Rio Olympics - Albanian participation

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako wrote:
Dallku wrote:Even Majlinda herself competed for Albania in the last Olympics and choked in the 1st round...

As soon as she puts on that sacred blue&yellow she turns into beast mode.

So you're saying our weightlifters should switch to Kosova to lift the curse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be fine for me aswell , unite both countries and call it great Kosova. Their constitution says they cannot join other countries but not that other countries/regions can't join Kosova :mecigare:
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote:
Plako wrote:
Dallku wrote:Even Majlinda herself competed for Albania in the last Olympics and choked in the 1st round...

As soon as she puts on that sacred blue&yellow she turns into beast mode.

So you're saying our weightlifters should switch to Kosova to lift the curse?

That would be fine for me aswell , unite both countries and call it great Kosova. Their constitution says they cannot join other countries but not that other countries/regions can't join Kosova :mecigare:

Fcuk that's genius :)

Dallku

As annoying as it is that Albania has no medals, this is totally exaggerated and overblown. All of a sudden Albanians are female judo fans? How many people worldwide actually follow that sport?
Plako

Dallku wrote:As annoying as it is that Albania has no medals, this is totally exaggerated and overblown. All of a sudden Albanians are female judo fans? How many people worldwide actually follow that sport?

Agreed and we will forget about judo tomorrow. However this is evidence of how terrible of a job we are doing as a country when it comes to sports. Let's just take the stark difference between Kosova and Albania. On the one hand you have an independent country for over a century that has participated in international competitions for decades and still blows. On the other you have a nascent independent state that is pushing above its weight in several sports after going through a brutal war not long ago.

Let's just face it: If Kosova's independence was recognized in 1991 they'd have been in Bosnia's level now and qualified for a couple of tourneys. I mean where would Albania be without its Albanians from Kosova. Or look at Prishtina winning the Balkan Cup in Basketball while we don't even field a basketball team anymore internationally.

Jari

Quite surprising that Kosovo won a gold medal at it's first participation ever there.Btw,their athletes weren't able to join our NT? Or we throw them away again?
Plako

Jari wrote:Quite surprising that Kosovo won a gold medal at it's first participation ever there.Btw,their athletes weren't able to join our NT? Or we throw them away again?

Majlinda Kelmendi was part of Albania's Olympic team in 2012. But nobody gives a shit in Albani. They're too busy stuffing their pockets.

artan

The people in charge of the other sports federations in Albania make Duka look like a genius.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote:The people in charge of the other sports federations in Albania make Duka look like a genius.
Half of the Fa's are for corruption and "kontrabande" as the sport FA's can import stuff without paying import duties . Just wrote to the President of Fencing FA and he told me no activity was held since founding it back in 2012. The bowling fa president is also a 75 years old who uses the post just for show issues but has done nothing to deserve it. Most of the presidents in 30 + olympic sports have just usurpated the job for the funds they get and the ego of being president of nothing.

Ps. Ah and by the way , the president of albanian fencing fa is also member of "Komiteti ekzekutiv i FSHFse " so he knows pretty well how things should be done but he is busy to hide the money he gets from football decisions ...
  • Information