Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:57 pm
artan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:00 am Some of the serbian players and the coach (like dallku mentioned) did boycott the match for Montenegro. How insecure are they?

Furthermore, the captain for Montengro today was Beqiraj. Obviously they did it to save some face but Montenegro looks like an even bigger mess than us with the whole racism incident towards Sterling/England and now this. Serbs mix politics and football to the next level.
It's obvious now Challandes is not the coach who can qualify Kosovo. I have noticed the games were badly prepared by Kosova, the staff haven't localized weak points of opponents. The likes of Jankovic and Vesovic looked like Modric and Perisic, while we failed miserably to use the physical strength of Muriqi. Kosovo has more quality and potential than Montenegro, Bulgaria but doesn't have the coaching to be successful in this level. Kosovo can win matches by individual quality of players or opponents brainfarts but it's clear this team has no idea how they will attack, how the ball will end in the legs of Rashica,Celina or Zeneli to finish action. If Kosovo will lose against Bulgaria, we will fight to not finish the last one in group. I don't think Kosovo will have chance against North Macedonia on Nations League with this coach.
I wasn't able to catch yesterday's match but watching the play Bulgaria a few months back they looked really good. Very offensive (almost too offensive), very quick on the ball, very fast paced game. I think they play too attacking some times and will get their backline exposed which aren't that good. The team is still imbalanced, especially in the midfield. Idriz Voca and Besar Halimi probably aren't gonna cut it as central midfielders. Hopefully Sadiku plays for them and Rexhbecaj who would be a huge upgrade, it would be a good pairing in the midfield.

I also think part of the problem is this team is still learning how to win. It's good that expectations are starting to rise as everyone knows this was a game they should have won which is different than a year ago when they were getting stomped. They still look nervous and still don't know how to win, that will take some time.

The best part is that the match against Macedonia won't be until next year which is good for Kosova. Talent wise Kosova will be much better than Macedonia next year but obv that's only half the battle.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:57 pm
artan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:00 am Some of the serbian players and the coach (like dallku mentioned) did boycott the match for Montenegro. How insecure are they?

Furthermore, the captain for Montengro today was Beqiraj. Obviously they did it to save some face but Montenegro looks like an even bigger mess than us with the whole racism incident towards Sterling/England and now this. Serbs mix politics and football to the next level.
It's obvious now Challandes is not the coach who can qualify Kosovo. I have noticed the games were badly prepared by Kosova, the staff haven't localized weak points of opponents. The likes of Jankovic and Vesovic looked like Modric and Perisic, while we failed miserably to use the physical strength of Muriqi. Kosovo has more quality and potential than Montenegro, Bulgaria but doesn't have the coaching to be successful in this level. Kosovo can win matches by individual quality of players or opponents brainfarts but it's clear this team has no idea how they will attack, how the ball will end in the legs of Rashica,Celina or Zeneli to finish action. If Kosovo will lose against Bulgaria, we will fight to not finish the last one in group. I don't think Kosovo will have chance against North Macedonia on Nations League with this coach.
I wasn't able to catch yesterday's match but watching the play Bulgaria a few months back they looked really good. Very offensive (almost too offensive), very quick on the ball, very fast paced game. I think they play too attacking some times and will get their backline exposed which aren't that good. The team is still imbalanced, especially in the midfield. Idriz Voca and Besar Halimi probably aren't gonna cut it as central midfielders. Hopefully Sadiku plays for them and Rexhbecaj who would be a huge upgrade, it would be a good pairing in the midfield.

I also think part of the problem is this team is still learning how to win. It's good that expectations are starting to rise as everyone knows this was a game they should have won which is different than a year ago when they were getting stomped. They still look nervous and still don't know how to win, that will take some time.

The best part is that the match against Macedonia won't be until next year which is good for Kosova. Talent wise Kosova will be much better than Macedonia next year but obv that's only half the battle.
Kosovo doesn't have world class central defenders and world class keeper to try to attack with 6 players. If you will try always start your actions from the back, playing ball on feet especially if you engage full backs on this kind of game it's just matter of time when you will get caught on midfield by opponents who have higher level than Azerbaijan and Malta. No matter how good aesthetically your game looks like, if you fail to get the three points from weaker opponents it's massive failure because you won't be able to recuperate against England or Czech Republic. In football it is more important to be effective, a tower striker as Muriqi gives you opportunity to attack with long balls and risk nothing at the back. It will look ugly but his strength on air will create always panic on the opposite defence and any bad clearance can put Rashica, Zeneli, Celina 1 vs 1 situations which will be dreadful for any defence. If you won't use his physical strength what's the point to play Muriqi, he definitively can't play the false nine role. It's obvious Chalandes doesn't study opponents and doesn't adapts his tactics, he wants all players follow his dogmatic way of play and has his excuse of failure in mouth all the time. No matter if he loses every game, the public opinion will be always be kind to him because of his game style and he will be the coach against North Macedonia. Challandes is upgrade compare to Bunjaku but definitely is not the guy who can qualify you for the major events.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako
Team: Partizani

Ueee ca fitore. Bravo cunat, ishalla na nxjerrin ata ne Evropian vitin tjeter.

