Albanian language/football question

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Brother you picked the wrong place to get serious/useful/truthful answers.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Guys, that's not a way to treat a guest.

Rich, I will provide detailed answers to all your questions when I get a bit time off as I am pretty tied up at work these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erik
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

languageoffootball wrote:I'd be particularly interested, for example, if there are any phrases or cliches relating to football that you guys have. Like in English you can say 'it's a game of two halves' or you can describe football as 'the beautiful game', or you can talk about a player getting 'nutmegged', that kind of thing.
The answers given after you posted this are just tongue in cheek so just ignore them. :|

Later this evening I'll pm you with serious detailed answers to all your questions. :D
languageoffootball

That's great - I didn't know that. Thanks.

Are there any other interesting/unusual football phrases in Albanian? Here are a few in English:
  • he couldn't hit a barn door with a beach ball (about a bad striker)
  • he has ghosted into the box (about a player who moved into the box without being noticed)
  • it's a game of two halves (about a game in which one team was on top in the first half, and then the other team was on top in the second)
Thanks!
  • Information