Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

AlMadman
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:05 pm
AlMadman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:19 pm Why don't you guys do some research before spewing this crap? Rrahmani is a starter for the best team in croatia, for a team that is pretty much steam rolling teams in their Europe League campaign, while on the other hand, Ismajli has only recently (last three matches) made a start for Hajduk, a midd table team.
Take your own advice. Rrahmani has 5/14 games with DZ. We remember him from Superliga. We're not making shit up. And Hajduk Split is historically the #2 team in Croatia.
What a muppet. You went from he can't make the bench to that. The matter of fact is, Rrahmani has missed a chunk of the first few league games for DZ, now he is pretty much a starter with the odd game out, and not mention the fact that he has started in their last three strait Europa League matches. As far as Hajduk Split being 'historically' a number 2 team in Croatia makes f*** all sense in this scenario, considering they are a midd table team at present time.
AlMadman

artan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pmThere’s only a few posters who hate on Rashica here. Even if he’s not playing much in Germany I think he’d be our best outfield player after Hysaj and maybe Xhaka. Some of us are just salty we lost him after the Euros.
My point was that certain people are labelling their skill/potential based on their choice of NT. Whether people think Rachica is good or bad, I can't comment, because personally I feel he has a lot to prove with Werder Bremen and he hasn't looked good with Kosova either, with the exception of the last two matches.
artan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pmAs for Rrahmani I don’t think he has the potential of Ismajli and that’s me being neutral. Rrahmani has been their first choice CB since 2016 so he kinda got penciled in and same with Aliti who’s been a starter since like 2017.
Potential is one thing, how good they are NOW is another thing. One plays for a far better team and a regular on european stage, while the other has still some catching up to do. Yes, I agree that he has potential to surpass Rrahmani no doubt, but only time will tell.

My only 'concern' with Rrahmani is that DZ has shifted him to right back, so this can go two ways 1. As soon as DZ find a new RB he will be benched 2. He develops as a right back and is a very good option for Kosova in case of an injury to Vojvoda.
artan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pmAnd it’s a shame that Kastrati chose Kosova since they have a logjam of attacking players. Our federations need to work together so we don’t poach players from each other that we don’t need, for example like if the FSHF would have hypothetically approached Muric a few months ago would have been useless considering we had Strakosha and Berisha.
I would agree with you if Albania was this tiny country with barely half a million population, and ZERO diaspora, and didn't have a football federation that was corrupt as f***. However, Albania is way larger than Kosova, has way more experiencing at being an independent FA, a league that has been exposed to international rules/standards for way, way longer and has a sizeable diaspora.

Remember, Kosova is not poaching Albanians from Albania, is the other way around. Kosovan FA has zero obligations to anyone, however, football lovers in Albania need to wake up and change things starting with their foootball federation all the way down to grass roots. Also, it also all comes down to personal choice of footballers. If someone feels they can get more playing time for Albania, they can choose to represent them, and I wish them the very best of luck.

Most of that also applies to Kosova, considering they cannot rely on the diaspora, sooner or later it will dry up. Nonetheless, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they a relatively new independent football nation, and the state of football was in shambles since the late 1970s up until two years ago. There's teams/municipalities that are already building stadiums, the youth teams have shown some success recently, with the u17 qualifying to the elite rounds, the u19s did the same prior to them, and the u21 had a decent campaign.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

AlMadman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:22 pm What a muppet. You went from he can't make the bench to that. The matter of fact is, Rrahmani has missed a chunk of the first few league games for DZ, now he is pretty much a starter with the odd game out, and not mention the fact that he has started in their last three strait Europa League matches. As far as Hajduk Split being 'historically' a number 2 team in Croatia makes f*** all sense in this scenario, considering they are a midd table team at present time.
Why don't you check DZ's last games? Last game = Rrahmani not even on the bench. The game before that = Not on the bench. The game before that = not even on the bench. Might as well start bragging that Abazaj is playing for Anderlecht.

Fluturoni me preshe ne bythe, fluturoni.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
AlMadman

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 pmWhy don't you check DZ's last games? Last game = Rrahmani not even on the bench. The game before that = Not on the bench. The game before that = not even on the bench. Might as well start bragging that Abazaj is playing for Anderlecht.
God Damn, aren't you stupid? Their last game was a friendly on the 17th (Rrahmani was on int. duty). The game prior to this was a league game which he missed, otherwise he has been involved in all the important matches. He played all the Europa League matches, the full 90 minutes against Fenerbahce (they thrashed them by 4 goals), Anderlecht(which they won 2-0 away), and both of the latest legs against Trnava(on both occasions they won).
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 pmFluturoni me preshe ne bythe, fluturoni.
Wtf has this got to do with anything I'm saying? In fact I'm not even praising Kosova.
Aurora Bulkualis

AlMadman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm God Damn, aren't you stupid? Their last game was a friendly on the 17th (Rrahmani was on int. duty).
How do my balls taste? Go back as long as you want.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielberi ... ht/3123154
artan

