[Road to EURO 2016- 04/09/2015] Denmark vs Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Berti
Team: Leeds

I know this may sound stupid but it's like a Pele/Maradona discussion vs Messi. Could they do it in modern football with less space and higher fitness levels?
My opinion is that the the likes of Kushta, Demollari, Pano, Kola, Minga even would have flourished in present conditions. They had 0 help in developing their talents therefore it was all natural. If anything their nation and clubs did everything to destroy their talents. They had that little success due to sheer desire. Their diet was buke, djathe e fasule while today's players have a nutritionist doctor. Most of the time we played with the opponents spare kits and boots. And without even mentioning the mental pressure they were receiving. So judge them not too harshly.
The present NT is a product of recent hardships off field in regards to our ethnic problems that have culminated in providing it on the field. It's been identified as the only place we can be together and that is giving people a sense of belonging and as a result demanding 110% as it is to be cherished. No point comparing player by player as that's just not logical as we don't know what the elder generation would have done under the current climate. They gave us certain joy at times when it was needed far more than today, so I for one am grateful and will not bash
Plako
Team: Partizani

Berti wrote:I know this may sound stupid but it's like a Pele/Maradona discussion vs Messi. Could they do it in modern football with less space and higher fitness levels?
My opinion is that the the likes of Kushta, Demollari, Pano, Kola, Minga even would have flourished in present conditions. They had 0 help in developing their talents therefore it was all natural. If anything their nation and clubs did everything to destroy their talents. They had that little success due to sheer desire. Their diet was buke, djathe e fasule while today's players have a nutritionist doctor. Most of the time we played with the opponents spare kits and boots. And without even mentioning the mental pressure they were receiving. So judge them not too harshly.
The present NT is a product of recent hardships off field in regards to our ethnic problems that have culminated in providing it on the field. It's been identified as the only place we can be together and that is giving people a sense of belonging and as a result demanding 110% as it is to be cherished. No point comparing player by player as that's just not logical as we don't know what the elder generation would have done under the current climate. They gave us certain joy at times when it was needed far more than today, so I for one am grateful and will not bash
I watched pretty much all of the games of that generation in Qemal Stafa and to this day when I look back all I remember is my heart broken into pieces watching those guys play. They were masters of finding ways how to lose. Of course I cherish the moments I watched them play and will never bash them. The last game I watched live was in 2001 when we lost on a Klose 87' minute in Leverkusen. This new generation is giving us a reason to enjoy our football again. There used to be a time when I would bet on Albania losing so I could ease my pain. It was terrible.

In the end results matter. I'd kill for a 1-0 against Germany over losing 2-1 and playing great.
Berti
Team: Leeds

Plako. Totally agree. They broke our heart every time. Sometimes on purpose as some of those playing would be betting themselves. But what I'm trying to say is that our priorities them days were different. And players priorities too and playing unfortunately wasn't one of them.
Now we are disappointed with an away draw at Denmark. Never thought I'd live the day
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
artan wrote: The point we had more players in top leagues because of Skela, Lala and?
Besnik Hasi? Edvin Murati? Murati was a midifielder and scored 30 meter free kicks against Switzerland, and goals against Greece right after they won Euros. Even mediocre defenders like Aliaj could score 40 meter free kicks. A midfield of Skela, Lala, Hasi, Murati is much better than we have now. Ffs, we're just above San Marino in passes completed. And we wanted Bogdani out because he was 36 and without a club, but the fact that he lasted that long was a testament to his quality. He's our all time top scorer ffs and 1 goal every 4 appearances. Cika has 0 goals in 10 appearances.

It's like some people can't compartmentalize and see the bad and good in different squads; they're either 99%/100% better or completely worse.

P.S. Cana was of "that" generation. Marseilles Cana >>>>> Lazio/Nantes Cana

Again you're using individual moments these guys had in their career to prove their point. It would be like in 10 years people arguing that Bekim Balaj was a better striker than the current crop because he scored the stunning goal in a crucial away qualifying game against Portugal. Or like saying Roshi was able to give the best defenders in Europe nightmares with some of his performances with the NT despite him being a bench player in Croatia..

As for that passing stat it's a bit skewed since we played 1 1/2 games less than the other teams for the most part. Not only that we play a different system in the years past. We high press, defend and have a very uptemo/direct attack when we get the ball. We don't try to build possession because it's not our strong suite. I'm sure if we had a more offensive coach we could play "tiki-taka" too and still lose 3-0 but atleast we looked good and played "fearless"!

And yes Bogdani was better than any striker we currently have I'm not trying to argue that but at the last few years of his career he was criticized harshly by the fans(Especially before DB came)..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: We high press, defend and have a very uptemo/direct attack when we get the ball. We don't try to build possession because it's not our strong suite.
What attack?? We can't even counter properly, let alone play tiki taka. Most of our goals are some freak shot wonder goals. The Armenia game was the only time we had a relatively decent offensive plan, and it was mainly because they turned off after goal and their defenders are terrible.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

I'm going to lock this thread soon. It has been derailed and we got a big game to focus on.
Zemi
Team: Albanian NT and Arsenal!

Artan dropped mad knowledge. Shut this shit down real quick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

We lost a great left back and nobody gives a *****, Durmisi is shinning again today and it is by far the best Denmark player.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ZenMaster wrote:We lost a great left back and nobody gives a *****, Durmisi is shinning again today and it is by far the best Denmark player.
Thought he never wanted to play for us so why bother? His last interview in Danish media he said : I wanna play , i speak their language because i was born in Macedonia . Lol

Sent from www.albanianfootballforum.com
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dragoi wrote:
ZenMaster wrote:We lost a great left back and nobody gives a *****, Durmisi is shinning again today and it is by far the best Denmark player.
Thought he never wanted to play for us so why bother? His last interview in Danish media he said : I wanna play , i speak their language because i was born in Macedonia . Lol

Sent from http://www.albanianfootballforum.com
Ylli Aga said that Shpetim Duro have suggested him to the FSHF but seems there was no interest about him.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information