Who will join us for the WC Qual 2018?

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Yeah but RA doesn't have much of a diaspora...even Hysaj technically is "home grown". Mostly a bunch of primavera kids that will never get anywhere. Maybe we can get an Aliji here and there from the Iliridans, but that's it.
I think 1/3 of RA population lives abroad. We don't have a long history of migration like Albanians from former Yugoslavia have since they have migrated since the 1960's but our diaspora in Italy and Greece alone is over 1M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say most Albos from Greece have returned in the last 10 years. Its not like Greece is producing any good players themselves. For Itsly their youth development sucks. I expect one or two pepinos but I dont see great potential there. If anything I think home grown players who move abroad at 16/17 will be our best players.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Plako wrote:Bersant Celina just assisted on an Aguero goal in City's 3-1 loss to City. He subbed on for David Silva. Surely the hottest Albanian prospect at the moment I'd think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He looked good in the Kosovo friendly. Technical player..
KF.KORAB
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dallku wrote: I'm pretty confident about the future of Albanian football with Kosovo or no Kosovo.
With Kosovan National team we are dead, actually it's the Albanians from Kosova who promoted Albania at this position. If we start to get more and more little countries and start to be separated it's very bad. If Montenegro wasn't independant from Serbia, you think Beqiraj would have gone playing for Serbia&Montenegro??? Never...

If Albanians would have boycotted the FYROM national team at the beggining, then there wouldn't be so much Albanians right now there, fortunately they don't worth much except Ademi but he fucked up now.

I pray for that Kosovo will never get any official team recognized by UEFA/FIFA. We must be united and leave Kosovo as Catalonia, Basque County do only for fun friendlies and veteran players.
Albo_eagle

KF.KORAB wrote:
Dallku wrote: I'm pretty confident about the future of Albanian football with Kosovo or no Kosovo.
With Kosovan National team we are dead, actually it's the Albanians from Kosova who promoted Albania at this position. If we start to get more and more little countries and start to be separated it's very bad. If Montenegro wasn't independant from Serbia, you think Beqiraj would have gone playing for Serbia&Montenegro??? Never...

If Albanians would have boycotted the FYROM national team at the beggining, then there wouldn't be so much Albanians right now there, fortunately they don't worth much except Ademi but he fucked up now.

I pray for that Kosovo will never get any official team recognized by UEFA/FIFA. We must be united and leave Kosovo as Catalonia, Basque County do only for fun friendlies and veteran players.
I also hope Kosova is never given a national team. The last thing needed is another thing dividing Albania with it's own land.
andi2410

Does anyone know if Celina is open to playing for Albania? I mean if he's getting some playing time at City at 19, must have potential no? I'm surprised not many people talk about him. Januzaj became such a big deal.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

andi2410 wrote:Does anyone know if Celina is open to playing for Albania? I mean if he's getting some playing time at City at 19, must have potential no? I'm surprised not many people talk about him. Januzaj became such a big deal.
De Biasi mentioned him in an interview yesterday. He will get the players that qualified Albania and probably during next qualifiers Rashica, Manaj, Celina and co could have a shot.
andi2410

Hopefully these young guys don't commit to other national teams in the meantime because they get pissed off for being left out of the Euros (Celina for Kosovo/Norway, Zeneli for Sweden, Avdijaj for Germany etc).
KF.KORAB

andi2410 wrote:Hopefully these young guys don't commit to other national teams in the meantime because they get pissed off for being left out of the Euros (Celina for Kosovo/Norway, Zeneli for Sweden, Avdijaj for Germany etc).
At least Celina can't be called up for Euro as Norway is not.
Avdijaj has like 1% chances being called up with Germany
But i'm afraid Sweden calls-up Zeneli and Switzerland calls-up Tarashaj, Kamberi and Hadergjonaj.
Dallku

andi2410 wrote:Does anyone know if Celina is open to playing for Albania? I mean if he's getting some playing time at City at 19, must have potential no? I'm surprised not many people talk about him. Januzaj became such a big deal.
Celina is pretty talented but not Januzaj talent. Januzaj is a mega talent but his weak mentality/lack of motivation is getting the best of him. Even Dortmund's coach called him out saying that he has all the talent in the world but he's not motivated to earn his stripes. With that kind of father he has it's no surprise eh??

Celina is pretty decent but not sure if he's a Manchester City or a top club level talent. Need to see more of him .. Last I heard he was very committed to play for Kosovo. Not sure if he would accept Albania's callup but I doubt Norway is much of a threat.
artan

Celina seems very committed to the Kosova team. Both he and his dad said he likes how he's the center piece for the Kosova NT. I'm sure we could atleast get him in the fold for the Euros but I don't think DB is even interested in these guys. He doesn't want to shake things up and more importantly he wants players with "experience". To him a guy like Zeneli is not experienced enough while Andi Lila, a bench player for a midtable Greek side, is a borderline starter. DB may have plans for these guys after the Euros but sometimes you can't play the waiting game for young talents whether they merit a call up or not.. You just got to do it.

Even though I've never seen Zeneli play I know you just have to call up him because if we don't then he'll commit to Sweden(i've said the same about Avdijaj 2 years ago). Not to mention there's a strong case that Rashica and Zeneli are better than any winger we currently have.

There's still too much nepotism in the NT for my liking. That's starting to change under GDB but it's still there.

BTW, What happened to other City prospect Sinan Bytqi? Looks like he just came back from a serious injury and last year he made some appearances in Holland before getting hurt. Might be a player for the 2018 campaign.
  • Information