"Arena Kombetare" the new stadium in Tirane

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Do you like the changes on the project?

You may select 1 option

View results
Dallku

Who cares? Albania is the only country in the world without a stadium. Do whatever it takes to build it. If private investors are the only solution then so be it.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:In the U.S. I assume they're not passing around suitcases full of cash to the Governor's sister-in-law under the table.
Please let not hold the Americans on a pedestal as some paragons of virtue. They are the biggest crooks on this planet willing to do anything to advance their economic interest and that includes war and the toppling of legitimately elected governments all over the world.

But since you were focusing strictly on cash here's a Louisiana congressman making Ilir Meta look like Mother Teresa. Also read up on Tom Delay (House majority leader) and Jack Abramoff (lobbyist) both convicted on several corruption charges not too long ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William ... ption_case

I'm not saying there is no corruption in Albania, but it is an endemic problem in pretty much any society to varying degrees. As Dallku said as long as the stadium is getting I couldn't care less how it gets built.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako, you don't need to tell me about corruption in American politics. I know :D But corruption in Albania and corruption there are two completely different things. If Albania had the muscle the U.S. has, toppling of wannabe dictators would be the least of our concerns. Look at what happened in '97 for a taste.

My point in this, is not just whether a stadium gets built or not, because it doesn't end there. With this agreement, who decides the ticket prices? Can they just raise prices to any price they want? Do they keep 100% of the profits? Who keeps the profits from the stores nearby? How much money goes into FSHF's pocket, and consequently for other projects like infrastructure, youth development, etc... Was it absolutely necessary to just hand off valuable land downtown to Rama's friends, when FSHF said 1500 euros per seat was enough for a new stadium? Could that land be put to much better use and increase profits?

There is absolutely 0 transparency. To make things even more laughable, they are legally supposed to hold a call for tenders, and pick the best choice. Out of 12 companies, they all "left" because they couldn't fulfill the "requirements", so only 1 choice remained and it just so happened to be Rama's friend. This is an absolute farce.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
nikobellic

Guys corruption in albania is bigger then our stadiums. Plako you made a point but i think Aurora bulku responded really well. In america no matter how much the government steals they dig around a big mountian full of riches as in albania the government digs pretty much everything from a small hill. Man albania has minerals that should have never let the country have financial problems. Never mind the stadiums that are nothing cus 60m for the government is nothing to invest for 1 stinky stadium. But these turds put every cent in their pocket, they invest in something small, build a few parks or roads and say hey we did something. Thats albania guys were everything that brings income into the country is sold to private owners so fat pig politicians can fill their pockets and the rest suffer. Honestly fuk this new stadium they shoulda build a stadium with like 50k capacity, people will fill it. In 2011 i saw the game against france in tirane in the stadium. I got a ticket for $10 in the black market earlier that day but the real value was $5. I went at the stadium like 20 mins b4 the game and there was so many people left outside the stadium that people were asking me for my ticket for 100 euros. I could swear it was at least 10k outside the stadium trying to get into a full stadium. If we had a 50k stadium with European standards albanians from ilirida and around europe would come down to watch albania play euro or worldcup games and fill the stadium without a doubt.
Albo_eagle

nikobellic wrote:Guys corruption in albania is bigger then our stadiums. Plako you made a point but i think Aurora bulku responded really well. In america no matter how much the government steals they dig around a big mountian full of riches as in albania the government digs pretty much everything from a small hill. Man albania has minerals that should have never let the country have financial problems. Never mind the stadiums that are nothing cus 60m for the government is nothing to invest for 1 stinky stadium. But these turds put every cent in their pocket, they invest in something small, build a few parks or roads and say hey we did something. Thats albania guys were everything that brings income into the country is sold to private owners so fat pig politicians can fill their pockets and the rest suffer. Honestly fuk this new stadium they shoulda build a stadium with like 50k capacity, people will fill it. In 2011 i saw the game against france in tirane in the stadium. I got a ticket for $10 in the black market earlier that day but the real value was $5. I went at the stadium like 20 mins b4 the game and there was so many people left outside the stadium that people were asking me for my ticket for 100 euros. I could swear it was at least 10k outside the stadium trying to get into a full stadium. If we had a 50k stadium with European standards albanians from ilirida and around europe would come down to watch albania play euro or worldcup games and fill the stadium without a doubt.
I 100 percent agree. All this time wasted since we stopped playing at Qemal Stafa and for what to play in a 22k seater. Wr will have to build a new stadium very soon again so this would of just been a waste of money forba short term fix. That is a joke 35k should of been the absolute minimum.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Albo_eagle wrote:
nikobellic wrote:Guys corruption in albania is bigger then our stadiums. Plako you made a point but i think Aurora bulku responded really well. In america no matter how much the government steals they dig around a big mountian full of riches as in albania the government digs pretty much everything from a small hill. Man albania has minerals that should have never let the country have financial problems. Never mind the stadiums that are nothing cus 60m for the government is nothing to invest for 1 stinky stadium. But these turds put every cent in their pocket, they invest in something small, build a few parks or roads and say hey we did something. Thats albania guys were everything that brings income into the country is sold to private owners so fat pig politicians can fill their pockets and the rest suffer. Honestly fuk this new stadium they shoulda build a stadium with like 50k capacity, people will fill it. In 2011 i saw the game against france in tirane in the stadium. I got a ticket for $10 in the black market earlier that day but the real value was $5. I went at the stadium like 20 mins b4 the game and there was so many people left outside the stadium that people were asking me for my ticket for 100 euros. I could swear it was at least 10k outside the stadium trying to get into a full stadium. If we had a 50k stadium with European standards albanians from ilirida and around europe would come down to watch albania play euro or worldcup games and fill the stadium without a doubt.
I 100 percent agree. All this time wasted since we stopped playing at Qemal Stafa and for what to play in a 22k seater. Wr will have to build a new stadium very soon again so this would of just been a waste of money forba short term fix. That is a joke 35k should of been the absolute minimum.
35k is way too big and no way it's get filled up unless we played Serbia/Greece or the likes of Germany/Italy.
Dallku

