[Friendly] Albania v Qatar 29 May 2016 live streaming

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

You guys are seriously gassing yourselves now. Superliga on par with the MLS is a laughable statement. Which players in the Superliga can even hold the jockstraps of Pirlo, Lampard, Henry, Kaka, Drogba, Giovinco, or even the number of USMNT players that are on there (Bradley, Dempsey, Zardes, etc.). I seem to remember Beckham went on loan to AC Milan after playing here for a couple of years and was still top quality on that team. Let's not kid ourselves.
artan

Superliga has made progress over the past few years but it's still not comparable to the MLS. MLS has great Insfrastructure in terms of stadiums and training facilities while we know the situation in Albania is poor(albeit improving). MLS has one of the best attendances in the world and MLS teams simply have more money than Superliga teams. Everyone seems to think that MLS is a retirement league from the past signings like Beckham and Marquez but it really isn't anymore. Many teams are going after young (er) players to build around their teams around and not just the big names. Guys who played for River Plate or other less prestigious teams in the world. And as for Lampard he's getting shitted on for being the worst signing in MLS history..

Even the MLS's youth academies are superior to the Superliga's despite most of them being new. For example the Red Bulls had Matt Miazga sign with Chelsea and start a few matches this year(I get that it's easier for American players to get chances abroad than Albanian ones). What talents have the Superliga developed? Salihi is scoring goals by the dozens in the Superliga but yet was a bench player for an average MLS side. Roshi and Balaj who are both bench players in Croatia. Bakaj and Vangjeli are straight back in the Superliga. Atleast Hyka is a decent player in Switzerland. Berisha, Olaynika, Cikaleshi and Rrahmani seem to be the top products as of late(Does Cekici count?) But I guess there is progress in the past few years though, that should be encouraging.

Lets see if an Albanian team can make it to the group stages again without fixing the game. Some of our teams lost to a bunch of accountants in Luxembourg in years past ffs.
artan

NYVirus wrote:You guys are seriously gassing yourselves now. Superliga on par with the MLS is a laughable statement. Which players in the Superliga can even hold the jockstraps of Pirlo, Lampard, Henry, Kaka, Drogba, Giovinco, or even the number of USMNT players that are on there (Bradley, Dempsey, Zardes, etc.). I seem to remember Beckham went on loan to AC Milan after playing here for a couple of years and was still top quality on that team. Let's not kid ourselves.
He even went to play for PSG for half a season after retiring from the MLS. He was featuring against Barcelona in the CL quarter finals. The top end quality of the MLS is much greater than the Superliga but after that then things start to equal out. I do think a few players like Berisha, Latifi, Rrahmani, Lilaj could be good players in the MLS and could potentially get cap ups for the USMNT but then again these are our "best"
Princ

Princ

Princ

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Do you guys watch MLS? Those legends are just walking out on the field and not every trying. They're there for a retirement check. Giovinco is the only exception imo. The rest of the players are all Vila types. Just run with 0 iq, 0 technique apart from a Mexican here and there.

I agree that MLS is 1000x more professional than Superliga, but that doesn't mean much in terms of individual quality. I'm not even saying Skenderbeu would be the best team there, but they can challenge for the title.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Do you guys watch MLS? Those legends are just walking out on the field and not every trying. They're there for a retirement check. Giovinco is the only exception imo. The rest of the players are all Vila types. Just run with 0 iq, 0 technique apart from a Mexican here and there.

I agree that MLS is 1000x more professional than Superliga, but that doesn't mean much in terms of individual quality. I'm not even saying Skenderbeu would be the best team there, but they can challenge for the title.
Yeah been watching since 1996 and it's pretty obvious you don't or if you do it's just highlights. MLS season is gruesome with the amount of traveling rivaled by only that of the Russian league. It's one of the toughest leagues in terms of athleticism and the run of the mill mediocre Superliga players would not last a week in this league. Guys like Berisha or Latifi I believe would succeed but that's only a handful of them. It is no surprise that Superliga best goalscorer this year failed miserably in MLS at the height of his career. Maybe an all star Superliga team would challenge for the MLS title but even that is a reach.

It is true though that the league suffers in terms of technicality and the average American player severely lack in technical skill in comparison to the European, Latin or African players but they make up for it with athleticism.

While a lot of those people who look down on MLS focus on over the hill players like Lampard, Pirlo, and Gerrard the true stars of the league have been South American players like Carlos Valderrama, Marco Etcheverry, Jaime Moreno, Guillermo Barros Schelotto (played for a decade with Boca) & Federico Higuain (Gonzalo's older brother). The big names get signed to sell tickets, they have not managed to win titles like people thought hey would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I knew of a guy (not personally but knew of him) playing in MLS and making like 30k a year and he was a regular. Workers at Costco make more than that.

Yes, they are much more physical and way more professional than Superliga. But in terms of technique with guys like Lilaj, Latifi, Berisha, etc... (as mediocre as they are), Skenderbeu could definitely win the league.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Whoever puts the Albanian league in the same sentence with the MLS needs to get slapped upside the head.

Forget Giovinco, Gio Dos Santos, and the tons of great players the MLS has/plans on signing... NIGEL freaking DE JONG is worth more than the whole Skenderbeu team.

Jozy Altidore would drop 50 goals per season in Albania. Pero Pejic was a a god there..

Stop this discussion right now.
  • Information