Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 pm

More and more the news comes out the more I realise no one in the world gives a crap about us
There has been tons of help from other countries so lets not overreact.

Doing the bare minimum, just compare this to other disasters or events like when that Notre Dame church got burnt down and within 24 hours the whole world had donated . Kosove who’s the poorest nation has done more than places like the UK or France
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:42 pm
Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 pm

More and more the news comes out the more I realise no one in the world gives a crap about us
There has been tons of help from other countries so lets not overreact.

Doing the bare minimum, just compare this to other disasters or events like when that Notre Dame church got burnt down and within 24 hours the whole world had donated . Kosove who’s the poorest nation has done more than places like the UK or France
I would never expect anything from UK , France, Spain , Germany, Belgium, Netherland.... Even the US , who might be our main foreign ally hasn’t done anything considering their power and the military they have in the region . Kosova, Italy, Greece , Croatia , Romania, Macedonia and even few units from Serbia are working there. I’m quite sure if we had a “Civil protection unit” like the one in Italy (totalisht Force vullnetare qe cdo 6 muaj ben kurse trajnimi per mbrojtjen nga fatkeqesite natyrore dhe gjetjen-shpetimin e njerzve ) many lives would’ve been saved . Still they’re doing a lot , great help from Kosova and the neighbours. Now i hope the government acts with priority to rebuild people’s houses and repair the ones at risk. The Hotels and business structures at max should have affordable loans from banks to rebuild but people’s homes are absolute priority. Italy has so far sent 200 people of civil protection units plus doctors , fire fighters , the costal guard and two helicopters with “xhenio” army units. Even Romania sent a team of 50+ specialized army “xhenio” units. Even though no lives were lost at notre dam cathedral when something happens in countries that have control in news/lobbies “industry” all over the world the sensibilization is different. I’m just wondering if France would give back the 100k € Eddy Rama gifted for the Cathedral in Paris. Some times you better value your real friends and act accordingly to your interests. Few days ago our flag and the French one were the only ones put halfway at Nato because of the french soldiers killed in Mali ( the ones France sends there to “spread” democracy) .

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Urime fellas
Dallku

You can't compare it to the Notre Dame because it's a different situation. People will usually donate to causes they are attached to. Notre Dame is a cultural/religious monument and Christians all over the world felt the need to donate for its restoration. With Albania you should expect its neighbors to help(because they have deals to do so) and they did like Simboli said. They helped with things that Albania needed the most like expert firefighters, helicopters, etc. You can't ask for more. That would be unrealistic and borderline ungrateful.

People did exaggerate with the donations of clothes/food and that's why Rama went on social media pleading people to stop donating that as they far exceeded the need. All that's left now is to gather money and build houses for people who are left without home. I'm not sure how many are left homeless but the money is looking good. American-Albos alone have raised millions of dollars. Only issue is that you're never too sure where that money is gonna go.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 pm

You can't compare it to the Notre Dame because it's a different situation. People will usually donate to causes they are attached to. Notre Dame is a cultural/religious monument and Christians all over the world felt the need to donate for its restoration. With Albania you should expect its neighbors to help(because they have deals to do so) and they did like Simboli said. They helped with things that Albania needed the most like expert firefighters, helicopters, etc. You can't ask for more. That would be unrealistic and borderline ungrateful.

People did exaggerate with the donations of clothes/food and that's why Rama went on social media pleading people to stop donating that as they far exceeded the need. All that's left now is to gather money and build houses for people who are left without home. I'm not sure how many are left homeless but the money is looking good. American-Albos alone have raised millions of dollars. Only issue is that you're never too sure where that money is gonna go.

The money thing semi scares me because us and corruption go hand in hand , I beg it goes to the right people but if it doesn’t then those who steal it zoti will remember
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Marin Mema has started a donation group on Facebook (you need an account though). He's an honest dude.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

PISA test 2018 results for 15 years old students. Both Albania and Kosovo ranking below average with the last one way down . Albania’s school teaching system has downgraded horribly during last decades . You can’t just sub the good public schools systems with private ones . We should take the Baltic countries as an example , they’ve had the same education programs like us and evolved into an hybrid free education with exceeding results that’s way above even the other european developed countries .

https://www.oecd.org/pisa/Combined_Exec ... A_2018.pdf
artan

^^
Everything is broken in Albania. Just look at all these new buildings falling down like jenga blocks after the earthquake. Everything built with out regulation and oversight. Corruption is in every aspect of Albanian society.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:57 pm ^^
Everything is broken in Albania. Just look at all these new buildings falling down like jenga blocks after the earthquake. Everything built with out regulation and oversight. Corruption is in every aspect of Albanian society.
Tbh, when you take a look at places like New York where buildings are joined together, Tirana is a paradise.

Let's not forget Albania is like the worst place for seismic activities in Europe.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information