[Road to EURO 2016- 07/09/2015] Albania vs Portugal

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Let's get real here. The 3 points from Serbia we didn't earn on the field. The rest is just 8 points from parking the bus hardcore and creating very little chances with amazing luck. Any other campaign it would have been like 4-5 points. We're like San Marino on steroids.

Apart from our defenders who are decent-ish, the rest of the players are horrible. Roshi is the best player and he's benched in Croatian league.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Berti wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Berti wrote: We are only a win away from qualifying.
If Denmark win their last game, not even 4 points from last 2 games are enough.
Can't see Denmark win in Portugal. Even a draw wouldn't suffice for them. A win is all we need
I can. Portugal doesn't need this last win. They're in. They can play a half-assed game against Denmark.

We need to win both remaining games.
Dallku

Denamrk will win in Portugal. Portugal is the most pathetic team in Europe when they are not motivated. Even today in a must win game they looked disinterested.
liti1144

I think we deserved what was coming to us. We could see the same vulnerability from set pieces against Denmark. The wings and striker were many times too far from the team and didn't have the usual compactness. My question is, knowing how well we've played with a defensive system against teams life France, Portugal ect. then why out of the blue change to on offensive formation? These two matches were maybe one of the two worst games of our team this year, and this sudden change of tactics did it all. If we sticked with our usual hard defensive scheme everything would flow much smoother and we wouldn't have many problems we had these two last games. So why didn't we stick with out usual defensive tactics? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Mbreti i Kosoves

Serbs are going to a be a tough match even at home. You know those fuckers want nothing more than to see us not qualify.
Aurora Bulkualis

Most likely outcome is Denmark gets a point. We get 2 points, and Denmark qualifies. We're most likely out once we hit play-offs.

De Biasi needs to go away after this campaign. We can't play this type of football every game. We need to beg Avdijaj, take risks and emulate Iceland.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

1.Denmark has a life or death match against Portugal.
2. Portugal has two matches to play unlike our SS journalist say cause they'll play Denmark at home and Serbia away.
3. We won't win in Armenia . The two key matches are on 8th of october!

If we beat Serbia with Denmark winning or drawing Portugal then we qualify.
Aurora Bulkualis

Dragoi wrote: If we beat Serbia with Denmark winning or drawing Portugal then we qualify.
We're not going to beat Serbia. Best case scenario we lead by 1-0, and they equalize last few minutes.

These players don't have the balls to handle high pressure games.
Minotti

Nothing that hasnt been said already. I was always sceptical to De Biasis bunkering football but at some point it made sense cause he used two very pacey wingers in lenjani and roshi. He changed that and we got a mish mash of something we dont understand. Gashi is a luxury for a team like ours when we want to play counter attack. Unless he is the lone striker...

Also, no idea what Abrashi has on De Biasi. Must be a long lost son or just his man crush cause I cant see any logical explanation behind him.

Oh and gjimshiti really is average at best. I always thought that Hysaj was awkward going forward, but gjimshiti is even worse. And all that height and still so damn slow... Amazing feat really!

Tbh we were incredibly lucky and though I feel for everyone I cant help but think that this was the right result. We only had cikalleshis freak shot that was dangerous and even that was because it deflected on Pepe.

We play to defend and nothing else. I knew we wouldnt score. Same against Denmark and if we have the same approach we wont score against the serbs either. Losing against them will be the most unbearable thing to withstand...
KF.KORAB

Dragoi wrote:1.Denmark has a life or death match against Portugal.
2. Portugal has two matches to play unlike our SS journalist say cause they'll play Denmark at home and Serbia away.
3. We won't win in Armenia . The two key matches are on 8th of october!

If we beat Serbia with Denmark winning or drawing Portugal then we qualify.
You mean Portugal winning or drawing Denmark?

3 points are enough if Denmark draw in Portugal

2 points are enough if Denmark lose.
  • Information