Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Plako wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:58 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm Agim Ademi says Bastien Toma might play for Kosovo
Is this guy a Swiss reject too?
Only 21 but right now clearly he is not good enough for Swiss senior team.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Kosovo is scooping up prospects left and right. They’ll be making some noise in the next 10 years
artan

Toma is a reject but he has some quality.

There should be a few Swiss rejects that have decent quality (but not good enough for Switzerland) in the midfield. Toni Domgjoni, Betim Fazli, Kastriot Imeri, Nedim Bajrami, Lorik emini, etc.
artan

Princ wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:17 am Kosovo is scooping up prospects left and right. They’ll be making some noise in the next 10 years
Kosova will pretty much have Swizterland and other European countries farming them out players for the next 10 years. They should atleast be competitive.

I don't understand why FSHF have just stopped being interesteed in these players. Instead them go after random players like Egli Kaja or Bujar Lika
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 am
Princ wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:17 am Kosovo is scooping up prospects left and right. They’ll be making some noise in the next 10 years
Kosova will pretty much have Swizterland and other European countries farming them out players for the next 10 years. They should atleast be competitive.

I don't understand why FSHF have just stopped being interesteed in these players. Instead them go after random players like Egli Kaja or Bujar Lika
I think the era of good diaspora players is long gone.

The generation of Xhaka, Shaqiri, Behrami, etc was once in a lifetime. We'll never see something like that again but one or two freakish talents might pop out here and there.
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:07 am

The generation of Xhaka, Shaqiri, Behrami, etc was once in a lifetime. We'll never see something like that again but one or two freakish talents might pop out here and there.
For the time being I would say yes. But that core was considered Switzerland's golden generation. They even won the u19 world cup I think.

It might take another few years to see more talented prospects come up. This current Swiss - Alb generation doesn't look like they'll have any stars just decent players. Although in the meantime that Dajaku kid from Bayern seems talented (German)
Princ

artan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:48 am Toma is a reject but he has some quality.
No shame in being a reject for a top 15 nation.. one mans trash another mans treasure
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

What are Kumbulla and Strakosha... The Switzerland pool might be running out, but the Italian and even England pool to some extent is just getting started. Kumbulla might be most talented Albo we've seen in modern times. At the club level, Strakosha has already surpassed Shaqiri, Xhaka, Behrami.

Even Djimsiti... He's finishing Top 4 in a top league, and playing in quarterfinals of CL.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:54 am

What are Kumbulla and Strakosha... The Switzerland pool might be running out, but the Italian and even England pool to some extent is just getting started. Kumbulla might be most talented Albo we've seen in modern times. At the club level, Strakosha has already surpassed Shaqiri, Xhaka, Behrami.

Even Djimsiti... He's finishing Top 4 in a top league, and playing in quarterfinals of CL.

Yup , it’s not all doom and gloom for Albania. A couple decent attackers and they’re easily better than Kosove . They can’t defend at all .
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:54 am What are Kumbulla and Strakosha... The Switzerland pool might be running out, but the Italian and even England pool to some extent is just getting started. Kumbulla might be most talented Albo we've seen in modern times. At the club level, Strakosha has already surpassed Shaqiri, Xhaka, Behrami.

Yeah Kumbulla is definitely a top defender. Wish he moves to a top team next season. I do have high hopes for Armando Broja too.
  • Information