[Friendly 26/03/16] Austria - Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Albo_eagle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Agolli is part of the Bulku and Vila era. He cannot start anymore. Aliji is not his replacement as he never plays for club, Lenjani is.
artan

Albo_eagle wrote:Agolli is part of the Bulku and Vila era. He cannot start anymore. Aliji is not his replacement as he never plays for club, Lenjani is.
To me Lenjani needs to play as a LW as he's our most creative offensive player and I'm not sure how he'll stand up defensively when we are bunkering near our goal facing an offensive onslaught from the French attack. But maybe having Roshi as a LW to help Lenjani cope with the defensive duties and Rashica on the right flank could work.

But I still think Lenjani needs to play as a winger as he makes things happen and I'm not saying that because he scored yesterday, I've said this the whole campaign. He's a talented player.
Rodon

artan wrote:Good post Baloz and I somewhat agree with Agolli. I'm normally defending him and rave about his offensive ability but it's clear now that he struggles offensively against the top teams. Against better squads he gets nervous as he doesn't have the time on the ball like he does against a team like Armenia and either panics or loses possession. It's starting to get frustrating.

First half was a bit weird as we weren't pressing and we were sitting back defensively. Maybe because it's a friendly but pressing is what got us here.

But I'm actually kind of glad we lose. This team plays better when there's no expectations. Lose all the friendlies until the competition begins and then we surprise some teams in the Euros. That's how it normally works for us.
Absolutely.
In the first half at one point when we had some possession I must have counted something like 5 passes in a row to Mavraj everytime when he was confronted by the Austrian guy.
Poor Lenjani was never served.
Extremely irritating to say the least, but it's not like the guy has any choices because his technique is what it is.
Dallku

Been complaining about the 4 fullback system for years but I've given up because that's who De Biasi is and doesn't look like changing. Wouldn't hate the idea of Lenjani as a LB. Agolli is definitely better than Aliji though.
Albo_eagle

Lenjani looks like a super winger because we play full backs on the wing, and if we do not we have Roshi (who has no idea what to do on the ball) and a very slow Gashi who has no use in a counter attacking team. That is why it looks like Lenjani has to be on the wing.

However with player like Rashica and Avdijaj, Lenjani should play at LB.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

I missed the game, does anyone have any highlights?
art@n

Genti wrote:I missed the game, does anyone have any highlights?
Catch the replay on ESPN3.com.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Mavraj explained that it was Cana who told him to let the ball for the keeper.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

We are doing same mistake with Hysaj as armenians do with Mkhitaryan, it is fucking stupid and ridiculous.Hysaj is doing very good at Napoli and has potential to improve but i really doubt that he will ever become world class player. Albanian media should fucking stop the hype because will destroy relationship of fans with Hysaj, people will start to blame him that he is not performing with national team and that he is cares only for Napoli. Albania doesn't have Allan,Callejon and Higuain so it is utopic to pretend that should have same level of performances with national team.
Kuqaloshi maoist
andi2410

Does anyone have a link to the full game? I didn't have a chance to watch it.
  • Information