Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Conor McGregor

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Also that underdog narrative is nonsense.

Where were all these people who love the underdog when Mayweather was fighting Robert Guerrero or Andre Berto?
Pjetër

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 am

Damn Floyd is such a stand up guy to help out the business he gave the lad a couple rounds to make him look good.

Michigan legend Floyd Mayweather 50-0
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 am

The match according to Panorama Sport

That Mek Gregori was never going to beat Mejuedhër
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm That's literally how boxing has worked forever. Mexicans root for Mexicans, Englishmen root for Englishmen, etc.

You would think that Americans would root for their own guy over a foreigner.

All you need to do is search "great white hope" and you'll see what I mean.
America, unlike every country in the world is not a country based on an ethnicity but on an ideal.
Pjetër

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Plako wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:02 pm
Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm That's literally how boxing has worked forever. Mexicans root for Mexicans, Englishmen root for Englishmen, etc.

You would think that Americans would root for their own guy over a foreigner.

All you need to do is search "great white hope" and you'll see what I mean.
America, unlike every country in the world is not a country based on an ethnicity but on an ideal.
I used Mexico as an example right in that quote for christ's sake. Mexico is not a country based on an ethnicity and yet they support their fighters against foreigners.

It doesn't matter if he looks like this:

Or this:

Or even this:

Mexicans always support their countryman even if he doesn't necessarily look like the typical Mexican.
Pjetër

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 am The match according to Panorama Sport

I always found the need for Balkan countries to transliterate (I think that's the word for it :D ) people's names to be really weird. Are there are other countries that do this type of stuff?
Plako

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:02 am

Pjetër wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 pm I used Mexico as an example right in that quote for christ's sake. Mexico is not a country based on an ethnicity and yet they support their fighters against foreigners.

It doesn't matter if he looks like this:

Or this:

Or even this:

Mexicans always support their countryman even if he doesn't necessarily look like the typical Mexican.
Can't really compare the U.S. and Mexico. Most of the migration in Mexico happened over a century ago and people have been thoroughly assimilated.

Also Americans are extremely racist so obviously race plays a role here. Case in point is your example: a redhaired Mexican, a native Mexican and a black Mexican are all considered Mexican. Whereas, a black American is considered an "African-American"
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:00 am

Pjetër wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:37 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 am The match according to Panorama Sport

I always found the need for Balkan countries to transliterate (I think that's the word for it :D ) people's names to be really weird. Are there are other countries that do this type of stuff?
Japan is notorious for this shit, but at least they have certain rules they follow. In Albanian, it's all up to the discretion of the writer so it becomes ej xhajent mes.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:00 am Japan is notorious for this shit, but at least they have certain rules they follow. In Albanian, it's all up to the discretion of the writer so it becomes ej xhajent mes.
Edhe ne kemi rregulla po i vune komunistet dhe si cdo gje qe bene ata s'duhen perdorur me :)
  • Information