Rio Olympics - Albanian participation

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Well guys if you look at the olympic sports most of them need good infrastructure and massive investments from the players themselves or from the state to play them . To play football you just need a ball and that's it :gezuar: Been playing Bowling and Volleyball for a few years . Example the bowling costs about 1.5 - 3 k € a year to a pro player while Volleyball actually if you don't play in top tiers it's just a hobby/investment of time. All the olympic medalists have played some kind of sports if not the same sport where they won the medal since the age of 10 at least. Albania doesn't have good athletes in any "swimming sportist" while Kosova has a waterpolo team with a national league :lol2: It's an indiference issue of albanian society towards sports in general as they see them as useless (you don't get money from Olympic sports most of the time) and it's not that football has obscured the rest , albanians don't even play it that massively as people do here in Italy . I see kids here trying all kind of sports in while growing up , future may change through , we can hope things will improve in albania in these maters. Personally would like to start tennis or "fencing" this october but i'm not sure which one to leave , bowling or volley , should probably just quit working :mrgreen:
KF.KORAB

Jari wrote:Still,only Great Britain and in a less degree don't have an actual interest (and knowledge) on the item of basketball from the so called big/western countries.As far as I know Albanians living in Albania boycott basketball.God knows how much popularity football will gain after the latest Euro campaign.I don't expect anything to be changed in the next 25 years.Let alone sports like water polo and volleyball in which i have no idea of there is an actual amount of courts or even a league to compete.Didn't really watched football myself at the beginning of 10's as its difficult to get some coverage here in Slovenia,the situation at Albanian sports was miserable as hell that time.Still waiting for the time that Albanian football will have a consistent team representing the nation at European stage.Sad to see everyone else being somehow successful at Balkans,besides the region is corrupted as hell.
It's all about culture and National education, if the country don't have this culture about this sport you will never see it shinning it's harsh reality if you like Basktball but that's how it is.

Look at the Rugby in Georgia, why it is so popular in Georgia? Georgia a little country in Causasia very far from British influence countries such as New Zaeland, Australia, South Africa etc.. where the Rugby is also very popular while the Georgian's neighboors have no clue about what Rugby means.

Btw Majlinda Kelmendi is amongst the most favorite to get the golden medal.

Simboli i Diellit

Lol they bring up the LSI thug President of KOKSH issues at the Olympics , sa turp : http://top-channel.tv/lajme/artikull.php?id=332753#k4
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Lol they bring up the LSI thug President of KOKSH issues at the Olympics , sa turp : http://top-channel.tv/lajme/artikull.php?id=332753#k4

Turp e faqja e zeze. Po ça pre nga njerezit e Ilir gangsterit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simboli i Diellit

Veli ne peshengritje 165 kg , e dyta ne baterine B .
Simboli i Diellit

Didn't know we had 0 medals at the Olympics . I always thought we didn't have any gold but this is depressing .
vata10

Kosova got it's first gold medal.
KF.KORAB

Congratulation
Simboli i Diellit

Great news , i'm happy for Majlinda. Congrats!!!
Plako
Team: Partizani

Congrats to Majlinda and Kosova. Great debut for both the country and Majlinda personally.
  • Information