I want to see both NTs succeed. I don't want to see decent players like Kastrati, Celina, Kace, Avdijaj, etc, rot on the bench going forward. Our success is somewhat intertwined because our NT and leagues are so connected. NT success guarantees more prize money which can be used to improve infrastructure and the league. The Kosovar league is becoming more popular for domestic Albanian footballers and coaches and it can provide an opportunity for them like the Albanian Superliga has provided for domestic kosovars, despite how shitty the Albanian superliga is. The superliga is filled with Kosovar players who have increased the quality of play and were the reason Skenderbeu has been so dominant (match fixing aside). Rrahmani, Berisha, Ramdani, Muriqi, Gavazaj, Latifi, etc, came from the superliga and were sold abroad. I always applauded Skenderbeu and Partizani for signing players from Kosove and Maqedoni instead of going after Serbian goons like the other teams do. If the Kosovar super-league can produce the same thing for the Albanian NT (and for the Kosova NT) I'd be happy. And I think Kosovar teams will eventually start scouting in Albania and Macedonia due to the connections. But i'm going off topic here.

You're right about that. It is a bit unfair considering anyone with Albanian heritage can play for Albania while the same can't be said about Kosova. The FSHF are now even scouting players who may have Arberesh origin. I do wonder if a player that was born and raised in Albania can play for Kosova if he gets neutralized (not like there's any talents to neutralize anyway) or any Albanian for that matter? But I still think Kosova is in the better spot considering the fact Albania does not produce any players. Even the top rated youth players are either diaspora players (Kumballi) or Albanians from Kosova/Macedonia (Mucolli, Mala, Sahiti).

And I've been following some of the stadium developments. I was impressed with the number of stadiums being renovated/built. Maybe we should make a thread about it.

AlMadman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:05 pm
artan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pm
artan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pmAnd it’s a shame that Kastrati chose Kosova since they have a logjam of attacking players. Our federations need to work together so we don’t poach players from each other that we don’t need, for example like if the FSHF would have hypothetically approached Muric a few months ago would have been useless considering we had Strakosha and Berisha.
I would agree with you if Albania was this tiny country with barely half a million population, and ZERO diaspora, and didn't have a football federation that was corrupt as f***. However, Albania is way larger than Kosova, has way more experiencing at being an independent FA, a league that has been exposed to international rules/standards for way, way longer and has a sizeable diaspora.

Remember, Kosova is not poaching Albanians from Albania, is the other way around. Kosovan FA has zero obligations to anyone, however, football lovers in Albania need to wake up and change things starting with their foootball federation all the way down to grass roots. Also, it also all comes down to personal choice of footballers. If someone feels they can get more playing time for Albania, they can choose to represent them, and I wish them the very best of luck.

Most of that also applies to Kosova, considering they cannot rely on the diaspora, sooner or later it will dry up. Nonetheless, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they a relatively new independent football nation, and the state of football was in shambles since the late 1970s up until two years ago. There's teams/municipalities that are already building stadiums, the youth teams have shown some success recently, with the u17 qualifying to the elite rounds, the u19s did the same prior to them, and the u21 had a decent campaign.
AlMadman

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:02 am
AlMadman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm God Damn, aren't you stupid? Their last game was a friendly on the 17th (Rrahmani was on int. duty).
How do my balls taste? Go back as long as you want.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielberi ... ht/3123154
You keep proving me right. You keep proving to me that you are this salty little dude that cannot accept the truth.

Look at the pattern, he misses meaningless league games, where DZ rests players because they can play with their second team and still win the league. Not one of the Europa League matches missed, that speaks more than your odd games he misses the league.

Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am You guys don't think that this format is a massive joke? That you're able to qualify to the Euros by literally beating amateurs? Expanding the tournament was one thing and a lot of people debated whether it ruined the tournament but this is really taking the piss. Might as well let the whole continent qualify.

For decades Albania struggled to qualify because they had to beat teams like West Germany and shit like that but all of a sudden now you can qualify by beating the Faroes and Malta. It's so fvcked up.
Also because of Nations league they now removed the third seed in qualifier group being able to qualify for playoffs so they can make room for nations league qualifiers which lowers our chances even more. It’s ok though no problem, at least faroe gibraltar and Kosovo have a chance for qualification now 👍🏻
Aurora Bulkualis

I actually like that we're not going to the 4th league. I don't want to undeservedly go to EUROs and get completely destroyed. That 4th league risks being the embarrassment of the tournament.

Plus, playing against tougher teams exposes your weaknesses, and shows your true strengths. Against Spain all we do is park the bus, and San Marino & co doesn't test you. These mid-range teams are perfect for getting better as a team.
plisi

Kosova has massive potential to improve and could reach a whole different level come the fixture vs Macedonia in 2020.

That Muriqi kid looked more confident than Ujkani, Berisha and Strakosha ever did, with the ball at his feet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShpendThaci9 ... 2757873664

Zeneli will probably move to a better league if not this January then at last next summer. Avdijaj is rumourd to be under the watch of the top 3 in Holland.
  • Information