Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Valdet Rama is also playing his 20 minutes for game in Bundesliga . He def can be a better sub than Llullaku and Hyka.
artan

vata10 wrote:So Gashi's playing alright in United States. I don't get Gdb leaving him out for bums like Hyka and Llulaku.
Thing about Gashi is he doesn't fit as a winger in Di Biasi's system. A winger in Di Biasi's system is more like a wing back rather than a modern winger, players who are pacey and can defend are what he is looking for(basically fullbacks). Gashi as a winger for DB looked very awkward and looked bad as he played so deep and spent majority of the game defending.

Gashi is a goal poacher and has good distance shooting. His best attribute is probably making runs into the boxes from out wide (at the winger spot) where he anticipates crosses or shot deflections so he can tap them in. He also has a good long range shot. In our current set up he'll never have the opportunities to make those runs as we can't keep possession and we're normally bunkered in near our own goal majority of the game.

The only spot I can see him succeeding for us under Di Biasi is as a forward paired up with Sadiku or Balaj. I think that will give him the space/freedom to be a poacher and to make runs. I don't believe Di Biasi has tested Gashi as a forward?
vata10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Valdet Rama is also playing his 20 minutes for game in Bundesliga . He def can be a better sub than Llullaku and Hyka.
It's a bit of a bad timing for Gdb to test and see what Grezda and Latifi have to offer. Liechtenstein was a good game for that, but the team just couldn't kill it in time and I can't see Gdb give them PT against Israel.

Calling Valdet Rama if playing for club, wouldn't be a bad idea. As he offers something different and would help if we're chasing a result. Doubt he'll give Rama another chance though as I feel Gdb got rid of him as soon as Lenjani started working as a lw.

Rama is like Meha a very lazy footballer that won't put a shift in training but expects to start the game.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Valdet Rama is also playing his 20 minutes for game in Bundesliga . He def can be a better sub than Llullaku and Hyka.

Not sure why fell out of favor. Def take him over Hyka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plako

vata10 wrote:So Gashi's playing alright in United States. I don't get Gdb leaving him out for bums like Hyka and Llulaku.

I gon't think Gashi ever brought much to the NT except for the Armenia matches. But I think that miss vs the Swiss is still hurting him. Had he scored there he'd still be getting called up.

vata10

artan wrote:
Thing about Gashi is he doesn't fit as a winger in Di Biasi's system. A winger in Di Biasi's system is more like a wing back rather than a modern winger, players who are pacey and can defend are what he is looking for(basically fullbacks). Gashi as a winger for DB looked very awkward and looked bad as he played so deep and spent majority of the game defending.

Gashi is a goal poacher and has good distance shooting. His best attribute is probably making runs into the boxes from out wide (at the winger spot) where he anticipates crosses or shot deflections so he can tap them in. He also has a good long range shot. In our current set up he'll never have the opportunities to make those runs as we can't keep possession and we're normally bunkered in near our own goal majority of the game.

The only spot I can see him succeeding for us under Di Biasi is as a forward paired up with Sadiku or Balaj. I think that will give him the space/freedom to be a poacher and to make runs. I don't believe Di Biasi has tested Gashi as a forward?
I don't recall Gashi ever being tested as a forward for the NT. He might work as a 2nd striker against teams at our level or weaker. You called his attributes correctly and with our bunker football Sadiku, Balaj and Cika work better.

My only concern is us being a goal down and having to chase the result. And the only point I want to make is that he could work as a plan B. His best game with the NT as far as I can remember is the 2-1 win over Armenia. He came in as a sub and played as a midfielder behind Cika and Salihi.
vata10

Plako wrote:

I gon't think Gashi ever brought much to the NT except for the Armenia matches. But I think that miss vs the Swiss is still hurting him. Had he scored there he'd still be getting called up.

I don't think that's a fair reason to not call him. Both Gashi and Sadiku missed grate chances that day, you could also say their gk had a hell of a day preventing anything going in.

Gashi and Sadiku are the only proven goal scorers we've got.
Plako

vata10 wrote:I don't think that's a fair reason to not call him. Both Gashi and Sadiku missed grate chances that day, you could also say their gk had a hell of a day preventing anything going in.

Gashi and Sadiku are the only proven goal scorers we've got.
I think Artan's analysis is pretty much spot on as to why Gashi doen't fit GDB's system. I want Gashi to work out for us so badly as he is very likable as a person but he just doesn't fit our system. I'd still call him over Hyka any day.

Dallku

Soccer is a very complex sport.

Everyone looks at goals but they can be deceiving.. This Llullaku guy is proving it in Romania, just like Gashi proved it at Basel(and now MLS), Salihi in Austria, Kapllani in the 2nd Bundesliga, Berisha in Australia. All these guys were/are scoring every week for their clubs but as soon as they play against a slightly stronger opponent they can't sniff the ball. Remember when Gashi was benched for CL games?? This type of poachers are the biggest footballing frauds because their style only suits against much weaker teams and they don't help the team in other areas like build up play and so on.

This is why to me a player like Bogdani was so underrated. He wasn't a great goal scorer but he did score against Milan, Roma, Inter, Juve, France, Portugal, Denmark, etc... and he also contributed in other areas like build up play, set pieces, good intelligence, and even passing.

The attacking players we have now are such a disgrace. Look at someone like Balaj; it's like his legs are made of wood and he can only score with his head.

Not sure where the saviors are gonna come from. Latifi has been looking pretty impressive in the Albanian league(definitely has improved a lot) but Albanian league is such a low level that it's impossible to judge. Same with the Croatian league dudes.
KF.KORAB

Sokola1234 wrote:What happened with Armando Vajushi, he was very good in Bulgaria ?
And what about Ndue Mujeci, he just signed for Pirin, Bulgaria, is he any good ?
Vajushi is injured at the moment and he was most of time as long as he left Litex. Overall lot of struggle for him in the last 2 years.

Mujeci come from Latvian league and signed for a mid-table team, if he would have signed for Levski, Ludogorets or CSKA Sofia then why not to keep an eye on him but in Pirin? blah.

But we never know we called up players from Lokomotiva Zagreb wich would be at the bottom of the Bulgarian league if they were in Bulgaria so i don't see why we shouldn't have an eye on Mujeci. At this point everybody have his chance.
  • Information