World Cup Russia 2018

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

vata10

Lol what? It's our time to shine. Interesting group though. Spain is going through a reconstruction, their midfield dynamo of Xavi-Iniesta is no more and Italy always struggles vs the Balkaners. Israel can be tricky.
Dallku

I'm not gonna lie... I love this group. Yes it's very tough in terms of qualification but the opponents are all attractive and they should be interesting match-ups.

Albania has proved in these past few years that it has grown and is more capable of upsets than ever before so tbh I'm not that "scared". Also don't expect to finish top 2 but as long as they give a fight I won't care too much. Failure in this group would be to finish below Israel and especially Macedonia.
Albo_eagle

I don't think most Russians have any idea where Albania is or know any Albanians.[/quote]

Lol where do you live?

Russians are like brothers of Serbs (both slavs). Serbs don't like us so neither do Russians. They attempt to screw us over at any point. I can name a hundred instances but i only need to name one: Kosova.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Lol, orthodox brotherhood is just funny. It only matters in small instances. If for some reason Albania makes it to Russia, there won't be any Russians holding a "Kosovo is Serbia" banner. Because WC tickets require a reasonable salary. So village idiots can't attend games.

Russia not recognizing Kosova is more so because Kosova was backed by an anti-Russia organization [NATO]
Albo_eagle

On the Kosova topic Russia has veto'd anything they could against Kosovo. If you are from anywhere in Europe than i assume you will knknknow that Russians dislike Albanians and vice versa. Americans may not know.
Albo_eagle

Shpati wrote: Russia not recognizing Kosova is more so because Kosova was backed by an anti-Russia organization [NATO]
No it's to do with the fact that Russia believes that Kosova is part of Serbia.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Russia doesn't recognize Kosova for the same reason Spain doesn't, because it gives a precedent for smaller ethnic entities to break apart from states. If Montenegro didn't give a shit about Serbia, neither do they.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:As I said, Italy has never lost a qualifiers in like 10 years.

A 2nd spot only guarantees a play-off spot, and even if we get a 2nd spot with out 500:1 chances, the games against liechtenstein won't count when they eliminate 1 of the 2nd spot teams.
This is a defeatist attitude and won't get us anywhere. You gotta go in this and give it your best shot, you can't rule yourself out the day of the draw.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Albo_eagle wrote:Lol where do you live?

Russians are like brothers of Serbs (both slavs). Serbs don't like us so neither do Russians. They attempt to screw us over at any point. I can name a hundred instances but i only need to name one: Kosova.
You are mixing politics and the Russian political elite with the common Russian people. The Russian political elite will never support Kosova because of its own separatist regions in Chechnya and Dagestan. It's the same with Spain. Add to that the fact that the Serbia-Kosova conflict is an extension of the larger East-West and US-Russia conflicts.
Dallku

Speaking of Kosovo they are absolutely convinced that they'll enter in these qualifiers. Specifically in group H or I because they have 5 teams. http://gazetatribuna.com/arena/ne-cilin ... one-video/

This seems very silly but they seem sure of it. Maybe it's propaganda.. I mean can they just include teams out of nowhere now that the final draw is settled?? Wouldn't that fuk up the calendar and other plans?? Logic says that the draw is official....
  • Information