[Friendly 29/03/16] Luxembourg - Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Lol Shehi representing Albanian league well
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Meanwhile Germany 4 - 0 Italy
Dallku

Observations:

De Biasi clearly sees Veseli as the backup for that RB position and not Andi Lila. Veseli is pretty good defensively and a smart player. Offensively he tries to go forward but his crossing is atrocious. He's clearly an all defensive player.

Aliji is composed and comfortable on the ball. Always looks to pass it instead of hoofing it to no address(Albanian style). That can be dangerous sometimes though but I prefer it more. His biggest weakness is his physically. Today he was pushed off the ball by simple shoulder to shoulder challenges..

Ajeti/Gjimshiti did their job. I liked Gjimshiti's passing and vision.. He's more of a Mavraj player while Ajeti is more of a Cana type. Ajeti looks like a liability on 1v1 but meh that's normal.

Memushaj the captain was ok. Some of his over the top balls were pretty good and one of them caused the sending off. The short passing and combinations were lacking but meh what's new?.

Basha was ok. Needed to move the ball faster sometimes and and chill on the back passes. Same with Kukeli who seems to have lost a step.

Gashi's corners and set piece delivery were pretty good, always dangerous but if we're gonna judge him as an attacking mid/winger who's supposed to create chances for himself and others then he was a ghost.

Shala was not as bad as I thought he would be. He had some decent moments.. He played out of position because he's a central player not a wide one.

Cikalleshi is pretty selfish but I'd rather have a selfish striker who wants it bad than a scared one(Balaj). Leshi WANTS IT BAD.

The subs were alright. Kace did what Kace does, Roshi was Roshi and I thought Rashica did more in his few touches from open play than Gashi did the while 90 minutes he played.
Albo_eagle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Key Notes:

Kaçe showed once again he is our best player. An absolute star.

Gashi was very bad, and now that he plays in the MLS he will only get worse, he is done. Kukeli and Basha have no place in this team. Roshi is a very bad winger but we have to rely on him. Rashica a bit shy, but with no doubt better then all in his postition. Shala played well.
artan

Honestly, this was an awful friendly. What's the point of this friendly? Most of our guys didn't care and it's not a realistic test. Also, What's the point of playing with two deep holding midfielders in Basha/Kukeli against Luxembourg?

They couldn't even agree to have the game in Elbasan too. Atleast the federation would have made some money on the ticket sales.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Just finished watching the Luxembourg game replay. What a waste of time. It would've been better playing a friendly against Skenderbeu or Partizani at home.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Just finished watching the Luxembourg game replay. What a waste of time. It would've been better playing a friendly against Skenderbeu or Partizani at home.
The fucked up part is that these kind of friendlies along with the one against Qatar are just to play it safe. The type of friendlies that have no chance of hurting FIFA rankings, and are supposed to serve as confidence boosts by beating up on weaker teams. Unfortunately we struggled to put 2 past a 10 men Luxembourg.

I don't want to put too much stake into meaningless games but if we continue like this I think we will be the embarrassment of the tournament.
Pjetër

Nah. Hungary is prob gonna look really bad too.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote:Ajeti looks like a liability on 1v1 but meh that's normal.
It's "ok" for now, but troubling if we are looking to be more attacking as a team 3-4 years down the line.
artan wrote:What's the point of this friendly?
DB was trying new players before the tournament. Tougher to experiment with stronger teams. 2 losses in a row would be bad for morale.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Albo_eagle

Pjetër wrote:Nah. Hungary is prob gonna look really bad too.
No way. I watched their play off game and they were awsome, they play like us in terms of sitting back but when they go foward they just explode. Kind if like Juventus.
  • Information