Albanian National Basketball Team

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

how does one go about actually finding up to date information about the national basketball team? the wikipedia page has not been updated in ages. i do not even know who is on the team or when their next match is.
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania
Been thanked: 0

I have some of the basket national team players on facebook . They didn't take part in any competition last 4 years because the FA doesn't have the funds to travel and accomodate the players. By next year there will be elections and hopefully Kuqo runs for president. Our only hope remains importing players from Kosova into the main team just like in football :)
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Its kind of sad that FYROM has a better basketball team than us. Considering how basketball as a sport is growing in Albania, my hope is that we can grow some young talent for the future and hopefully have some updated info about the actual team.
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania

Genti wrote:Its kind of sad that FYROM has a better basketball team than us. Considering how basketball as a sport is growing in Albania, my hope is that we can grow some young talent for the future and hopefully have some updated info about the actual team.
Formally we have no basketball team right now. Only two decent leagues with the Kosova Basket league being slighty better than ours. Was lurking on the european basket association and Albania was deleted from the map. There are countries like San Marino and Malta there but our FA justified themselfes that there is no point in taking part in qualifiers because we always end up last lol. How do they think basket will improve? Just by becoming suddenly strong and surpisingly winning Evert game? :lol:
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
Skenderbeu9

Plako
Team: Partizani

Skenderbeu9 wrote:So l just saw this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBaske ... lification

Interesting :gezuar: :gezuar:

Those qualifiers will be interesting glad to see Kosova take place.
Pjetër

Where can I find an accurate roster for this team?
Migjeni

Wow, Albania has a Serb playing for the basketball NT.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Migjeni wrote:Wow, Albania has a Serb playing for the basketball NT.
Never knew that and never saw him . Someone just put him on Wikipedia and the page has been edited like 20 times last week only. Probably just a troll-!

EDIT : Just checked it out and neither on FIBA EU nor the Albanian Basket Federation website has him so it's 100% a troll attempt.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/compID_qMRZdY ... D_232.html
Migjeni

Yeah, thought it might be something like that, but it seems that players change nations like socks in basketball.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
  • Information