Rio Olympics - Albanian participation

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Jari
Has thanked: 0

None of them has won it for Albania.This is wishful thinking.The truth is that Albanians as athletes have,Albania as nation has not.

It's like saying,Hakan Sukur(Albanian)has gained a 3rd place at the world cup with Turkey,therefore Albania has gained a 3rd place at the world cup.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Jari wrote:None of them has won it for Albania.This is wishful thinking.The truth is that Albanians as athletes have,Albania as nation has not.

It's like saying,Hakan Sukur(Albanian)has gained a 3rd place at the world cup with Turkey,therefore Albania has gained a 3rd place at the world cup.
Mustafi just won the world cup :mecigare:
Rodon
Been thanked: 0

Jari wrote:None of them has won it for Albania.This is wishful thinking.The truth is that Albanians as athletes have,Albania as nation has not.

Yes they won it for Fyrom and Serbia, their hearts are there.

Just lol.
Jari

You either didn't can't it don't want to understand.Probably the second one.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Rodon wrote:

Yes they won it for Fyrom and Serbia, their hearts are there.

Just lol.

Of course those wins don't count, otherwise we'd be boasting about Pirro Dhima's gold medals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dallku

Fact is that Albania is considered the most anti-sport nation in Europe. 0 medals in so many years is embarrassing. I believe Bosnia has 0 medals too but they have been competing since the mid 90's and have other excuses.

Problem is the government. There is less than 0 ambition to aim for a medal and take care of athletes. Albania had Kelmendi for a while(one of the best Judo players and a medal contender) and they literally kicked her out lol. Didn't give her a penny and told her to fvck off. In Kosovo she's a national hero... Albania simply couldn't possibly care less.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote:Fact is that Albania is considered the most anti-sport nation in Europe. 0 medals in so many years is embarrassing. I believe Bosnia has 0 medals too but they have been competing since the mid 90's and have other excuses.

Problem is the government. There is less than 0 ambition to aim for a medal and take care of athletes. Albania had Kelmendi for a while(one of the best Judo players and a medal contender) and they literally kicked her out lol. Didn't give her a penny and told her to fvck off. In Kosovo she's a national hero... Albania simply couldn't possibly care less.

Yeah it's a huge problem. I remember there were a total of 5 tennis courts in Tirana when I left in 1995. I would guess those were the only courts in all of Albania. The number of swimming pools was also less than 10 in all of Albania too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodon
Been thanked: 0

There isn't any parallel between Dhima/Shabanis/Manjani and the guys from ex yugo.

The former could have decided to play for Albania but they didn't and rather chose Greece, meanwhile Sejdi/Trstena/Salihu didn't have any choice. They won their medals for Serbia/Fyrom but nobody in his right mind would think they did so for the sake of these 2 countries.
Moreover those guys trained and formed in an Albanian environment.

As I said, 2 completely different situation.
Jari

@Plako That's why I have lost all the hopes I had for my favourite basketball to be developed,just a pity we seem to be inferior at everything else rather than football,which I still don't believe that has the right people controlling it and will fall either.
Pjetër

JQ7rZckXKtY

:lutem:

The sport of MEN.
  • Information