Who should be De Biasi successor?

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Who should be our next manager?

You may select 1 option

View results
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote:An ALbanian coach in general(including Hasi) would get killed by the public opinion/media anyway. Look at Jupi who although calls up the best available u-21 players he still gets killed and called corrupt just for being Albanian. Nah.. Albanians are not ready for an Albo coach. They just respect foreigners more.
I disagree. Lorik Cana would have widespread support if he were to become the coach for example. Redi Jupi gets killed because he is a Duka sycophant without any personality whatsoever. Can you imagine Jupi give an inspiring speech at halftime to rally the team from 1-0 or 2-0 down. GDB seems to have done a great job at creating a solid unit and has improved team spirit. That's all we can ask from a coach as we don't have the talent to play any sort of tactical football.

Honestly, I think Cana will do a decent job in several aspects. He is very well spoken, can be inspiring, and is from Kosova. A lot of players seem to look up to him so he'll be a great talent recruiter as well. Since the chances of qualifying for Russia 2018 are almost in existent, I think it might be worth giving him a shot.
Plako

Kuqezijeti
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Many of you are saying that we have zero chance of qualifying for Russia 2018 but I think we've got a chance in doing so. We can easily beat teams like Macedonia, Israel and Liechtenstein, and get draws with Spain and Italy.
Plako

Kuqezijeti wrote:Many of you are saying that we have zero chance of qualifying for Russia 2018 but I think we've got a chance in doing so. We can easily beat teams like Macedonia, Israel and Liechtenstein, and get draws with Spain and Italy.
Well yeah that's likely, however getting top 2 is extremely difficult. While I am convinced that we can snatch a draw against Italy for example i don't think we have the talent to be consistent. We'll be battling with Israel for 3rd, that's for sure. They're not an easy team either.
Plako

Plako wrote:
Kuqezijeti wrote:Many of you are saying that we have zero chance of qualifying for Russia 2018 but I think we've got a chance in doing so. We can easily beat teams like Macedonia, Israel and Liechtenstein, and get draws with Spain and Italy.
Well yeah that's likely, however getting top 2 is extremely difficult. While I am convinced that we can snatch a draw against Italy for example i don't think we have the talent to be consistent. We'll be battling with Israel for 3rd, that's for sure. They're not an easy team either.
Fucking hell, of all the teams to beat Skenderbeu at home :)
Albo_eagle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Agreed. Two starting games Macedonia and Luxemburg. We should get two wins while Spain and Italy play eachother so they will be chasing us. We have seen the advantage that brings in these qualifiers.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

De Biasi made only 1 point in 8 games these qualifiers with Azerbaijan. Today he said that after 20 games and 15 months he knows the Azeri players 😂🤣
Having a domestic coach is mandatory for us from now on. We can’t lose 1 qualifiers cycle to let the coach know the players and fail the upcoming one. Hungary’s coach Rossi has been training local clubs for some years before getting the charge of their NT.

Ps. A lot De Biasi’s success should be attributed to Tramezzani. He scouted players, talked to them, kept a good relationship between the staff and players. Now we have Salihi, Bulku, Bushi doing it (the ones who were smirking while Rrahmani, Gjimshiti and co were leaving the team before the Euro’s).
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:46 pm De Biasi made only 1 point in 8 games these qualifiers with Azerbaijan. Today he said that after 20 games and 15 months he knows the Azeri players 😂🤣
Having a domestic coach is mandatory for us from now on. We can’t lose 1 qualifiers cycle to let the coach know the players and fail the upcoming one. Hungary’s coach Rossi has been training local clubs for some years before getting the charge of their NT.

Ps. A lot De Biasi’s success should be attributed to Tramezzani. He scouted players, talked to them, kept a good relationship between the staff and players. Now we have Salihi, Bulku, Bushi doing it (the ones who were smirking while Rrahmani, Gjimshiti and co were leaving the team before the Euro’s).
Why would we get a domestic coach when all of our best players are diaspora players or barely played in Albania?

I think they need a coach that instills confidence and maybe a hard ass kind of coach. Also a coach that plays his best players. Only Albania would bench a La Liga fullback for a Qatari reject or an up and coming premier league striker for a striker who hasn't scored a first league goal since 2016.
Dallku

It's actually funny what a horrific coach De Biasi is. But with Albania he did miracles... not necessarily because of his "abilities" as a coach but it was also a good moment. Everything went Albania's way. The motivation and enthusiasm was there, played Portugal with no CR7 and them looking to sack their coach, won CAS, Duka buying Armenia, etc.. Just the right time.
CanaYouDoIt

An Albanian is a must for me now, rather than some over the hill Italian who doesn't care for the country.
  • Information