World Cup Russia 2018

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Goodbye WC 2018, I never knew ye.
Shpati

Would we have gotten Pot 2 if FIFA took the 3-0 into consideration.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I like the group. Was hoping all day to get Italy and we got it although in my mind i didn't want Spain but definitely i must say that barr Macedonia we have nice transfers. Imagine : Madrid , Rome, Jerusalem and Vaduz . Our team can get the best from this group maybe competing for 2-3 place . Italy doesn't loose games very often in qualifiers as AuroraBulkuaris said but they will loose sometime , Spain has the strongest team we might have faced during the last 2-3 qualifying cycles. We need to snatch 3-4 points from both Italy and Spain . Macedonia and Israel are the teams we will have to play attacking football against and that will be tricky. As for Russia 2018 i would like to go so don't break our hopes yet. We need to let home the Italians or the Spanish + a playoff team . Either way we will have enough time for that so meanwhile let's enjoy our Euro 2016. Curious to see what De Biasi thinks about the group .
Berti
Team: Leeds

FSHF must be delighted with the money that comes with this group. They moaned like hell on the last one.
Plako. Italy is a bit overrated and not that great imo, but they know how to beat teams like us. We aspire to play their way so we can't beat the masters at their own game. Spain we just can't beat. However, if we play like we have we can go on leaps and bounds in terms of development and confidence. After all we can't really expect anything from this group. But I cannot say enough, a lot can change until the qualifiers begin
Plako
Team: Partizani

Albo_eagle wrote:I'm going to France for the Euros so ofcourse i think it would be good to qualify for the World Cup so we can go watch that aswell. I'm just saying Russians don't like Albanians and also the Russians are gonna cause a lot of problems at that World Cup so it can be seen as a positive to not have to be a part of those problems.

Ofcourse I'd much rather qualify.
I don't think most Russians have any idea where Albania is or know any Albanians.
Plako

Berti wrote:Plako. Italy is a bit overrated and not that great imo, but they know how to beat teams like us. We aspire to play their way so we can't beat the masters at their own game. Spain we just can't beat. However, if we play like we have we can go on leaps and bounds in terms of development and confidence. After all we can't really expect anything from this group. But I cannot say enough, a lot can change until the qualifiers begin
True, Italy are overrated but they still know how to manage to win games by a one goal margin. Anyways the away game to Italy must be an occasion for 20k+ Albanians to make that a home game for us :)
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Italy missed the world cup only once in 1958 so it's time for them to watch it from home. The only away games with Spain and Israel might have less traveling fans than the others cause i'm expecting matches against Italy, Macedonia, Liechteinstein to be full of red and blacks.
Shpati

Dragoi wrote:Curious to see what De Biasi thinks about the group .
He just resigned.
Plako

Shpati wrote:
Dragoi wrote:Curious to see what De Biasi thinks about the group .
He just resigned.
Gani Abazi: "Sorteggio Mondiali Russia 2018: la mia Albania con Spagna Italia Israele Macedonia e Liechtenstein"

Au contraire, he is cherishing the opportunity to play against Italy. I fee like everything he's done so far for Albania will culminate in the games vs. Italy. THIS IS DESTINY! We will smash the Italians. Oh it will be glorious!!!
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

As I said, Italy has never lost a qualifiers in like 10 years.

A 2nd spot only guarantees a play-off spot, and even if we get a 2nd spot with out 500:1 chances, the games against liechtenstein won't count when they eliminate 1 of the 2nd spot teams.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information