Majlinda Kelmendi - The Albanian SuperWoman

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Majlinda Kelmendi regained her European title in Kazan. The Albanian super woman defeated French Olympic medallist Priscilla Gneto in the final by ippon. In the semi final she defeated French most likely Olympian in this weight class Annabelle Euranie.

Kelmendi started with two victories against Oleksandra Starkova (UKR) and Roni Schwartz (ISR), but her first opponent were the Russian authorities who didn’t wanted her to start under the flag of Kosovo. In the latest moment in this morning the authorities gave permission to start with the whole Kosova team where also Nora Gjakova took bronze U57kg.

The bronze was captured by Yulia Ryzhova of Russia loudly appreciated by the home crowd. She defeated Annabelle Euranie in her last bout. Ryshova lost to Chitu in the pool, but Chitu lost the semi final against Gneto. Chitu won the bronze but wasn’t too happy with that performance after her gold medal at the European Games last year. No re-match against Kelmendi this time but bronze against Evelyne Tschopp who overcame Odette Giuffrida of Italy in her second match, one of the few surprises in this category.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Blue and yellow?
Simboli i Diellit

Pjetër wrote:Blue and yellow?
Not just blue and yellow , there are no more eagles like the albanian flag or the serb pidgeon but there are stars like the European flag !
Pjetër

So then instead of doing the eagle with her hand does she hold up six fingers?
Skenderbeu9

Will she be at Rio with Albania I've seen some photos of her competing for us
Simboli i Diellit

Pjetër wrote:So then instead of doing the eagle with her hand does she hold up six fingers?
Six finger for hand ;) We share more genetics with her than with the rest of Albanians from Albania so just be proud of your distant cousin :P

During Skenderbeg times you had albanians fighting for different princes and everyone had an own flag , why does it bother you the ikea flag? It's just a flag as long as they say they're albanians .
Pjetër

It doesn't bother me.
Migjeni
Been thanked: 0

Really happy for her. She's very talented and hasn't gotten a lot of support by our governments. Other countries tried to pay her to represent them and offered her quite a lot of money to do so, but she chose to stay.

Congrats, Majlinda, na zbardhe fytyren.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
  • Information