[Friendly] Albania - Ukraine 03 June

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote:It's easy to criticize Agolli because we only see him against strong teams like Austria, Ukraine, the qualifiers, etc while Aliji has played against Qatar, Luxembourg but may I need to remind that in the Qatar game Aliji gave the Qatari attackers quite some space(his positioning seemed suspect) and against Luxembourg he was skinned a few times by their players. Physically they are both weak but Agolli is stronger. What I like about Aliji is his calmness on the ball but Agolli clearly has a superior left foot.
Agolli always have been a player who performed just good enough to stay in formation, it was only against Armenia that had a great match and albanian media friends made him national hero for a day, Don't forget that Aliji had good match against France but De Biasi made the right choice, Agolli is more experience so he should be the first choice.
Kuqaloshi maoist
nikobellic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Plako wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Dallku wrote:I think Aliji would commit more mistakes than Agolli tho.
No way. If you remember Agolli was the main culprit for the Austria goal for shitty offside trap. He's a grandpa and suffers these brainfarts. That mistake was inexcusable. We can't have both Agolli and Lenjani on the same wing. It's suicide defensively.
I agree and I think Aliji would be the better choice tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to agree with ledzep i also think aliji would make more mistakes then agolli.
nikobellic

We haven't seen aliji against a strong team yet. Trust me if he was really good db wouldn't start agolli ahead of him. You can say he starts agolli cus of he's an experienced player but he doesn't even play aliji in friendlies against strong teams, and that's friendlies nvm in qualifiers or euros.
Albo_eagle

My 2 cents:

First half was just about perfect, the only thing that stopped it being perfect was conceding that weak goal. Very, very good half. The midfield 3 dominated, Kaçe so calm and composed. Sadiku played well up top and Roshi even had a decent game. We completely domimated, had them pinned back and they couldn't build any attacks. Sadiku unlucky not to get a second and put us ahead.

Second half was a catastrophe. The subs happened and it was a disaster of a performance, we did nothing. Ukraine dominated. Basha and Memushaj coming on for Xhaka and Abrashi caused this i think, and i hope De Biasi know what are midfield trio needs to be at the Euros. Balaj and Gashi was absolutely horrible coming off the bench. Need to be no where near the team.

In conclusion, I'm really happy as the friendlies could potentially have taught De Biasi some very important things. Two games ago we could of potentially gone to play the Swiss with Basha and Kukeli in midfield with Xhaka and Cika upfront and maybe Gashi out wide. Now that has changed to Kaçe, Abrashi with Xhaka and Sadiku up top woth Roshi wide. Sadiku will start to whoever was questioning it, De Biasi basically confirmed this after the game, and how crazy would he havehave to be not to start him, he scores and i have said for so long Cika is so useless. Gashi has been atrocious so i very much doubt he will play. Big lessons can be taken from these friendlies which could help us at the Euros.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

At the end of the day this just a friendly. There were a lot of positives we can draw from the first half and missed opportunities in the second (fucking post smh). But we also got picked apart at the end of the day and this is definitely a gut check for this team.

We'll see how they play at the Euros. All the tests are over.
Rodon

Teknikisht nuk ka qene nje ndeshje e keqe nga ana jone.

Te 3 golat kan ardhur nga amnezi idiote, keshtuqe rezultati eshte rrenacak. Goli i dyt dhe e tret ukrainas kan ardhur te dy nga gabimet te perditshem te Agollit.
Berti
Team: Leeds

After watching the game I'm not too disheartened. Result doesn't reflect the game. We looked the better team but for some horrific laziness in defense which we hopefully are as a result of the friendly and risk of injury.
I've said this before and I stick to it. I don't think we will impress nor do I think we will win any games. This is a learning tournament for us and we should cherish being there. Any surprises are just a bonus
Dallku

Technically I think we are capable of getting points out of anyone but mentally this team is still not ready. We still have an inferiority complex.. maybe not as much as in the past but it's still there. That fearful/nervousness/lack of confidence is still evident in this team. Even when it's a draw we have this "Ima shit my pants" mentality. As soon as we are down the fear goes away and we actually start to play a little.

The mentality has been improving in recent years but just not ready yet.
Dallku

I'm watching Germany-Hungary and there is no doubt in my mind that Hungary is less talented than Albania. The quality gap between them and Germany is beyond enormous and yet the result is still 0-0 because Hungary does not make amateurish blunders in defense. They don't give out gifts like we do(frequently) because they are not scared like Albania is.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote:Technically I think we are capable of getting points out of anyone but mentally this team is still not ready. We still have an inferiority complex.. maybe not as much as in the past but it's still there. That fearful/nervousness/lack of confidence is still evident in this team. Even when it's a draw we have this "Ima shit my pants" mentality. As soon as we are down the fear goes away and we actually start to play a little.

The mentality has been improving in recent years but just not ready yet.
spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Information