Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Odds are tightening in Kosovo’s favor.. North Macedonia opened at -150 to qualify to next round and are now at -125. Kosovo opened at +110 and are now -106. The way Kosovo was playing in the qualifiers, I’d say they are a good bet to advance to the next stage v winner of Georgia/Belarus
Dallku

Princ wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 pm Odds are tightening in Kosovo’s favor.. North Macedonia opened at -150 to qualify to next round and are now at -125. Kosovo opened at +110 and are now -106. The way Kosovo was playing in the qualifiers, I’d say they are a good bet to advance to the next stage v winner of Georgia/Belarus
The odds are pretty much accurate. This is more or less a 50/50 game. If the game was played in Kosovo they would be favorites.

Macedonia has some nice players, even better than Kosovo but I don't think they play well as a group. Kosovo has the chemistry advantage and more enthusiasm.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 pm
Princ wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 pm Odds are tightening in Kosovo’s favor.. North Macedonia opened at -150 to qualify to next round and are now at -125. Kosovo opened at +110 and are now -106. The way Kosovo was playing in the qualifiers, I’d say they are a good bet to advance to the next stage v winner of Georgia/Belarus
The odds are pretty much accurate. This is more or less a 50/50 game. If the game was played in Kosovo they would be favorites.

Macedonia has some nice players, even better than Kosovo but I don't think they play well as a group. Kosovo has the chemistry advantage and more enthusiasm.
Everything is going in the Macedonia favor, in terms of quality there is no differences between teams but game will be played 99% behind closed doors so it will be major advantage for them. The only problem will be to stop Muriqi because they don't have solid center backs otherwise for me Macedonia is favorites to go through.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:29 pm
Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Everything is going in the Macedonia favor, in terms of quality there is no differences between teams but game will be played 99% behind closed doors so it will be major advantage for them. The only problem will be to stop Muriqi because they don't have solid center backs otherwise for me Macedonia is favorites to go through.
I think playing behind closed doors will be in our favorite as opposed to playing in Prilep.

I think the game is 50/50 like Ledzep said. Macedonia wins the midfield battle (Ademi, Bardhi and Elmas are no joke) but everything else Kosova has an advantage. Macedonia has more continuity as a team and probably less overall pressure. I don't think their media really hypes them up to much and I don't think they don't get the same support as 1/4 of the country doesn't support them (the Albanian population) and theres probably alot of macedonians who don't support the team since all the best players are Albanian lol
Princ

Playing in empty stadium should definitely be advantage to Kosovo. I’d say this fact is the main reason for the tightening of the odds in Kosovo’s favor(especially with the match still couple weeks away)..
Princ

Postponed.. what a shame. The wind was blowing in Kosovo’s direction and I believe they would have beaten North Macedonia had the match taken place as scheduled. All bets are off though for when it is rescheduled..
artan

Looks like Orges Bunjaku and Andi Zeqiri will both play for Kosova.

Bujaku looks especially promising
https://www.transfermarkt.us/orges-bunj ... ler/499214
ZenMaster

Kosova finally will have a player with tropojan roots Edi Sylisufaj. Personally i would preferred Haklaj but even Sylisufaj will be okay.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster

Agim Ademi says Bastien Toma might play for Kosovo
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm Agim Ademi says Bastien Toma might play for Kosovo
Is this guy a Swiss reject too?
  • Information