[Euro 2016] All combinations that favour Albania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Mbreti i Kosoves
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Mbreti i Kosoves wrote:Well we played these games looking not to lose as opposed to playing to win.
That's exactly it. Loser mentality. Starting with the coach.
I don't think it's a loser mentality especially when you consider the talent of this team. This isn't some American movie like the Mighty Ducks where David beats Goliath. our team is limited because we have no one that can create for others and score. We have players starting on our team that are playing in some shitty leagues.

If Gashi and Lenjani scored the goals they were supposed to score we would of advanced and the loser mentality would then be labeled as "tactical."
Rodon

Let's not fool ourself: this campaign has been a failure, and this failure has written De Biasi all over it.
De Biasi admitted to a journalist that the players he called up were not the most talented, that means he never had faith in the squad in the first place and went full defensive from the beginning.
Not playing Kaçe among the many absurdities (the excuse of stature is silly, everytime Kaçe plays the squad plays better, and that's like always), the obscenity of Lila as a winger (even Meha would have been better), the duo Abrashi-Kukeli that I didn't even aknowledge were playing 90% of the time.

Verily the only good thing of this campaign is that we can count on Ajeti as a quality and quantity upgrade over Cana.

This squad is in DESPERATE need of wingers.
Dallku

This is loser mentality: http://opinion.al/zbulohet-plani-ja-si- ... -shqiperi/

As much as I think that the Euros have been a success for the most part, getting a "champion's treatment" when they return in Tirana is beyond pathetic and unnecessary. Fvcking Rama he's so corny.
Albo_eagle

Very very unfortunate to be the only team with 3 points to go out. Do not forget teams like Portugal in the later groups knew what they had to do to go through while we did not as we played first.

We played so so well. I am so proud of the team. Sadiku, Hysaj, Abrashi and Ajeti were phenomenal. Well done to them.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

We are a young team who will only get better. Bring on the new players now that will lead us in these qualifiers.
ALBufi32
Team: Albania, FC Barcelona

For those complaining that we say we're unlucky, we just got screwed over 25 different ways out of qualifying.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Mbreti i Kosoves wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Mbreti i Kosoves wrote:Well we played these games looking not to lose as opposed to playing to win.
That's exactly it. Loser mentality. Starting with the coach.
I don't think it's a loser mentality especially when you consider the talent of this team. This isn't some American movie like the Mighty Ducks where David beats Goliath. our team is limited because we have no one that can create for others and score. We have players starting on our team that are playing in some shitty leagues.

If Gashi and Lenjani scored the goals they were supposed to score we would of advanced and the loser mentality would then be labeled as "tactical."
Yeah our team just lacks a finisher. People make up a million different reasons for why we don't live up to expectations but it comes down to one:

We don't have a single reputable striker on the team. That looks like it will change in the coming years. This tournament was not a disappointment IMO. We did a lot better than:

Russia
Slovakia
Sweden
Austria

It's true we could have done better but I respect De Biasi for selecting players who not only got us to our first tournament but will likely never play in another one ever again. The future shouldn't be taken for granted but this tournament was another huge step forward in our progression.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Fvcking Rama he's so corny.
He's just looking for air time/media time. It's an election year. Commercials cost money in Albania too. Running for Tirana as a mayor costs 2-3 million EUROs in ad buys, let alone as PM.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Mbreti i Kosoves wrote: I don't think it's a loser mentality especially when you consider the talent of this team.
Holy f*** man. Enough with this b.s. excuse. What is keeping Lenjani from scoring an open shot from 2 meters? Old ladies could score that. Gashi missing a completely easy sitter?

If we were outclassed at every instance by our opponents, then yeah quality is an excuse. When your opponents give you chance and chance and chance again, and you fail, that's loser mentality. Iceland has a population of 300k, and worse squad than us, yet when it mattered they showed up, and didn't choke.
ALBufi32 wrote:For those complaining that we say we're unlucky, we just got screwed over 25 different ways out of qualifying.
We were unlucky that Turkey won 2-0 instead of 1-0. The 3 games were played had nothing to do with luck.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Lenjani is a defender forced to play as a winger that's why he missed that chance. He was totally uncomfortable at that position.

Gashi choked but that Swiss keeper deserves some credit too.
  • Information