They murdered Bulgaria. They should have had 9 points from the last 3 games.
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Kosovo had 21 fucking attempts on goal, amazing!
artan

What a game by Rashica. Absolute class today and was responsible for all three goals. He has everything you want in a winger. Pace, dribbling ability, scoring threat and a good attitude. He created so many chances today it was amazing to watch. To me he's the best Albanian player (diaspora included) right now.

Kosova plays a very attractive brand but they play way too open. They leave their defenders on an island defensively and play with a high line. A better team is gonna take advantage of that. And it's not like the defenders were poor today, Rrahmani and Aliti did their jobs but again they play so open and with a high line that they get caught in way too many uncomfortable situations. Probably didn't help that Zhegrova is a lazy player who doesn't bother to track back, this guy will never amount to anything (despite being very talented) and should just focus on being a singer like his sister.

Central Midfield is an issue for them because Halimi and Voca can't control it. Halimi is very good technically but defensively he's kinda a liability defensively. And I honestly don't know about Voca. But this could be neutralized a bit if they put in a winger opposite of Rashica who can track back, we shit on Andi Lila but he has use sometimes. Sadiku and Rexhbecaj will be big upgrades if they ever join.

I also didn't like how Hadergjonaj didn't start. Apparently he's not starting regularly for his club is the reason but are you gonna really bench a premier league fullback who is clearly better than the guy who plays slightly more in Belgium? There's no comparison between Hadergjonaj and Vojvodna.

But this was a big win because they're learning how to win games.
artan

And although the stadium was half empty it's amazing how much racism/xenophobia is allowed forwards Albanians. Fans were chanting kosovo je serbia and death to Albanians. This is after a few days where some people on the montegero team refused to play against them.

This shit happens every time when we play one of these Balkan (besides Croatia and Bosnia) or Eastern European teams. I don't want to play the victim card but montenegro got penalized because racial slurs were thrown at some English players, why isn't the same being followed for us?
plisi
Been thanked: 0

artan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:03 am What a game by Rashica. Absolute class today and was responsible for all three goals. He has everything you want in a winger. Pace, dribbling ability, scoring threat and a good attitude. He created so many chances today it was amazing to watch. To me he's the best Albanian player (diaspora included) right now.

Kosova plays a very attractive brand but they play way too open. They leave their defenders on an island defensively and play with a high line. A better team is gonna take advantage of that. And it's not like the defenders were poor today, Rrahmani and Aliti did their jobs but again they play so open and with a high line that they get caught in way too many uncomfortable situations. Probably didn't help that Zhegrova is a lazy player who doesn't bother to track back, this guy will never amount to anything (despite being very talented) and should just focus on being a singer like his sister.

Central Midfield is an issue for them because Halimi and Voca can't control it. Halimi is very good technically but defensively he's kinda a liability defensively. And I honestly don't know about Voca. But this could be neutralized a bit if they put in a winger opposite of Rashica who can track back, we shit on Andi Lila but he has use sometimes. Sadiku and Rexhbecaj will be big upgrades if they ever join.

I also didn't like how Hadergjonaj didn't start. Apparently he's not starting regularly for his club is the reason but are you gonna really bench a premier league fullback who is clearly better than the guy who plays slightly more in Belgium? There's no comparison between Hadergjonaj and Vojvodna.

But this was a big win because they're learning how to win games.
IMO, less than Hadergjonaj not playing much in the last two months for his club, the reason he didn't start vs Montenegro and Bulgaria has to do with Challandes not wanting to risk the mood inside the locker room.

I'm more surprised with Anel Rashkaj not starting in midfield, that guy is Kukeli 2.0 and it's what Kosovo needs to play it simple, stay patient and not rush things when in ball possession.
Princ

What a player we lost on rashica.. he was in our fingertips and we let him slide away. What a shame and if he didn’t leave I guarantee some more of Kosovo’s current roster could be playing for us right now
artan

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 pm What a player we lost on rashica.. he was in our fingertips and we let him slide away. What a shame and if he didn’t leave I guarantee some more of Kosovo’s current roster could be playing for us right now
He even played for our u17, u19 and u21. If you don't give a player like that a chance, who was probably our best outfield player besides Hysaj at the time, what message does is it send to younger players?

It's crazy because he would have fit so well under Di Biasi's system. Do you remember how Valdet Rama carried us offensively back in the 2014 WC qualifiers, Rashica would have been like that but on steroids.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 pm What a player we lost on rashica.. he was in our fingertips and we let him slide away. What a shame and if he didn’t leave I guarantee some more of Kosovo’s current roster could be playing for us right now
They literally begged De Biasi to cap them, not only Rashica but also Zeneli. It was FSHF choice and we are facing consequences.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information