Pots announced....Easiest and Toughest Group

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

I think Romania is far stronger than Hungary. Hungary is technically a dream draw from pot 3 but of course no team is easy at this stage.

Hungary is even less talented than Albania.. if they seem to be better in counter attacks that's only because of De Biasi. Even Malta counter attacks better than Albania though so it doesn't say much.
artan

What we'll get:
Germany, Italy, Poland, Wales..

As long as we avoid Poland(pot 3) which is a borderline pot 1, Wales in pot 4 I'll be content.

Pot 1 I think we all should want Portugal as our team has great results against them for whatever reason.. Russia under Capello were very limited and almost as defensive as us, that may have changed with his sacking. I would want them in pot 2. I would like Slovakia in pot 3 as their strikers are weak but from what I heard they play a very high pressing style, kinda useless to press players like Lila and Sadiku...
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

artan wrote:What we'll get:
Germany, Italy, Poland, Wales..

As long as we avoid Poland(pot 3) which is a borderline pot 1, Wales in pot 4 I'll be content.

Pot 1 I think we all should want Portugal as our team has great results against them for whatever reason.. Russia under Capello were very limited and almost as defensive as us, that may have changed with his sacking. I would want them in pot 2. I would like Slovakia in pot 3 as their strikers are weak but from what I heard they play a very high pressing style, kinda useless to press players like Lila and Sadiku...
well you can sleep easy knowing 100% we won't get whales :mrgreen:
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

According to transfermarkt, Hungary is the only team in EUROs whose squad's value is less than Albania's. We're tied with Northern Ireland and Iceland.

I know market value =/= skill, but any semi-decent player nowadays has astronomically high prices, and they don't have any.
artan wrote: Pot 1 I think we all should want Portugal as our team has great results against them for whatever reason.
Against "technical" teams, anti-footballers can make good use of their physique. Most teams nowadays are good physically, and it's hard to be consistent against them. But Portugal is not physical, and they're not that technical either if you think about it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
vata10

Portugal/France
Switzerland/Russia
Hungary
KF.KORAB

Guys France is probably the worst draw we can get, yes we did beat them in Albania and drew in France but it's not the same France now... They have new faces in the team with some powerfull youngsters Martial, Coman, Digne, Some other former players are also back in strong form in the squad like Ben Arfa, Lassana Diarra, Gignac etc...
Also being the hosts in this kind of competition is always a big up.

France is the only team i don't want in our group.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

KF.KORAB wrote:Guys France is probably the worst draw we can get, yes we did beat them in Albania and drew in France but it's not the same France now... They have new faces in the team with some powerfull youngsters Martial, Coman, Digne, Some other former players are also back in strong form in the squad like Ben Arfa, Lassana Diarra, Gignac etc...

Yeah the Pot 1 team in our group is guaranteed going through. So it doesn't matter which one we get.

As for the other two pots. These are the only teams I wish to avoid:

Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Italy, Croatia.

The Croats, Swiss and Italians all have better teams than us. The Poles have Lewandoski and Swedes have Ibra. Two players I hope to avoid. Other than that, I couldn't care less who we get. Teams will feel more pressure playing us than vice versa hopefully. That should play into our advantage.

My dream group:

Germany (I just want to see what this team would look like matched up the world champs)
Russia (just to see the look on their faces if they lost to us)
Hungary (we could easily steal their spot)
vata10

KF.KORAB wrote:Guys France is probably the worst draw we can get, yes we did beat them in Albania and drew in France but it's not the same France now... They have new faces in the team with some powerfull youngsters Martial, Coman, Digne, Some other former players are also back in strong form in the squad like Ben Arfa, Lassana Diarra, Gignac etc...

Yeah! Best example being Brazil-Croatia in WC2014 at how one sided the refereeing was.

I'd like to draw France only for the fact that we could be opening the tournament. And it would make everybody watch it. Selfish I know, but fvk it. I want everyone worldwide to suffer :D
Shemy
Team: Albania NT, LFC, HSV

KF.KORAB wrote:Easiest : Portugal, Ukraine, Hungary

Toughest : England, Italy, Poland.

I want this : Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Rep, Albania

Teams with offensive mind, wich put us in a must play situation, that's the best we can do for the Euro 2016 and give all the best we can and show to the world we can play football i don't want Italy-Albania with defensive minds and then Italian experience win at the end, De Biasi style.
Wouldn't say Ukraine is easiest they would be a pretty tough opponent, got class wingers in konoplyanka and yarmolenko, you can assume hysaj will play good against one of them but the other would just run circles around agolli and stretch out the defense leading to man marking situations which I believe is a weak point of ours

From pot 3 I would like to avoid Poland and Sweden, any other team we could do well against
  • Information