Forum improvements and suggestions!

Important: the rules and the announcements of our Community

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Thanks, that was the problem, I wasn't selecting "type". :mrgreen:

I thought I should try to be original, so I put up my classic avatar.
Dallku

Simboli what do you think of making the forum private?
Admin
Site Admin
Team: Albania
Been thanked: 0

Dallku wrote:Simboli what do you think of making the forum private?
I made a private section for only registered users at the bottom of this forum . It isn't convenient having it all private cause it would die but if there is need to talk in all privacy out-topic stuff then the bodrum area can be used.
Edhe nana kur lind fmi
Si do për vete po për Shqipni ...
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Will be using this account from now on and will let the Admin one only for announcements purposes . Also would like to add people in the moderators group . My initial idea was having Madman and Doc as moderators + another one . Express your thoughts about it.

Simboli
Shpati

Dragoi wrote:Will be using this account from now on and will let the Admin one only for announcements purposes . Also would like to add people in the moderators group . My initial idea was having Madman and Doc as moderators + another one . Express your thoughts about it.

Simboli
I thought Simboli in red looked dope.

Isn't going to get annoying switching between your admin account and posting account?
Simboli i Diellit

Shpati wrote:
Dragoi wrote:Will be using this account from now on and will let the Admin one only for announcements purposes . Also would like to add people in the moderators group . My initial idea was having Madman and Doc as moderators + another one . Express your thoughts about it.

Simboli
I thought Simboli in red looked dope.

Isn't going to get annoying switching between your admin account and posting account?
I will use only this account. The other one will be used only while developing the forum and eventual extentions and won't need to switch . I like to be equal , comunist principles :mrgreen:

also the most important:
It's a common additional security issue for forums . This way i can login anywhere in any browser and won't compromise forum security ;)
Dallku

You guys don't think that there are too many sections/threads?? IMO quality over quantity would increase traffic and interest. For example right now there are 3 different areas where you can post about Alb players. 1) Only Albania ( Albanian Players in Europe thread) 2) Albanian Players 3) Youth football & Talents. It could probably work if we had 300+ members lol but right now maybe it's better to put things together in a fewer threads like on XT.
Simboli i Diellit

It makes sense. Was thinking the same about the international football. Having a general thread or just one section and once there is enough content we can reorder them in sections. What do you think?
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

I like it the way it is because it's easier to find specific threads.
Shpati

Dallku wrote:You guys don't think that there are too many sections/threads?? IMO quality over quantity would increase traffic and interest. For example right now there are 3 different areas where you can post about Alb players. 1) Only Albania ( Albanian Players in Europe thread) 2) Albanian Players 3) Youth football & Talents. It could probably work if we had 300+ members lol but right now maybe it's better to put things together in a fewer threads like on XT.
Yes, I agree. Less is more.

The way I would do it, is like this:

Reception
- Forum Rules
- Let the good times roll

Football
- Only Albania
-- We can make a general thread ("Albanians Abroad") for Albanian players, and separate ones for bigger names if needed. It will keep the section active when the NT isn't playing.
-- Also a thread for the youth team
- Superliga
- International Football
-- We can make threads for certain leagues, certain teams, tournaments

Not sure where "other sports" should go though.

Just my opinion of course. But in my experience with forums, less is more because users are lazy to take the extra clicks. :) And I tend to be simplistic.
  • Information