Albanian Rise; Top Story of Fifa's "The Weekly"

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Pjetër

Cool story. It's always nice to read level headed comments about the Albanian national team as opposed to the nonsense we're normally exposed to.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Albanian Damien wrote:https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... eutral.PDF

I thought you guys might enjoy this :D
Thanks. Great read.

I think GDB hit the nail in the head with this comment: "In my experience, I’ve observed that Albanian footballers have an inherent tendency to be content with the level they’ve reached. The boys are not accustomed to looking ahead and setting themselves higher targets: this is still the most important thing that we try to work on constantly. The idea that I try to instil in my boys is not to rest on their achievements but to always be hungry to grow and try to improve their own learning path."
vata10

So much noise for so little, Iceland now that's an impressive rise!

I think everyone is trying to truly jinx our lucky run by overrating us.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

totti10 wrote:So much noise for so little, Iceland now that's an impressive rise!

I think everyone is trying to truly jinx our lucky run by overrating us.
Agreed. We are getting overrated for getting results in the first half of qualification in an ugly fashion. We still aren't even qualified.

Meanwhile a team like Iceland is taking teams to school.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Estonia finished 2nd last time and would have qualified using the new format. Their players are almost semi-pro.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information