Investing in Albania

Seksioni në gjuhën Shqipe i forumit me tema nga më të ndryshmet . Zonë ku flitet veç Shqip ! "Gjuha dhe njerëzit janë tapia e vendit dhe gjuha ruhet atje ku flitet !"

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Minotti
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:52 pm

At first I wanted to name the topic Saranda cause Im interested in buying an apartment in Saranda and wanted to ask you guys some questions. But than I thought we could perhaps keep this thread also for general questions regarding investing in Albania.

Anyway, I know a lot of people who have bought apartments in Saranda for about 20-33.000euro. Personally dont think its too expensive and have been thinking of buying one myself.

My questions:

Is it "safe" to own something in Saranda even if you're not going to be there most of the time?

Anyone know much or anything about the developement of Saranda? Ive been reading about the possibility of an airport which would surely be great but who knows if it will materialize.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:54 am

Saranda has a great night life, but the beaches are kinda shitty and slightly dirty since a lot of major cruisers from around the world pass and dock by there. But with a car there are other close by villages where you can go for a "decent" beach experience. Also, there are literally no public places in the beaches, so don't be surprised. You have to pay anywhere from 3-7 bucks per umbrella.

Real Estate is very tricky in Albania. If you were to invest in USA, Canada, Australia, Real Estate is like owning diamonds since it's regulated somewhat. Albania has 0 regulations. It's a mess. Owning an apartment in downtown Tirana is great, but any other place comes with a risk.

Lately, Saranda and environs have been completely flooded by Russians, Poles, and Italians. Literally in some places it doesn't even seem like you're like in Albania anymore. So it shouldn't be too risky to buy property. If you want it so you can rent it, that would be risky. That market is flooded. As for safety it seemed fine to me, but don't leave any valuables if you do do decide to buy an apartment, and have someone to check in for you.

As for transportation that airport is 50/50, but I heard they're going to be building a road straight from Tirana to the south soon, so you won't have to pass by "Qafa e Llogarase" or Gjirokaster (These are both terrifying passages. Worst part about getting there). IF that road happens, then that's a BIG plus for an investment.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Leandro

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:12 am

buy in greece for double the quality and half the price. you can thank me later
rrëfeni mëkatet tuaja: www.faltore.al
Plako
Team: Partizani

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Leandro wrote:buy in greece for double the quality and half the price. you can thank me later
First, properties at half the price don't believe exist in Greece unless you're in a god forsaken village.

Second, why the hell would an Albanian who has no connections whatsoever to Greece buy property there?
Plako

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Minotti wrote:At first I wanted to name the topic Saranda cause Im interested in buying an apartment in Saranda and wanted to ask you guys some questions. But than I thought we could perhaps keep this thread also for general questions regarding investing in Albania.

Anyway, I know a lot of people who have bought apartments in Saranda for about 20-33.000euro. Personally dont think its too expensive and have been thinking of buying one myself.

My questions:

Is it "safe" to own something in Saranda even if you're not going to be there most of the time?

Anyone know much or anything about the development of Saranda? Ive been reading about the possibility of an airport which would surely be great but who knows if it will materialize.
Saranda is definitely high on the list of cities that the government is giving a developmental priority. It is one of the spots that I plan on buying as well in the near future (have plenty of family there). I would recommend that you focus in and around Ksamil as opposed to the City proper. Ksamil beach is one of the best beaches in Albania and close to Butrint. i think it's a 15 min drive from Saranda too.

As for safety i think the city is probably one of the safest in Albania. If you were to buy I'd recommend you hook up with a local realtor to take care of it for a minimal fee and if you ever want to rent out on AirBnB.

The airport would be a huge boost too. If we had a semi-decent government not mired in corruption Saranda could turn in an absolute gem but most of the politicians are just a bunch of crooks so it'll never fulfill its potential.
Plako

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Minotti wrote:At first I wanted to name the topic Saranda cause Im interested in buying an apartment in Saranda and wanted to ask you guys some questions. But than I thought we could perhaps keep this thread also for general questions regarding investing in Albania.

My questions:

Anyone know much or anything about the development of Saranda? Ive been reading about the possibility of an airport which would surely be great but who knows if it will materialize.
Saranda is definitely high on the list of cities that the government is giving a developmental priority. It is one of the spots that I plan on buying as well in the near future (have plenty of family there). I would recommend that you focus in and around Ksamil as opposed to the City proper. Ksamil beach is one of the best beaches in Albania and close to Butrint. i think it's a 15 min drive from Saranda too.

As for safety i think the city is probably one of the safest in Albania. If you were to buy I'd recommend you hook up with a local realtor to take care of it for a minimal fee and if you ever want to rent out on AirBnB.

The airport would be a huge boost too. If we had a semi-decent government not mired in corruption Saranda could turn in an absolute gem but most of the politicians are just a bunch of crooks so it'll never fulfill its potential.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Ksamil is nothing special imo. The view of the sea is really good, but the beaches are overcrowded and the town is dirty as f***. Sometimes, there are literally no sidewalks to walk on.

But if you're driving there from Sarande every day, I guess it's better.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 am

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Ksamil is nothing special imo. The view of the sea is really good, but the beaches are overcrowded and the town is dirty as f***. Sometimes, there are literally no sidewalks to walk on.

But if you're driving there from Sarande every day, I guess it's better.
Depends when you go though. August is absolute madness but the rest of the Summer months are ok.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:16 am

Usually all of us go back to Albania during August. I saw prices in Montenegro, i would rather buy properties there than in Albania.
Papagalli

Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 pm

You buy property where you live, that way you can manage it! Otherwise it is not an investment rather than an expense/luxury. My parents purchased multiple apartments in Vlora and they're a headache, if you plan on renting it good luck, only lowlives rent in albania. In Tirana it's a different story, given the influx of people in and out, you can rent to decent people or even foreigners if you know the right people. This is coming from someone with experience, unless you go and live or visit the location a few times a year it's not worth it, it is a luxury and an expense not a investment. They're introducing property tax in albania now so it's even worse, also if you plan to rent, most of the tenants won't pay the bills thus leaving you to pay for them because the system charges the owner and not the tenant. My dad constantly goes back home to manage it and in the end always comes at a loss, he personally likes it down there so it's not too bad, and things are getting better, but again if you purchase property be prepared to to deal with shady ppl. On multiple occasions they cut the water in one of our apt because they felt like it. When I got there I lost my mind and nearly strangled this old dude who kept acting like hot stuff. My advice is, buy something if you visit albania often (multiple times a year) otherwise either rent or get a hotel, it's cheaper and hassle free.

PS,
The apt we have were all build in 2007 or later, and they're in prime locations and problems still persist. Imagine if we owned something from the 90s or Enver's time in a rural area, dear god that would've been a nightmare.
  • Information