What we learned from Denmark vs Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

liti1144
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ZenMaster wrote:We have tried Xhaka as winger against Armenia and we lost 1-0 in the first half. Xhaka played as central midfielder in second half and had fantastic second half. Hysaj does better job as right back than Xhaka so we should always play our players in their favorite positions. I don't like Agolli and i want Mavraj to be back soon as possible because we suffer without him in defense. We have better organization with him on field and we can keep the possession more longer, his passing accuracy is very high. I would like to see Djimsiti against Ronaldo and it would be amazing to have another clean sheet against Portugal.
Hey ZenMaster, heard a lot of great things about you. Pleasure to be exchanging ideas.

I think Xhaka as a winger depends on the opposition as well. I mean he is a defensive minded player for the most part. He would be much more effective in that position if we were playing someone stronger then Armenia I think. But I would only use him on the wing on rare occasions, central area is where he strives most.
Agolli is that sort of player who can either deliver multiple pinpoint crosses; exactly where the striker needs it while keeping a top class defensive composure OR the other side of him, which isn't all that impressive. It ultimately depends what mood he's in. He was on fire against Armenia remember? Maybe Aliji would be a good sub in case he's on his bad day's?
Mavraj is obviously a big loss, I think he has it all for a defender. Hopefully him n' Hysaj will be back soon.
I still remain curious as to how Gym will handle Ronaldo. Not only that, but most importantly how he'll cope with his team mates. Hysaj popping up on the sheet would be a pleasant surprise though.
Berti
Team: Leeds

Good analysis but there's a huge problem with our bunkering formation. All goes to the bin if we conceded first. Than we are left chasing shadows in our own half. There has to be a home formation and an away formation. Kace has to start, we ruin his confidence too if he doesn't feel wanted although he is young and will have plenty of chances. Xhaka and Kace have to start in midfield, don't care about the others as they all are equal and do exactly the same job. Roshi may be a headless chicken and can frustrate us but he is our Forrest Gump who runs for no particular reason and that scares opponents :). Let's not dwell over Cikaleshi or Balaj as any goal we score is not gonna be over skill. Apart from the Portugal goal all others have been fans sucking the ball in. (Not counting Kace's against France). Whatever DB is doing is working as we have 0 attackers. Against Portugal Hysaj and Roshi would be essential in order for us to have a chance against Ronaldo. He'll even Xhaka on the right side of the centre just to be sure. We've learned so far this campaign that they are a one man team
liti1144

I don't think the bunkering system has too many side effects and when compared with our alternative possesion-attacking formation, bunkering is always proven better. Just look at the fixtures since our game with portugal. We've done pretty well this with formation and we've conceded much fewer goals this way, and have been much more of a threat. It's playing in attack that will make us concede goals. It's counter-intuitive, but if we bunker more we have better chances of attack. That's how it's been. The match with france (away) is a perfect example of this.

Watch this match if you wish: http://www.matchhighlight.com/full-matc ... l-matches/

Look at that 10 man defense, and look at how many chances were created in the first 5-15 minutes alone. It is the best we have ever done compared to our attacking (pula ka kry) formation. Extremely effective against bigger teams. This should be the only obvious tactic we should use against bigger teams. My dilemma lies in playing with smaller or equal teams. We've seriously had more trouble playing small teams.

As for Roshi, I don't know why the fans are giving him so much criticism over his last minute attempt on denmark. Basha was clearly not open and the best option for him was to strike directly. He needs to start this game though.
Berti
Team: Leeds

We will never get rid of bunkers in Albania :)
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

liti1144 wrote:
ZenMaster wrote:We have tried Xhaka as winger against Armenia and we lost 1-0 in the first half. Xhaka played as central midfielder in second half and had fantastic second half. Hysaj does better job as right back than Xhaka so we should always play our players in their favorite positions. I don't like Agolli and i want Mavraj to be back soon as possible because we suffer without him in defense. We have better organization with him on field and we can keep the possession more longer, his passing accuracy is very high. I would like to see Djimsiti against Ronaldo and it would be amazing to have another clean sheet against Portugal.
Hey ZenMaster, heard a lot of great things about you. Pleasure to be exchanging ideas.

I think Xhaka as a winger depends on the opposition as well. I mean he is a defensive minded player for the most part. He would be much more effective in that position if we were playing someone stronger then Armenia I think. But I would only use him on the wing on rare occasions, central area is where he strives most.
Agolli is that sort of player who can either deliver multiple pinpoint crosses; exactly where the striker needs it while keeping a top class defensive composure OR the other side of him, which isn't all that impressive. It ultimately depends what mood he's in. He was on fire against Armenia remember? Maybe Aliji would be a good sub in case he's on his bad day's?
Mavraj is obviously a big loss, I think he has it all for a defender. Hopefully him n' Hysaj will be back soon.
I still remain curious as to how Gym will handle Ronaldo. Not only that, but most importantly how he'll cope with his team mates. Hysaj popping up on the sheet would be a pleasant surprise though.
Welcome to the forum bro

It is true that Agolli can deliver pinpoint crosses but he can do that only against Armenia and last campaign he did it against Cyprus. I don't think he can make 7 crosses against Portugal or against any decent opponent, so i would prefer Djimsiti to take his place against Portugal because he is more stronger physically and can do better job defensively. I prefer albanians who grow up abroad over players as Agolli,Curri,Lila etc only because they are stronger mentally and i believe that's why we are taking consecutive positive results.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Ari

I am with you ZenMaster I would start Djimsiti over Agolli .
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Berti wrote:We will never get rid of bunkers in Albania :)
+1
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

+2
  • Information