia never assimilated to be a slav despite the relentless pressure and aggression from Yugoslav authorities to assimilate them. They never bought into that Yugoslav ideology that the other ethnic groups were sold into. But that being said it's also similar to how Turkey was able to assimilate so many Muslim Albanians over the years (but that situation is a bit different).

In the Balkans religion plays a big part in history and identity.
Montenegro is a bit different from Kosova and Macedonia. The Catholics do not share the same religion as the Montenegrins who are Orthodox Christians and are some of the most patriotic Albanians you see in the diaspora, along with Albanians from Kosova. I went to a wedding at Zoja e Shkodres in NY and the malesors had brought in Albanian flags to the wedding. The Moslems in Plave/Guci have been thoroughly assimilated and no longer speak the language. In any event, it's pointless to point fingers at people who have suffered at the hands of the Montenegrins who by far are the worst of all the Slavs in my opinion.
  • Information