Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Conor McGregor

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Zero
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:18 pm

What do you think about this match? I personally think that Mayweather is going to win..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Maybe Lebron will face Barcelona next
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:21 pm Maybe Lebron will face Barcelona next
Mcgregor is only a +350 underdog loooool
Pjetër

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 pm

McGregor's odds are getting better because so many people are betting on him that the oddsmakers need to adjust them otherwise they would lose their ass if the unthinkable happens. McGregor still has no chance of winning and this fight is a sham and disgrace...

Thank god I have tibo because supersport shows all these fights for free. I'm def gonna be watching this freakshow fight.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Princ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm Mcgregor is only a +350 underdog loooool
Cause of all the Irish drunkards betting on him :)

He'll have huge support during the fight too.
Pjetër

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 am

On SC they were talking about 93% of bets came in for McGregor :lol: :lol: :lol: That great white hope shit is powerful.

Gotta love Americans. They can't bring themselves to root for a black guy even though he is one of their own and one of the all time greats in the ring but instead they root for the foreign guy because he is white.

True patriots. :zgerdhimje:
artan

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 am On SC they were talking about 93% of bets came in for McGregor :lol: :lol: :lol: That great white hope shit is powerful.

Gotta love Americans. They can't bring themselves to root for a black guy even though he is one of their own and one of the all time greats in the ring but instead they root for the foreign guy because he is white.

Lets be real. Mayweather is a grade A scumbag who beats his wife in front of his kids. He's just not a good person, as simple as that. Say what you want about McGregor but atleast he's not a criminal.

As for the bets, everyone with some basic knowledge of the sport knows that Mayweather has a 95% chance of winning. People are rooting for McGregor (Who's never boxed before) because he's the ultimate underdog taking on potentially the GOAT boxer. People like underdog stories.. I also think the media is pushing up this narrative that McGregor has a chance to make the fight more marketable.

As for me I couldn't care less for Mayweather or any other American boxer/figure. I'm supposed to root for Mayweather because he's American?
Plako
Team: Partizani

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Pjetër wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 amGotta love Americans. They can't bring themselves to root for a black guy even though he is one of their own and one of the all time greats in the ring but instead they root for the foreign guy because he is white.

C'mon dude those bets are most likely from his Irish supporters and to win any decent money from a fight like this you need to pick the underdog. Also it's all part of the hype. You could have one guy betting $100k on Maywether to win $20k and you could have 100 people betting $50/each for McGregor to win that same $20k in total.

Also Mayweather is not a likeable guy at all it's got nothing to with with race.
Pjetër

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:20 pm

McGregor is out there calling black people monkeys but apparently it's not about race. Ok
Pjetër

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm

artan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 pm As for me I couldn't care less for Mayweather or any other American boxer/figure. I'm supposed to root for Mayweather because he's American?
That's literally how boxing has worked forever. Mexicans root for Mexicans, Englishmen root for Englishmen, etc.

You would think that Americans would root for their own guy over a foreigner.

All you need to do is search "great white hope" and you'll see what I mean.
  • Information