Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:29 pm Muja and Daku were simply ignored by Kosovo. It also doesn't make sense for Muja to Kosovo as they have such a logjam at winger and he wouldn't make a difference. These guys were available for quite some time now and probably are a bit salty that Daku scored. Daku for Kosovo does make sense and that was a mistake on their end for not calling him up.

But one thing in which they kind of have a point is that Albania really has a competitive advantage as they are able to poach any ethnic Albanian player from all over the world (Kosovo, Macedonia, Italy, Switzerland, etc) while Kosovo can only poach Kosovar-Albanians.

I also thought that UEFA cracked down on this as I remember after the 2016 euros we weren't allowed to poach Kosovars? But it seems like it's 2014 again with the entire roster being full of Kosovars, Macedonians and diaspora lol. Not complaining because a roster full of domestic players would probably finish behind Malta.
ethnic albanians representing albania from stolen lands all under the same flag, it’s a beautiful story to me.

How we should be, together.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Daku would just be a backup to Muriqi. At least with Broja out he got his moment to shine.

This is how it should be going forward. If Kosova has a starter occupying something, the backups should play with Albania. Sucks for squad depth but it's best strategy to have Kosovars and it's best for players who get more time.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

artan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:29 pm It also doesn't make sense for Muja to Kosovo as they have such a logjam at winger and he wouldn't make a difference.

You say that but the corpse of Bernard Berisha started for them on the wing in year 2023. Meriton Korenica(Turkish 2nd division) came on in the second half...

Muja is not good technically but he's a defensive, physical winger and Kosovo is desperate for any defensive balance. He would start over any of them including Zhegrova (overrated skiller) for sure.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:33 pm Daku would just be a backup to Muriqi. At least with Broja out he got his moment to shine.

This is how it should be going forward. If Kosova has a starter occupying something, the backups should play with Albania. Sucks for squad depth but it's best strategy to have Kosovars and it's best for players who get more time.
I don't think Broja affects Daku's role. It's Cika that he'll overtake and he'll have no competition for the next coupe of years at least in that position.
artan

Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:45 pm
artan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:29 pm It also doesn't make sense for Muja to Kosovo as they have such a logjam at winger and he wouldn't make a difference.

You say that but the corpse of Bernard Berisha started for them on the wing in year 2023. Meriton Korenica(Turkish 2nd division) came on in the second half...

Muja is not good technically but he's a defensive, physical winger and Kosovo is desperate for any defensive balance. He would start over any of them including Zhegrova (overrated skiller) for sure.
They still have somewhat of a logjam with Zeneli, Bytqiqi, Zhegrova, Rashica, Rashani, Sahiti, Krasniqi, Musilja, etc. While all of these guys are painfully average it's still a logjam. Easier to play for Albania when just until a few months ago it appeared we didn't have any viable wingers.
Redijupison

Tbh, FFK has only themselves to blame, both Muja and Daku could've contributed straight away and IMO Muja was just super-excited debuting with Albania, he'll probably become a starter in no time.
andi2410

I don't see why you guys rate Muja so much. I gotta admit, I haven't seen much of him at all but in the two games me kombetaren he was awful - pretty much wasted every ball. I looked up his highlights in YT, and they are very underwhelming. He seems slow and clumsy. I hope I'm wrong, but when Asani debuted with the NT, he bossed that performance from the first minute in Poland. Showed real confidence and threat as a pacey technical winger, with a bit of a mean edge. I would still prefer Muci on that wing.

Broja
Muci Bajrami Asani

This top 4 is a problem. Skill, speed, hunger, confidence. All four of them can take on their defender, and create for others.
Klejdi1023

andi2410 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:35 am I don't see why you guys rate Muja so much. I gotta admit, I haven't seen much of him at all but in the two games me kombetaren he was awful - pretty much wasted every ball. I looked up his highlights in YT, and they are very underwhelming. He seems slow and clumsy. I hope I'm wrong, but when Asani debuted with the NT, he bossed that performance from the first minute in Poland. Showed real confidence and threat as a pacey technical winger, with a bit of a mean edge. I would still prefer Muci on that wing.

Broja
Muci Bajrami Asani

This top 4 is a problem. Skill, speed, hunger, confidence. All four of them can take on their defender, and create for others.
I also like this top 4. I think we need to incorporate Muci into the team as a winger as Idk where else he can fit in. As offensive as Sylvinho is trying to be, he already gave hints in Czechia that he also wants to count on more defensive wingers like Muja and Seferi, so I don't think we will see this top 4 all the time.
Plako
Team: Partizani

andi2410 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:35 am I don't see why you guys rate Muja so much. I gotta admit, I haven't seen much of him at all but in the two games me kombetaren he was awful - pretty much wasted every ball. I looked up his highlights in YT, and they are very underwhelming. He seems slow and clumsy. I hope I'm wrong, but when Asani debuted with the NT, he bossed that performance from the first minute in Poland. Showed real confidence and threat as a pacey technical winger, with a bit of a mean edge. I would still prefer Muci on that wing.
Yes he did but he also got limited minutes. When he came on during the Poland game we were trying to protect the lead. Seferi was just as bad imo in both games but both came on in the Poland game.
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:45 pm
Yes he did but he also got limited minutes. When he came on during the Poland game we were trying to protect the lead. Seferi was just as bad imo in both games but both came on in the Poland game.
Jason Ceka is in great form too, need him over Seferi, that guy offers nothing. Playing in dubai too, what’s the point.
  • Information