[Friendly 26/03/16] Austria - Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

andi2410 wrote:Does anyone have a link to the full game? I didn't have a chance to watch it.
It's a tad laggy @ times

aPNnbEkxds4
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Rodon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ZenMaster wrote:Mavraj explained that it was Cana who told him to let the ball for the keeper.
Another of Cana's brainfart lol
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Baloz wrote:
ZenMaster wrote:Mavraj explained that it was Cana who told him to let the ball for the keeper.
I saw the game again and to be honest i am not very worried about second goal, that kind of mistake happens once in 100 matches but it is first goal worries me more. I believe the reason why we could not cope with Austria pressing it was because Balaj is too soft and he wasn't even trying to fight for the ball when our defense was clearing it so that's why was impossible for us to push forward in the first minutes. I have impression with Cikaleshi on field it would been impossible for Austria to keep us for 20 minutes on our own half.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote:
Baloz wrote:
I saw the game again and to be honest i am not very worried about second goal, that kind of mistake happens once in 100 matches but it is first goal worries me more. I believe the reason why we could not cope with Austria pressing it was because Balaj is too soft and he wasn't even trying to fight for the ball when our defense was clearing it so that's why was impossible for us to push forward in the first minutes. I have impression with Cikaleshi on field it would been impossible for Austria to keep us for 20 minutes on our own half.
Yeah Cika's pressing is fantastic and he most definitely will be a starter in France. As for the first 20 minutes we will definitely be kept in our own half against France and potentially against the Swiss.
andi2410
Has thanked: 0

Thanks for the link. Watched the game. Balaj is trash. For the type of system we play, we need a big strong target who can hold the ball, and give the team a chance to push forward. Balaj is far too weak, far too low IQ to be that presence up top. Cika is the best we have and he's actually decent at it.

I was very impressed with Xhaka and Kace. I think both have to be locks for the middle. Despite Mavraj's mistakes at the start of the game, his composure on the ball is too important for this team. He's so calm and 99% of the time makes the right decisions. You guys are being too hard on him. Mavraj is probably the best central back we have ever had.

Lila, abrashi, agolli have to go. Abrashi gives us nothing. Yeah he runs a lot, but he is never in the right areas, barely ever wins the ball, and has 0 upside offensively. Putting Lenjani at left back with Roshi on the same side would be the best option in my opinion. We can exploit their pace both offensively and defensively.

My ideal lineup would be:

Berisha
Hysaj Cana Mavraj Lenjani
Rashica ? Kace Xhaka Roshi
Cika

The ? is a hole we have on this team. None of our current central mids are complete players (i.e. that can play both offensively and defensively). Kukeli is too weak/passive, abrashi offers nothing both ways other than being active, Basha seems too old for that role. Memushaj would probably be the best fit, but I would be worried about leaving a hole defensively in the middle of the pitch.

Anyway, I think Hysaj makes up for Rashica's defensive deficiencies, and Roshi makes up for Lenjanis. So it seems to be a balanced team that can defend as a unit, and exploit the counterattack for scoring opportunities.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Albanian journalist are so amateur that for some clicks they'll make up stories that may damage the team. Image

Ps. Lol at the supersport tag, wouldn't be suprised if he tagged #shakohoxha next time.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Albanian journalist are so amateur that for some clicks they'll make up stories that may damage the team. Image

Ps. Lol at the supersport tag, wouldn't be suprised if he tagged #shakohoxha next time.
A lot of Journalists have turned into hacks trying to get clicks. There is no integrity whatsoever left in much of the profession. All you need to do is look at the coverage of the U.S. Presidential primaries, it's despicable. You can't expect any better from Shako & Co.
  • Information