Kosova Football National Team

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku
Posts: 1963
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am

The first half ended 5-1. It’s normal that England let their guard down in the second half, and in the 2nd half they still missed and bunch of sitters and a penalty... sterling was fvcking around.

Kosovo plays with a lot of passion but if you paid attention to the game you know that England could score any time they wanted.
User avatar
plisi
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 am
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 am

artan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 am
Kosova looks really good offensively but damn do they play open. Kinda suicidal on how open they played against England. Even England fans were applauding them because they're used of teams just bunkering. Match showed Kosova can take it to anyone and they created alot of chances. Honestly, they could have made it 5-4 with 10 - 15 minutes left. At the end of the day it was a fair result since England should have probably scored another 1-2 as well. Again, Kosova is pretty bad defending the counter, they try to get too cute offensively and when they lose the ball it becomes a nightmare.

-Kosova still needs some muscle in the central midfield and Rexhbecaj would be a good addition.
-Aliti actually looks legit. Rrahmani had a stupid mistake rushing to the midfield trying to tackle Sterling which led to a easy goal scoring opportunity.
-Vojvoda has alot of talent offensively but defensively he's a bit of a nightmare. That own goal...
-Muric definitely gonna be a very good keeper but he makes mistakes trying to play it from the back. I guess he's trying to adopt to Pep's style.
-Valon Berisha pure class and hustle. Celina is so talented as well.
-Muriqi is Zlatan light.

It's gonna be exciting once Rashica, Zeneli and Kololi come back. I just hope Kosova dropping points to Montenegro and Bulgaria earlier doesn't bite them in the ass. That match against Czech Republic in November is really gonna decide if Kosova will qualify through the group or not.
Idk, how long Shala and Kryeziu are out, but they'll start once they're back too.

They should've tried to defend that 0-1 lead a little bit more, there were situations that lead to England scoring where our players could've committed fouls but somehow they failed to read the danger in those situations in the first half, second half they improved and England failed to create as much.
User avatar
plisi
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 am
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 am

Dallku wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am
The first half ended 5-1. It’s normal that England let their guard down in the second half, and in the 2nd half they still missed and bunch of sitters and a penalty... sterling was fvcking around.

Kosovo plays with a lot of passion but if you paid attention to the game you know that England could score any time they wanted.
Probably very imature but there's a joy in losing while playing like this: https://streamable.com/s004z in comparison to defending for 90 minutes and still losing. The most interesting part is that in every game opponents are counter-attacking Kosovo.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 1471
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 am
They remind me of Albania back in the 90s, where we'd go back and forth with Germany but always end up losing. I didn't see them getting past Czechia but if they fix their defence they have a pretty good chance. Montenegro and Bulgaria have been trash.
Those 90s teams would constantly finish bottom in the group. There’s really no comparison. Besides the 2004-2006 squad the Albanian national team has been a joke until Di Biasi took over and gave the team an identity.
Dallku
Posts: 1963
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm

artan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 am
They remind me of Albania back in the 90s, where we'd go back and forth with Germany but always end up losing. I didn't see them getting past Czechia but if they fix their defence they have a pretty good chance. Montenegro and Bulgaria have been trash.
Those 90s teams would constantly finish bottom in the group. There’s really no comparison. Besides the 2004-2006 squad the Albanian national team has been a joke until Di Biasi took over and gave the team an identity.
You're comparing those groups to these nowadays??

Nowadays you can beat San Marino, Luxembourg and a Moldova and you qualify to a tournament thanks to that Nations League nonsense.

Back then you were in a group with Germany, Yugoslavia and Spain. There were less nations, smaller groups and less nations qualified as opposed to now where half of Europe does.

And yes, Albania had a lot of 4-3 type results against big teams but that's because big teams play with little motivation/don't want to get injured/fool around, etc.
User avatar
Shpati
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 am
Location: United States
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 am
They remind me of Albania back in the 90s, where we'd go back and forth with Germany but always end up losing.
Man, you got some obsession with that Albania against Germany team
User avatar
Shpati
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 am
Location: United States
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm

plisi wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 am
Dallku wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am
The first half ended 5-1. It’s normal that England let their guard down in the second half, and in the 2nd half they still missed and bunch of sitters and a penalty... sterling was fvcking around.

