"Albanians" playing for other NTs

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Are you people for real? I didn't give two shits about them. In fact I was hoping they would flop, especially Januzaj who got his first official cap in World Cup. #golddigger

It's also ironic every single of one these "Albanians" is deeply religious. Not gonna name the religion.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: It's also ironic every single of one these "Albanians" is deeply religious. Not gonna name the religion.
Well yea, Belgium , Swiss and Germans were part of the crusades ... shouldn't speak about that though cause i'm inside cathedral right now :/

Ps. Switzerland's flag is a cross !?
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Are you people for real? I didn't give two shits about them. In fact I was hoping they would flop, especially Januzaj who got his first official cap in World Cup. #golddigger

It's also ironic every single of one these "Albanians" is deeply religious. Not gonna name the religion.

Do you wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat because of religion? All your posts are about religion and specifically Islam it seems. For an apparent atheist you seem very obsessed with religion.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Are you people for real? I didn't give two shits about them. In fact I was hoping they would flop, especially Januzaj who got his first official cap in World Cup. #golddigger

Unlike you most of us don't obsess over their religious views. The only who are overly religious by Albanian standards are Mavraj and Lila I think. I don't like overly religious people either but I don't obsess about them.
artan wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Do you wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat because of religion? All your posts are about religion and specifically Islam it seems. For an apparent atheist you seem very obsessed with religion.
Well atheists do obsess over religion. If you are familiar with the most notable modern day atheists like Dawkins and Hitchens, they have any unhealthy obsession over religion. Also, for a lot of Albanians from Albania religious zeal is frowned upon and in Owner case it is mainly focused towards Islam since in the NT we only see religious Moslems openly display their religion. Those actions are alien to most of us who were in born in communist Albania.
artan

Plako wrote:

Unlike you most of us don't obsess over their religious views. The only who are overly religious by Albanian standards are Mavraj and Lila I think. I don't like overly religious people either but I don't obsess about them.
artan wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Do you wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat because of religion? All your posts are about religion and specifically Islam it seems. For an apparent atheist you seem very obsessed with religion.
Well atheists do obsess over religion. If you are familiar with the most notable modern day atheists like Dawkins and Hitchens, they have any unhealthy obsession over religion. Also, for a lot of Albanians from Albania religious zeal is frowned upon and in Owner case it is mainly focused towards Islam since in the NT we only see religious Moslems openly display their religion. Those actions are alien to most of us who were in born in communist Albania.
I understand that but I don't see other posters posting about religion in every thread. Just him...
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote:
Plako wrote:I understand that but I don't see other posters posting about religion in every thread. Just him...
It could be that his background is Easter Orthodox Christian so he feels somewhat "threatened" by the zealousness of some Albanians in their religious pursue of Islam. Historically in RA the Orthodox Christians and Bektashi moslems have been the least religious so this revival in Sunni Islam can be disconcerting to some, in the same vein that the usurping of the Orthodox Church by a Greek priest.has been disconcerting to a lot of Moslems Albanians.

You have to bear in mind that in RA the religious split was 50% Sunni, 20% Bektashi, 20% Orthodox and 10% Catholic (although this is data from almost 80 years ago) and with Albanians in Kosova and Macedonia being overwhelmingly Moslem, those percentages for the Christians among the overall Albanian population in the Balkans go down significantly.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

He brings a good point. If Mavraj, played for Germany, I doubt he would express his religion on the field. These Albanians playing for other NTs might want to do the same thing, but won't.

As far as our religion goes, please keep it out of this thread. Feel free to use the Free Your Mind thread.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I'm not bringing religion as an off-topic matter. I'm saying a lot of people substitute religion for nationalism and it's happening with a lot of Kosovars, who get radicalized by middle easterns in Switzerland and Germany. Shaqiri and Mavraj before he joined us, probably felt they did their "duty" even without joining us.

I'm also legit convinced that some of these players are being sponsored by Saudi Arabia. Remember Mavraj advertising muslim apps on facebook?

P.S. I have both Christians and Muslims in my family, although non-practicing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
KF.KORAB
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blerim Xhemaili on loan to Genoa
KF.KORAB
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Januzaj on loan to Dortmund
  • Information