World Cup Russia 2018

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Albo_eagle wrote:
ZenMaster wrote:I can't wait to see Mavraj to taking revenge for his muslim brothers in Palestine. Mos qofsha ne lekuren e izraeliteve.
Lool i thinking that aswell. I hope we beat them both times, would make up for not qualifying. Really would like to beat them.
lol Mavraj will intimidate them. The Israelis will be on "high alert" when they travel to Muslim majority Albania ;)
Dallku

The schedule couldn't be better imo. A chance to start strong

artan

That's one way to look at it but the first game is a must win against Macedonia. We're gonna need to get the 12 against Lichtenstein and Macedonia to have a chance. Anyway one game at a time as you don't know what will happen. Look at this qualification campaign with Netherlands behind Iceland and Czech Republic.

Honestly, Italy aren't that strong of a team. They are living on reputation right now and if you look at their recent results it's not too good. Maybe the old guard of Pirlo, De Rossi, Buffon, Chiellini will retire from NT by then which may help(or hurt?) us. I'm confident in getting points against Italy but I think we'll f*** up against Israel.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Macedonia always had success in friendlies against us. I see us getting 2 upset losses here.

Lichtenstein.... it'd be fun scoring 12 goals against them, but these games will just give the team underserved cockiness.

Israel... They aren't bad. I see us splitting a W and L here.

Spain and Italy... no chance. They don't play high pace so we can't just score on a half-assed counter like against the likes of Portugal, Denmak, and France. Spain and Italy are on another level and won't even give us a chance to counter or get a set piece.

Total Points: 9, 5th place

Italy
Spain
Israel
Macedonia
Albania
Lichtenstein
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Shpati wrote:Macedonia always had success in friendlies against us. I see us getting 2 upset losses here.

Lichtenstein.... it'd be fun scoring 12 goals against them, but these games will just give the team underserved cockiness.

Israel... They aren't bad. I see us splitting a W and L here.

Spain and Italy... no chance. They don't play high pace so we can't just score on a half-assed counter like against the likes of Portugal, Denmak, and France. Spain and Italy are on another level and won't even give us a chance to counter or get a set piece.

Total Points: 9, 5th place

Italy
Spain
Israel
Macedonia
Albania
Lichtenstein
LOL Macedonia is a team whos starting LB and CB play in our superliga, they are one of the weakest teams in pot 5 and barely beat Luxembourg thanks to a late goal by an Albanian. Israel is very shaky, no way they finish 2 spots up from us, again lol.
Albo_eagle

A beautiful fixture list. Can make a good start with 6 points and hope Italy start sloppy so they are always chasing and we can try hold them to draws like we can do Denmark right now.
We got the hardehahardest group but a decent fixture list, we really do need one of Manaj or Avdijaj to become really good players for us to beat Italy to second.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Warning for religious baiting/trolling.

Please feel free to talk about religion in the Off-Topic section ("Free Your Mind").

- Shpati
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Albo_eagle wrote:A beautiful fixture list. Can make a good start with 6 points and hope Italy start sloppy so they are always chasing and we can try hold them to draws like we can do Denmark right now.
We got the hardehahardest group but a decent fixture list, we really do need one of Manaj or Avdijaj to become really good players for us to beat Italy to second.
I'm not going to expect Manaj to be established at that point and I don't think Avdijaj at that point will be much better than the current options we have. We'll need players with grind and hustle against Spain/Italy and Avdijaj ain't that.

I'm more excited about Hysaj turning into a very good fullback and being a dangerous attacking option. Gym might be playing in a top league and maybe Cika becomes the ultimate goal poacher? Who knows

But imagine if Granit, Shaqiri, Ademi, Januzaj and Mehmedi played for us? We'd get that 2nd spot

----------Mehmedi
Januzaj-------------Shaqiri
--------Xhaka--Kace
-------------Ademi
Xhaka--Gym--Mustafi-Hysaj
------------Berisha
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

artan wrote:But imagine if Granit, Shaqiri, Ademi, Januzaj and Mehmedi played for us
Please no. We are done imagining which got us good results in UEFA 2016.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Lmao I forgot Shpati is a mod. He calls me a Jew but that's ok :D

Anyhow, as Simboli mentioned we kept West Germany from qualifying from Euros, so stranger things have happened (we actually won that game but goal was wrongly disallowed). I personally will have no hope and will take it one game at a time.
artan wrote: But imagine if Granit, Shaqiri, Ademi, Januzaj and Mehmedi played for us? We'd get that 2nd spot
It's ironic how both Shaqiri and Januzaj have declined. Both are benched hard, especially Shaqiri who can't get play time in an Inter team that's finished 8th. Maybe if these kids didn't have their heads up their ass, and had some humility, they might have turned into good players.

Xhaka seems to be doing well though.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information