Albanian National Basketball Team

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Jari wrote:Can I ask something?Why everybody keeps calling Kosovo,"Kosova" ? I have no idea literally,I don't live to Albania and barely have been there.Here where I live,Slovenia,people refer to them as Kosovo (when they mention it).
Principle. Kosova is the albanian version of the country while calling it Kosovo which is sllavic and looks like they have it or that we agree that's theirs.
Jari
Has thanked: 0

But isn't this the truth?I try to find information on the internet about that topic and it says that Kosovo is a Slavic land,in which the first Serbian kingdom was created.After the battle of 1389,between Serbs and the Ottoman Empire,Turks won and they moved Albanians in this area. :skuptoj: :skuptoj: :skuptoj:
Simboli i Diellit

That's quite a complicated topic . Almost all of Kosova albanians origin from Northern Albania althrough many of them don't admit it . The Albanian ethnogenesis was in northern albania but northern Albania didn't have todays borders. Peje, Gjakove, Prizren were always areas where the albanian were majority . In the east part of Kosova albanians were minority. We will call it whatever we want as long as we poped out here before the shkja ;)
Jari

I am aware that it is mostly populated my Albanians,but what I want to learn is to whom the territory belongs,historically.I didn't have enough knowledge for Albania growing as a kid,so many topics that you guys know better are quite new to me.
Pjetër

Lol this whole time I thought Jari was an Albanian guy living in Slovenia.

And that Israel scoreline. Yikes. :cry:

Still excited for the qualifiers though :flag:
Plako
Team: Partizani

Am beginning to think Jari is a sock account :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlMadman
Been thanked: 0

Jari wrote:I am aware that it is mostly populated my Albanians,but what I want to learn is to whom the territory belongs,historically.I didn't have enough knowledge for Albania growing as a kid,so many topics that you guys know better are quite new to me.
To the people that live on it.
Plako
Team: Partizani

MadMan wrote:
Jari wrote:I am aware that it is mostly populated my Albanians,but what I want to learn is to whom the territory belongs,historically.I didn't have enough knowledge for Albania growing as a kid,so many topics that you guys know better are quite new to me.
To the people that live on it.

Such a simple concept yet people have such a hard time grasping it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vata10
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote:That's quite a complicated topic . Almost all of Kosova albanians origin from Northern Albania althrough many of them don't admit it . The Albanian ethnogenesis was in northern albania but northern Albania didn't have todays borders. Peje, Gjakove, Prizren were always areas where the albanian were majority . In the east part of Kosova albanians were minority. We will call it whatever we want as long as we poped out here before the shkja ;)
How is this possible? Prej 12 fiseve te dalin rreth 2 milion Kosovar. That's about 2/3 of RA population. Teza e Serbeve eshte qe Shiptaret kan emigru ne Kosove gjate shekujve 17-18, e pershtatin me eksodin e popullates ortodokso-katolike(serbe sipas tyre). Impossible for a population to grow so fast in Kosove , kur kusherinjet e tyne ne Shqiperine veriore kan pasur rritje normale. Then if such a big population would've moved to Kosove it must have been recorded somewhere else too and not just in Serbian myths.
Simboli i Diellit

vata10 wrote:
Simboli i Diellit wrote:That's quite a complicated topic . Almost all of Kosova albanians origin from Northern Albania althrough many of them don't admit it . The Albanian ethnogenesis was in northern albania but northern Albania didn't have todays borders. Peje, Gjakove, Prizren were always areas where the albanian were majority . In the east part of Kosova albanians were minority. We will call it whatever we want as long as we poped out here before the shkja ;)
How is this possible? Prej 12 fiseve te dalin rreth 2 milion Kosovar. That's about 2/3 of RA population. Teza e Serbeve eshte qe Shiptaret kan emigru ne Kosove gjate shekujve 17-18, e pershtatin me eksodin e popullates ortodokso-katolike(serbe sipas tyre). Impossible for a population to grow so fast in Kosove , kur kusherinjet e tyne ne Shqiperine veriore kan pasur rritje normale. Then if such a big population would've moved to Kosove it must have been recorded somewhere else too and not just in Serbian myths.

Nuk jane vetem 12 klanet e kanunit se ato jane baza . Po te kesh parasysh se cdo Klan perbehet nga lokalitete

Prsh : Kelmendi edhe pse fillimisht nje klan ndahet ne zona e prsh njera nga zonat eshte Vukeli . Vukelin e banojne Mehalle te ndryshme . Mehalla perbehet nga fise te ndryshme me me lidhje fisnore deri ne 7 brez .

Ne 1700 popullsia e gjithe Shqiperise duke perfshu jugun ishte rreth 300 mije ndersa e Kosoves rreth 200 mije. Ti ki parasysh se prej ne 1923 deri ne 1990 popullsia e Shqiperise asht katerfishu .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... of_Albania

You should read this book by Robert Elsie about the tribes of Albania : https://books.google.it/books?id=i2IpDA ... on&f=false

Ki parasysh se te libri i numron me familje e jo me banor fiset. Nje familje ka pase edhe mbi 20 fryme. Nje mehalle ka 6-7 fise , cdo fis ka gati ose me shume se 100 fryme. Ne nje klan gjen 5 deri ne 10 mehalle . Me llogaritje te thjesht 12 klanet jane gati 100 mije fryme. Po sikurse thash 12 klanet kane qene baza , ato me te fortet po ka pase edhe shume te tjere. Sikur ti shofesh nga ana antropologjike nje Gjakovar e nje Mirditor jane njelloj edhe pse ne mes eshte Kukesi se jane spostu ktej e andej (origjinalisht Mirditoret jane nga Kosova) . E njajta gja me Pejanet , Rugovasit me te Malesise se Madhe , Gucise, Pazarit te Ri e Sanxhakut ne pergjithesi.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berisha ... C_1918.jpg

The map isn't extended as it contains only the Bajraks .

Albanian ethnogenesis could've taken part in the early 900 ad from tribes who came from souther Bosnia , today's Serbia and Kosove. There are many sources of tribes moving south because of slavics moving in the area . The process didn't happen in one night span it might have taken one or two hundried years... after the ethnogenesis there are many sources of northern albanians populating south and even far in Greece (before the Arvanitiki) .
  • Information