Road to Russia WC 2018 !

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

sylejman
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kuqezijeti wrote:Well in his fb he looks to be fine now judging by the video of him dancing to the Albanian Valle. But the where exactly would he play for Albania considering De Biazi likes to play with 3 defensive midfielders and two wingers.
Should easily replace roshi or lenjani as he is easily better than both.
Plako
Team: Partizani

sylejman wrote:
Kuqezijeti wrote:Well in his fb he looks to be fine now judging by the video of him dancing to the Albanian Valle. But the where exactly would he play for Albania considering De Biazi likes to play with 3 defensive midfielders and two wingers.
Should easily replace roshi or lenjani as he is easily better than both.

Agreed. Was really surprised with Lenjani's performance at the Euros. He was one of our better players during the qualifiers but failed to produce in France. Maybe it had to do with GDB's ultra defensive lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

He's a SS. Would only work in 4-2-3-1. Don't see him as a winger, where DB wants work horses who can run fast and a lot. He can't do either.

Only see him as a sub, when we're inevitably down to Lichtestein or Israel and we need to boost attack.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Avdijaj can definitely work as a winger and I believe he's played there a few times for club. His strengths are his dribbling ability and quickness. I know we hype him up but he's what this team needs to balance it out as he's a pure offensive talent. Other areas of his game definitely needs work including his attitude.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Kuqezijeti wrote:Well in his fb he looks to be fine now judging by the video of him dancing to the Albanian Valle.
Aha just watched that, pretty awesome. I wish we had broken into a giant valle at one of the games in France but I guess people didn't drink enough and losing the first two games didn't help :)

Check out Xhaka singing an Albanian song as part of his initiation at Arsenal :)

https://twitter.com/DasAngreifer/status ... 7277309954
Dallku

I don't know about Avdijaj but De Biasi needs to change to 4-4-2 against teams not named Italy/Spain. He has to.. There is nothing to be scared of. It's not like we have Curry, Dallku, Teli, etc in the backline anymore.

I watched Kukesi against Austria Vienna and what a difference it was when they went to 4-4-2 as opposed to 4-5-1. How you position really does matter.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote:Avdijaj can definitely work as a winger and I believe he's played there a few times for club. His strengths are his dribbling ability and quickness. I know we hype him up but he's what this team needs to balance it out as he's a pure offensive talent. Other areas of his game definitely needs work including his attitude.
Avdijaj seems more like the type that weaves in and out of tight spaces, rather than a guy who can beat defenders to the byline, which is what a winger does. Those guys are explosive and often very physical.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
artan wrote:Avdijaj can definitely work as a winger and I believe he's played there a few times for club. His strengths are his dribbling ability and quickness. I know we hype him up but he's what this team needs to balance it out as he's a pure offensive talent. Other areas of his game definitely needs work including his attitude.
Avdijaj seems more like the type that weaves in and out of tight spaces, rather than a guy who can beat defenders to the byline, which is what a winger does. Those guys are explosive and often very physical.
You're right about that. He does look like a player that is very explosive in tight situations and has a low center of gravity. From the clips I've seen of Avdijaj he does seem like he can beat players off the dribble but in reality who knows. I'd like to see him on the flanks and have him cut in.
KF.KORAB

Yes we play Morocco on 31 August.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/associ ... index.html
http://lematin.ma/journal/2016/le-maroc ... 51778.html

Very good test, Morocco is amongst the best African team at the moment and as long as we avoid friendlies against Georgia, Luxembourg, or Azerbaijan everything is ok.
Kuqezijeti

As much as I want avdijaj to join us I don't think it will happen as De Biazi does not prefer him, Duka stated this in an interview with that bold geazer on opinion. The guy has stated he wants to play for us since October 2014 and still they haven't giving him a passport that allows him to play for us or contact Fifa about the switch. Same goes with Zeneli, his father stated a few months ago that his son wants to play for Albania and so far nothing has happened. Russia 2018 starts less in a month and none of the players have been contacted or Fifa about the switch to the national team.
You can say this and that will join but until I see them in an Albanian Jersey you have to accept that we will be playing with Lenjani and Lila on the wings.
  • Information