Albanian National Basketball Team

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote:
Pjetër wrote:What improvements can be made?
Probably a professional league to start.. Without that no players will be developed and the NT will rely on any male who is over 6'5 in the country despite if he knows what basketball is or not.
That would require tremendous effort and a lot money. I think calling up rejects of another country would be way more efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: That would require tremendous effort and a lot money. I think calling up rejects of another country would be way more efficient.
That's what we're doing now in football
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Plako wrote: That would require tremendous effort and a lot money. I think calling up rejects of another country would be way more efficient.
That's what we're doing now in football

Exactly my point. We have to find our basketball version of "Switzerland" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

He seems good. Not many high level talents in basket nationwide though. Hope he succeeds !
Simboli i Diellit

We just got two Brasilians and an american. Only if we could do the same in football :mrgreen:
Simboli i Diellit

Tomorrow finally they’ll sign the one league agreement between Albania and Kosovo . The league will consist of 8 teams, 4 from each country and it will be named “ Liga Unike” . Hopefully we’ll see more supporters of this sport in Albania aswell because Kosovo is light years ahead in basket.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:26 pm Tomorrow finally they’ll sign the one league agreement between Albania and Kosovo . The league will consist of 8 teams, 4 from each country and it will be named “ Liga Unike” . Hopefully we’ll see more supporters of this sport in Albania aswell because Kosovo is light years ahead in basket.
This is super interesting and should be good for basketball as there's simply a lack of "professional" teams in both countries (more so Albania). I also hope we use this as a case study for possible integrations of our football league such as a national cup between Albania and Kosova which should drive up revenue and interest in a competition no one cares about.
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:26 pm Tomorrow finally they’ll sign the one league agreement between Albania and Kosovo . The league will consist of 8 teams, 4 from each country and it will be named “ Liga Unike” . Hopefully we’ll see more supporters of this sport in Albania aswell because Kosovo is light years ahead in basket.
Oh man my dream coming true :flag:

Is there a list of teams? What happens with the rest of the teams?
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Oh man my dream coming true :flag:

Is there a list of teams? What happens with the rest of the teams?
No info has come out yet about how thing will be done but i guess the rest of the teams in both countries will play the local Superleague. This will raise the level and maybe the winner in few years might get to EUROLEAGUE playoffs .
  • Information