N. America Vs Europe

Seksioni në gjuhën Shqipe i forumit me tema nga më të ndryshmet . Zonë ku flitet veç Shqip ! "Gjuha dhe njerëzit janë tapia e vendit dhe gjuha ruhet atje ku flitet !"

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:03 am

Papagalli po hajde mer plak ne NYC, ketu i kemi të gjtihe dhe punojme nga 12-14 ore/dite :)

Boston = Racist San Francisco.

Dude you're 24, just take a chance and move to Geneva if given the opportunity. You're not gonna have those kind of opportunities once you settle down and have kids.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:38 am

Wait and see if Trampi makes America great again then decide where you want to live.
Papagalli
Been thanked: 0

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Plako wrote:Papagalli po hajde mer plak ne NYC, ketu i kemi të gjtihe dhe punojme nga 12-14 ore/dite :)

Boston = Racist San Francisco.

Dude you're 24, just take a chance and move to Geneva if given the opportunity. You're not gonna have those kind of opportunities once you settle down and have kids.
The lab in me would welcome this invitation with open arms, but the mass-hole in me would throw a fit!

Honestly, NYC gives people plenty of opportunity, but unless I made at least $400,000 a year, I would never move there. I think NYC is a great city if you want to have fun, but living there is a totally different game, couldn't coupe with the rush, I'm more laid back.

That's exactly my view too, i'd rather try something new now that I can rather than want to do so later when I'm already tied down thanks to other responsibilities. Geneva is hard to get in to, but if I don't get in there, I'll probably transfer to Munich or Frankfurt with my current company. If I could have this salary here in Europe (or maybe even more,) I'm all set!
Plako

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:28 pm

My advice is travel as much as you can until you settle down. Btw when I say NYC I mean one of the burbs not Manhattan. Manhattan is the playground of the rich and the influx of foreign money (Russia/China) has made it extremely unaffordable for people living off wages. A buddy of mine who went to college in Buffalo says that he lived in a better apt when he was a student there and worked part time than now in Manhattan. He's an attorney at a big law firm and makes about $250k'year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gti2r

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Dude, you are living in the best country in the world, stay away from Europe! This is coming from someone who lives in Norway. If you live in a European country and have a foreign ethnic background, you will face discrimination and have a hard time.
Plako

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Gti2r wrote:Dude, you are living in the best country in the world, stay away from Europe! This is coming from someone who lives in Norway. If you live in a European country and have a foreign ethnic background, you will face discrimination and have a hard time.

There is no such thing as the "best country" in the world. Living in the US has plenty of downsides but the country provides a great platform to make money if that's your thing. The quality of life is sacrificed here in favor of making money. That takes a toll on a lot of people.

Papagalli

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Plako wrote:
Gti2r wrote:Dude, you are living in the best country in the world, stay away from Europe! This is coming from someone who lives in Norway. If you live in a European country and have a foreign ethnic background, you will face discrimination and have a hard time.

There is no such thing as the "best country" in the world. Living in the US has plenty of downsides but the country provides a great platform to make money if that's your thing. The quality of life is sacrificed here in favor of making money. That takes a toll on a lot of people.

That's exactly what I tell people back home too. If you live in the state you can make a significant amount of money, but you barely get to enjoy it. The sacrifices are too great for making money. In the end if you're good at what you do, you can make money wherever you go. As for why USA is the best country in the world, i'm going to place this here; enjoy.

I don't think there's such a thing as a best country in the world, all countries offer something different as long as they're first world. Some like longer vacations others are workaholics. It really depends on what YOU value in life most. Too many people view US as a haven because they watch Hollywood. Those parties that get out of hand almost never happen, those beautiful houses with great garden are almost non existent (Unless you're Tom Brady,) and forget about trying to climb out of middle class thanks to uncle sam quadruple dipping in your pocket on a bi-weekly basis. Basically USA is not american pie, it's hard work, and and the pay off is decent, but so is the cost of living. pretty much like anywhere else you go in the world. As for retiring in US for millennials is a sure thing it won't happen on SS tax that we keep paying. Pretty sure everyone is is adding to their 401k in order to make sure they can die in peace, and don't even get me started on the healthcare system.

I was looking into purchasing a house, and basically I had to pay 20% of a house which cost $600,000 it was completely falling apart, hence investing in renovating it. I would buried in debt until the age of 50+, and approximately 80% my salary would go to the house if not more till the house was paid off. to make a long story short, I would have to work just so I could live in US. Yea, that sounds like the best place in the world to be in. Don't get me wrong there's other solutions to it as well, but why settle down now when I can go and try something new, wouldn't lose much. In fact I'd gain more experience, and possibly save approximately $80,000 in two years because I can get a free masters degree in Europe.

As for racism, look at who's running for president dude, that's not going away anytime soon, it's just how the world is set up. The one good thing about US is you can ignore it and surround yourself with people like you so you won't feel it, but it's still there.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Plako wrote:Manhattan is the playground of the rich and the influx of foreign money (Russia/China) has made it extremely unaffordable for people living off wages.
Same thing is happening in Canada. Housing prices are out of control due to foreign investors (mostly Chinese). Average house price in big cities like Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal is well over a million (and they're crap). On the one hand those who own houses are happy because their house values are going up, on the other it's becoming impossible to buy a decent place to live for those who don't own anything.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:59 pm

I know, Vancouver especially I've heard it's completely out of control.

artan

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:27 pm

If both of your family isn't living in the states and is in Europe then makes it much easier for you. I'm not gonna lie I get jealous when I hear about the work/life balance that many Europeans enjoy and the "simplicity" of their lives. I also don't think the US economy is as strong as many people think it is. Wages have stagnated for years, prices are rising, large percentage of the population is drowning in debt, most of the employment statistics are fabricated for political purposes, etc. The economy is much or more less the same but we pay slightly less taxes but get less social services, shitty public transport from the 19th century, crazy politicians, etc.

It seems like here in America it's all about being bigger, stronger, out working eachother, etc. I just laugh when I hear people brag how many hours they work in a week..
  • Information