PD promised a stadium for decades and never delivered, they've actually destroyed anything sports related when they were in control and now they're trying to screw this one up just because they don't want anything "good" to happen under a PS government. They are easily the biggest cancer in Albania. Don't give a fck if Rama/Duka and their friends are corrupt. At least they are building projects and have something good to show for instead of destroying everything in sight. The way Albanians are complaining about this stadium I really think that they deserve to play in a broken down WWI stadium for another century. Ridiculous. Building stadiums is not easy, for Albania it's even harder. It cannot be done public money because there are bigger way more important priorities.

The capacity is more than fine. Even at 22k it would only get filled once a year and that's if we're lucky(play an enemy or a big team as Plako mentioned).
AlMadman

Dallku wrote:PD promised a stadium for decades and never delivered, they've actually destroyed anything sports related when they were in control and now they're trying to screw this one up just because they don't want anything "good" to happen under a PS government. They are easily the biggest cancer in Albania. Don't give a fck if Rama/Duka and their friends are corrupt. At least they are building projects and have something good to show for instead of destroying everything in sight. The way Albanians are complaining about this stadium I really think that they deserve to play in a broken down WWI stadium for another century. Ridiculous. Building stadiums is not easy, for Albania it's even harder. It cannot be done public money because there are bigger way more important priorities.

The capacity is more than fine. Even at 22k it would only get filled once a year and that's if we're lucky(play an enemy or a big team as Plako mentioned).
Duka has been at the helm of FA when PD was in power, but suddenly he's become the saviour of Albanian football. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets a statue built soon.

Also, as far as "It cannot be done public money because there are bigger way more important priorities. ". What is that? Buying luxury cars, building luxury villas, expensive holidays, expensive dinners that run into thousands and hundred of thousands etc.

The stadium is PERFECT. Well not perfect, but compared to the commie/fascist shyte that the whole world was laughing at, it is for sure PERFECT.
Albo_eagle

Plako wrote:
Albo_eagle wrote:
35k is way too big and no way it's get filled up unless we played Serbia/Greece or the likes of Germany/Italy.
No 35k wouldn't be too big, as this stadium should be build for minimum the next 20 years and i think year on year our crowds will rise rapidly like the team. So in 5 years i do not think this stadium will be suitable no more let alone they are probably building it for the next 50.

It is what it is though.
Dallku

MadMan wrote:
Duka has been at the helm of FA when PD was in power, but suddenly he's become the saviour of Albanian football. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets a statue built soon.

Also, as far as "It cannot be done public money because there are bigger way more important priorities. ". What is that? Buying luxury cars, building luxury villas, expensive holidays, expensive dinners that run into thousands and hundred of thousands etc.

The stadium is PERFECT. Well not perfect, but compared to the commie/fascist shyte that the whole world was laughing at, it is for sure PERFECT.

Duka had terrible relations with the PD government. Prhaps for many reasons but one of them was definitely that they were clearly anti-sport. So what was he going to do? Overthrow that government?? Lol. As soon as PS came into power Duka became more flexible. Working with this government they are making many projects possible like including football in schools, building training fields all over the country, stadiums etc. FSHF has the green light with Rama, that wasn't the case before.
  • Information