Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Apparently Platini has assured that Kosova will be granted FIFA membership and be entered into Group I for 2018 WC qualification. Group I is Croatia, Iceland, Turkey, Ukraine. I will try to find more sources later(at work rn) but I'm still skeptical about it. But it should be interesting to see if it does happen...
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote:Apparently Platini has assured that Kosova will be granted FIFA membership and be entered into Group I for 2018 WC qualification. Group I is Croatia, Iceland, Turkey, Ukraine. I will try to find more sources later(at work rn) but I'm still skeptical about it. But it should be interesting to see if it does happen...
Well that's an interesting development. Maybe we should have all of the current players for the NT switch to Kosova and they will have a better chance at qualifying :)
Dallku

Word is that Blatter promised that he'll give them a direct qualification to the world cup as an honorably member. They wont even have to play in the qualifiers. Also Platini promised them a 60k seater in Prishtina.
artan

Dallku wrote:Word is that Blatter promised that he'll give them a direct qualification to the world cup as an honorably member. They wont even have to play in the qualifiers. Also Platini promised them a 60k seater in Prishtina.
How is that even possible? That would mean some one spot in Europe or some other qualification region would be removed to make room for Kosova. It's not like the Euro Cup where they can adjust the amount of teams in the tournament. That stadium is going to be financed through some loan the government will have to take out with only 10% being financed by UEFA most likely. More debt for the state...
Dallku

^LOL

I was being sarcastic because this whole thing is totally unrealistic. They can't just add teams out of nowhere now that that the groups and calendars are officially settled and the FAs prepare for TV deals and other stuff. It's not ethical or professional. Ridiculous in many ways.

Of course the Kosovar FA will continue their BS.. they have lied for years.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

This is pretty far fetched. Maybe they'll be allowed for Euro 2020, but I can't see 2018 World Cup.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

This team will blow.
Plako

artan wrote:How is that even possible? That would mean some one spot in Europe or some other qualification region would be removed to make room for Kosova. It's not like the Euro Cup where they can adjust the amount of teams in the tournament. That stadium is going to be financed through some loan the government will have to take out with only 10% being financed by UEFA most likely. More debt for the state...

Please tell me you're not serious. I need to know.
Dallku

Plako wrote:

Please tell you're not serious. I need to know.[/quote]

My fault.. I should've exaggerated more. I should've said that Platini also promised that he'd make Fadil Vokrri UEFA president after he wins the FIFA election and also that Barack Obama promised that he'll give Kosovo 70% of USA's budget.
Plako

Dallku wrote:My fault.. I should've exaggerated more. I should've said that Platini also promised that he'd make Fadil Vokrri UEFA president after he wins the FIFA election and also that Barack Obama promised that he'll give Kosovo 70% of USA's budget.
I don't think you need to exaggerate more. only asked because he could have been playing along. It's hard to tell on the internet :)
  • Information