Albanian Volleyball National Team

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania
Been thanked: 0

Many of my generation albanians don't know that there was a time that the albanian volleyball had a golden era . Teams like Dinamo Tirana, Studenti, Partizani ect used to be very competitive in Europe. Dinamo volley for women was even in the finals of top 10 European teams or modern Volley Champions league.

The volleyball federation was founded on 2nd of September 1945

There are actually 27 Clubs with a total of 74 teams. 1110 players practice Volleyball in Albania.

BEST NATIONAL TEAM PLACINGS

World Championships Men: 16th in 1962
European Championships Men: 10th in 1955
European Championships Women: 9th in 1991
Mediterranean Games Women: Champions 1987

NATIONAL LEAGUES:
Senior Men League: 8 teams
Senior Women League: 9 teams
Junior Men League: 11 teams
Junior Women League: 18 teams
Youth Boys League: 10 teams
Youth Girls League: 18 teams
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I've given no love this thread before, but Simboli, what do you think about Donald Suxho getting involved in helping Albanian volleyball? I saw he played with Studenti in summer of 2014 for the european tournament (no idea how they ended up actually doing).
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

NYVirus wrote:I've given no love this thread before, but Simboli, what do you think about Donald Suxho getting involved in helping Albanian volleyball? I saw he played with Studenti in summer of 2014 for the european tournament (no idea how they ended up actually doing).
Suxho has lots of experience and obviously he could improve on the professional side because actual Volleyball quality in Albania is very low. I probably could play in one of the best teams in albanian league (probably**). Last month a school team from China beat our league female champions :| There are 4-5 albanian man volleyball players in Serie B here in Italy and few others in nordic countries who can make up a decent NT. Also i know Ariola Prenga from Rreshen (Lezhe) who's the best albanian volley player to come out our domestic league this last decade , spoke to her few times and she is optimistic about our female nt future also. Her sister plays Volleyball but in Kosove , she's the league's best player. Ariola on the other side is captain of her club in Norway (one of the best leagues in the world cause nordics are tall ). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsrWG3 ... 05w/videos
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Simboli i Diellit

Never met him but i've heard about him. That's good thing getting a pro contract in US [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Skenderbeu9

I am not aware of the popularity and crowd attendance of volleyball at Albania or USA (l know that has some popularity at Italy) but l don't think u have seen anything like this at a volleyball game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3htsUmY1s

Last years championship final PAOK -Olympiacos

PAOK's current middle blocker is USA captain David Lee
Simboli i Diellit

Skenderbeu9 wrote:I am not aware of the popularity and crowd attendance of volleyball at Albania or USA (l know that has some popularity at Italy) but l don't think u have seen anything like this at a volleyball game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3htsUmY1s

Last years championship final PAOK -Olympiacos

PAOK's current middle blocker is USA captain David Lee
In Albania when the national team plays you barely get 100 fans . The fa decided not to take part in qualifiers because we didn't have results. Once we had our teams beating Russian and European champions costantly . In Italy it's hard to find even football fans who cheer like PAOK fans.

Btw watch this story :

jiIy7Tu7His
Simboli i Diellit

We lost to Bulgaria today 3:0 . Second defeat in row after loosing to MKD few days ago: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/alban ... lmatch-len
Simboli i Diellit

Kosova got accepted to FIVB . Few players will switch from Albania in this case too.
Simboli i Diellit

Our Volleyball has been rising lately with all the talents comming from abroad. Our team in women's group has 2 wins against Austria/Belaruss and 2 loss against Finland. While men's qualifiers just started with a win against Sweden :

https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/1706 ... edenfm-len

Tonight at the same website it will show our guys play against Macedonia.

https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream ... edonia-len

The women will play today at 17:00 against Belaruss in Minsk.
  • Information