Kosovo plays with a lot of passion but if you paid attention to the game you know that England could score any time they wanted.
Probably very imature but there's a joy in losing while playing like this: https://streamable.com/s004z in comparison to defending for 90 minutes and still losing. The most interesting part is that in every game opponents are counter-attacking Kosovo.
Yea, I'm glad I don't have to watch two teams that bunker lol.

Looks like Kosova genuinely are having fun out there. Fun team to watch.

They play very open though. It's fun to watch, don't get me wrong. But eventually you are gonna have to tighten things up in the back. It will be tough to do without taking creativity from the players.
User avatar
Shpati
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 am
Location: United States
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.
Contact:

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Dallku wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm
artan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 am
They remind me of Albania back in the 90s, where we'd go back and forth with Germany but always end up losing. I didn't see them getting past Czechia but if they fix their defence they have a pretty good chance. Montenegro and Bulgaria have been trash.
Those 90s teams would constantly finish bottom in the group. There’s really no comparison. Besides the 2004-2006 squad the Albanian national team has been a joke until Di Biasi took over and gave the team an identity.
You're comparing those groups to these nowadays??

Nowadays you can beat San Marino, Luxembourg and a Moldova and you qualify to a tournament thanks to that Nations League nonsense.

Back then you were in a group with Germany, Yugoslavia and Spain. There were less nations, smaller groups and less nations qualified as opposed to now where half of Europe does.

And yes, Albania had a lot of 4-3 type results against big teams but that's because big teams play with little motivation/don't want to get injured/fool around, etc.
I agree the nations league is bs. But they are still showing something in the actual qualification too. They are still fighting.

Has Albania really had a group with Germany, Yugoslavia, and Spain? I tried to look it up, but did not see a group like that.

They had some tough groups for sure, but doesn't justify finishing at the bottom 2-3 95% of the time. Since I've been following the team:
- 2002 dead last behind Greece and Finland.
- 2004 could have been better especially since they were playing very well at home.
- 2006 was a tough group. Maybe could have gotten more draws, but they finished where they were supposed to kinda like 2018.
- 2008 started good. Baric was like the prototype Di Biasi with 1/4 the talent. But the team just threw him under the bus. This was a clear indication of corruption and politics.
- 2010 they only got 1 win in 10 games. Tough group, sure. But getting 7 points is laughable. Couldn't even get a full 6 from Malta.
- 2014 they finished below Norway and Slovenia.

They've always seemed to struggle with teams like Belarus and Georgia. Never going to get anywhere if you struggle against pot 4 teams.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 2801
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Contact:

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:12 am

Shpati wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Man, you got some obsession with that Albania against Germany team
That was our highest scoring period for our NT (97-98).
Dallku wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm

You're comparing those groups to these nowadays??

Nowadays you can beat San Marino, Luxembourg and a Moldova and you qualify to a tournament thanks to that Nations League nonsense.

Back then you were in a group with Germany, Yugoslavia and Spain. There were less nations, smaller groups and less nations qualified as opposed to now where half of Europe does.

And yes, Albania had a lot of 4-3 type results against big teams but that's because big teams play with little motivation/don't want to get injured/fool around, etc.
Well it depends. Sometimes, yeah, you'd get a small group of tough teams. But Armenia, Latvia, etc... existed back then too.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
Guest

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:16 am

Shpati wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm
plisi wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 am
Dallku wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am
The first half ended 5-1. It’s normal that England let their guard down in the second half, and in the 2nd half they still missed and bunch of sitters and a penalty... sterling was fvcking around.

Kosovo plays with a lot of passion but if you paid attention to the game you know that England could score any time they wanted.
Probably very imature but there's a joy in losing while playing like this: https://streamable.com/s004z in comparison to defending for 90 minutes and still losing. The most interesting part is that in every game opponents are counter-attacking Kosovo.
Yea, I'm glad I don't have to watch two teams that bunker lol.

Looks like Kosova genuinely are having fun out there. Fun team to watch.

They play very open though. It's fun to watch, don't get me wrong. But eventually you are gonna have to tighten things up in the back. It will be tough to do without taking creativity from the players.
Everything you wrote is true, but I'm just loving all the praise Kosovo is getting internationally.
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests