"Arena Kombetare" the new stadium in Tirane

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Do you like the changes on the project?

You may select 1 option

View results
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ImD5fObPi5c
Simboli i Diellit

The project has changed a lot and one of the main stands will be half build having only the first ring. The design looks like the house of Edi Rama , communist building.
Simboli i Diellit

They didn't want to pay the italians probably and that's why they hired others to change the project. For reference this was the italian project :
ms2li5eDDvg
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

If they moved away from the Italians, it's not that they didn't like the project, it's that they probably didn't give Rama and his butt buddies the standard 500k euros suitcase of cash under the table corrupt Albanian politicians require.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Tbh I like the new project. It's not something "spectacular" but for Albania it's perfect. It's a simple, neat British style stadium for football only - the way it should be. Some people are complaining about the "small" capacity but did you see Skenderbeu in the EL?? For the first time ever an Albanian club qualified for a Euro competition and they barely averaged 500 spectators per game in a stadium of 10k. Obviously the national team has much higher interest but that depends on the opponent/occasion too.
Aurora Bulkualis

So it turns out they're not even going to use their own money to build it, but give it to private companies that will make essentially all the profits from tickets. They'll probably charge 200 bucks a ticket for important games and FSHF won't make a dime. Can you become a bigger crook than Rama?

http://opinion.al/rama-stadiumin-qemal- ... snje-leke/

Albania will probably own the stadium in 2040/2050 or something. :zgerdhimje:
Simboli i Diellit

Looks like the concession of the Rinas Airport , they probably gave the exclusivity of playing national team matches only there. Anyway just owning the offices, restaurants, shopping malls around the stadium must have at least a value of 20 million € knowing the prices in the center area so privates this time are making the deal of their live.
Aurora Bulkualis

Haven't had time to go fully into this in detail, but someone should look at all the nuts and bolts and see how the costs are split, between private companies, FSHF, the state, because it seems like a giant fuckery/scam.

Apparently UEFA is giving them 10 million euros, and some private company will take ahold of the piazza in front of the stadium, and they will pay FSHF the rest of the cash. The stadium costs 1500 euros per seat, but the total cost is like twice of that.

It seems like a giant corruption scandal waiting to happen with 0 transparency. Good old Rama.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:It seems like a giant corruption scandal waiting to happen with 0 transparency. Good old Rama.
Well projects like this are perfect vehicles for some shady deals. It happens all the time in the US with the baseball and football stadia. Having said that, if the government is not spending any money isn't that the best outcome.

Rama is stuck in a damned if you do, damn if you don't situation. If the gov was paying for the stadium his detractors would say he's getting money under the table, now that he's not he's still accused of corruption. There will always be someone who benefits from projects like this and this is the deal we made as a society when we steered away from building anything with "punë vullnetare" (like the old Qemal Stafa) to having private enterprises doing the building for us.
Aurora Bulkualis

I know, but the way I understand it, they're literally giving away a huge piece of land, right in the middle of the city to a private corporation (Rama's friend), so they can pay for the stadium.

The FSHF guy on Opinion said it's 1000-500 euros per seat to build the stadium, which makes the total cost to 20-30 million euros. If they are already spent 15 million on Loro Borici, and UEFA is giving them 10 million, isn't that enough? In the U.S. I assume they're not passing around suitcases full of cash to the Governor's sister-in-law under the table.
  • Information