Albania at EURO 2016

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Blochin wrote:You guys are awesome!

Thanks so much for your great help!!
Looks like Plako made your job easy. :)

And please post the article here whenever it's published.

Just to add something, Cana wasn't the only player who chose Albania over the nation that developed him. I'd say Kace chose Albania over Greece. I believe M. Basha could have played a few games for Switzerland but chose Albania.

And imo, with the recent success, players are choosing Albania much earlier and not waiting around to see if they can get a cap for Switzerland/Germany or whoever else. For instance, I believe Mavraj chose Albania when he was 27. Now we have Xhimshiti who was capped at 22.
artan

Different mentality back then. FSHF didn't bother bringing in diaspora talents and it wasn't until Di Biasi was hired that they all started to come because he knew he couldn't win with Gjergi Muzaka and Gabon Lila as his wingers. Could have probably got Rama, Gjasula and some of those other players much earlier if there was an effort made.
AlexAlb
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Guys is there any chance Tarashaj will play for Albania?
He really looks like a striker we need in our team.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote:Different mentality back then. FSHF didn't bother bringing in diaspora talents and it wasn't until Di Biasi was hired that they all started to come because he knew he couldn't win with Gjergi Muzaka and Gabon Lila as his wingers. Could have probably got Rama, Gjasula and some of those other players much earlier if there was an effort made.

Cana at Procesi Sportiv on monday said that he was sad that Granit Xhaka didn't join our national team because he was willing to do so but the FA wasn't ready to open procedures to give him citizenship and change his status in FIFA (probably the FA didn't want to spend money for the lawers ectt)
Albo_eagle

AlexAlb wrote:Guys is there any chance Tarashaj will play for Albania?
He really looks like a striker we need in our team.
I hope so, he has played for the Swiss U21's while we played against Armenia. Best Albanian striker around at the moment so hopefully.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dragoi wrote:Cana at Procesi Sportiv on monday said that he was sad that Granit Xhaka didn't join our national team because he was willing to do so but the FA wasn't ready to open procedures to give him citizenship and change his status in FIFA (probably the FA didn't want to spend money for the lawers ectt)
Yeah I feel bad for Granit too, especially now that Taulant plays for us you can see how much it pains him. Xherdan is another loss and he seems to actually care, especially after what he posted recently on FB. I don't really care losing Behrami and Januzaj tbh.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Indeed Januzaj will be remembered as a benchwarmer at Belgium at best. He could've been a king but it's better that way because we already have THE KING with capital letters in Lorik Cana and noone might get his place in what he stands for as a patriot, person, player :)
Dallku

Lol at De Biasi flirting with Greece http://www.sport24.gr/football/Euro/Eur ... 16599.html

He's saying that he's very interested to coach them after the Euros.
Albo_eagle

Dallku wrote:Lol at De Biasi flirting with Greece http://www.sport24.gr/football/Euro/Eur ... 16599.html

He's saying that he's very interested to coach them after the Euros.
Aftwe we're done at the Euro's they can have him as it seems it is likely he will leave to try and further his career.

For Sit Ergun: "he's a great player and very important for us, but did not play in the last game because we had found a balance in midfield. When a team goes very well is not so easy to keep changing the balance." I'm guessing this is about Kace.

If a good new manager comes in with players such as Avdijaj, Kace, Hysaj, Manaj and Tarashaj the future looks good. It would be a very good team for Besnik Has to take over.
Albo_eagle

“Unë jam shqiptar dhe po më dëgjon që flas rrjedhshëm gjuhen amtare. Dëshira ime është që të luaj me Kombëtaren e Shqipërisë por jo gjithçka varet nga unë. Të shikojmë se çfarë do të ndodh”, - Donis Avdijaj

This was the last thing Avdijaj said about his national team future back in March. We now have the leverage to pull him in and start a bright future for our national team. If this boy fulfils his potential then we will have one of the worlds best. To be fair to him since he's been on load in Austria it's looked like he's put his head down and is working hard. 2 goals and 4 assists this season in 8 games i think is good.
  • Information