Elseid Hysaj

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

andi2410
Has thanked: 0

You don't think he's as good as we think he is? You think its the coach's tactics that have made him so successful?

To me, his speed and defensive intuition are skills that will easily translate into success regardless of the team or system. You can see that every time they try to beat him with speed, they fail. Plus, for his size he is surprisingly strong. I remember Hysaj manhandling that French black guy on the wing in the Elbasan game ( Matuidi I think?). He did not beat him once. Got really frustrated.
nikobellic
Been thanked: 0

Hysaj is actually really strong physically and hes really positional... From wathing him ive seen that hes so hard to dribble past, u need great speed and technique to pass this guy. I still dont think he can make it in a really big club like bayern or watever they talk about no way.. Those teams require u to be a beast offensivly and hysaj just doesnt have it.
Albo_eagle

Hysaj is phenomenal to us and can 100 percent make it at a top club. Zaba0leta at Man City was not offensively good but he developed, plus Hysaj is even faster.

Hysaj is a top player. 22 Years old and played 37 out of the 38 league matches for Napoli. Has been playing first team football consecutively since 17 so is way more experienced and mature then players his age. He also has all the right physical attributes as in he is tall, strong and fast. A top player which will achieve all the success he deserves.
nikobellic

I hope he does i like the guy. He can make it to a bigger team then napoli for sure but he def cant make it to giants like real, bayern or like barca no way man. I hope im wrong but i just cant see it.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Don't confuse his club form with his NT form. CR7 looks like a midtable player with Portugal. For us, he's decent at best, for Napoli he's a different player. Some players look a lot better when surrounded by good players. His passing is also at a top level.

When he was in Serie B, I thought the max. he would ever reach in his career was a mid-table Italian team in his mid-late 20s. He already cemented himself in starting lineup for #2 team at 21/22.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Hysaj is the same exact player he is with Albania as he is with Napoli. Only difference is that Albania doesn't have 70% possession like Napoli does and we don't have Allan and Callejon who are WORK HORSES defensively. But Hysaj's level doesn't change, he's the same exact player.

What does Hysaj do at napoli?? Most of the time he just passes it to Albiol and Jorginho. He rarely starts attacks like Ghoulam usually does. IMO he's capable as he showed at Empoli but the system is a little different in Napoli. Defensively he has A LOT of cover so he rarely gets exposed in 1v1 situations. In those he can be shaky because he's not the quickest. He's a smart player with excellent composure/calmness about him and can make the smart/safe pass.

I'm proud that we finally have a player at this level but please don't overrate him...just let him be.
artan

Dallku wrote:Hysaj is the same exact player he is with Albania as he is with Napoli. Only difference is that Albania doesn't have 70% possession like Napoli does and we don't have Allan and Callejon who are WORK HORSES defensively. But Hysaj's level doesn't change, he's the same exact player.

What does Hysaj do at napoli?? Most of the time he just passes it to Albiol and Jorginho. He rarely starts attacks like Ghoulam usually does. IMO he's capable as he showed at Empoli but the system is a little different in Napoli. Defensively he has A LOT of cover so he rarely gets exposed in 1v1 situations. In those he can be shaky because he's not the quickest. He's a smart player with excellent composure/calmness about him and can make the smart/safe pass.

I'm proud that we finally have a player at this level but please don't overrate him...just let him be.
He's no Vangjelli, am I right ledzep?
Aurora Bulkualis

Dallku wrote: What does Hysaj do at napoli??
His passing and crossing are vastly superior at Napoli. Maybe because he actually has options to serve there.
Dallku

He's obviously a much smarter(superior decision maker) and passer than Vangjeli. That's a requirement for a team like Napoli and that's why Kristi couldn't sniff a team of this caliber. Vangjeli was a quick as shit and a pest though. Vangjeli was a better at 1v1 than Hysaj but that's about it.

Owner, his crossing for Napoli has been mediocre. He can deliver some good ones but just as easily his crosses end up on the opposite corner flag. One thing his crosses have in common is that they're all pretty soft. He doesn't have a lot of power in them so they are easier for the defenders to clear. Compare it to Agolli's and Ghoulam's crosses it's night and day because those guys can deliver missiles. Defenders always have trouble with powerful crosses.

At Napoli he just plays the safe pass nearly all the time. He just passes sideways to Albiol and Jorginho and they usually switch it to the left side so they can attack. Not sure if this a tactical strategy or they lack trust in Hysaj(and the right side).. Perhaps it's a bit of both because at Hysaj's side Callejon is not very comfortable at the passing game. I know for a fact that Hysaj is a better, more risky passer than he shows at Napoli because he showed it at EMPOLI.. now that was something. He was playing one touch combinations with those dudes over there.

Out of all the Albanian players this past season Hysaj is the one I've watched the most. I can analyze his game in detail and trust me, this notion that he plays better for club than NT is a utter BS. Albanians don't know what type of player he is. If you expect him to dominate the right side, bomb forward and be a lockdown defender then you're thinking of the wrong player..!! Albanians maybe assume that because he plays for Napoli he's a player like that..
Aurora Bulkualis

Never said he was a Dani Alves type of defender (those guys actually can't defend), but more like Lahm in style.
  • Information